predictions for the rest of the season

so how does everyone think the remaining three games will play out? i think the huskers will get rolled by kansas this week, then step up on senior day and beat k-state, and then really not show up the day after thanksgiving and get throttled by CU. final record, 5-7. after the loss to colorado, callahan gets his pink slip and then within two days osborne will reveal the next head coach.

Sad to say, but I think they go 0-3 the rest of the year.

I think we will lose all three remaining games...if there is one game that we might win...K-State....but that is it. CU has been playing some pretty good physical football, this team is not physical enough to beat them.

good point regarding the physicality of CU. the fourth quarter of yesterday's game showed the glass jawed mentality of this husker team.

In a season like this, who knows? The talent to beat any or all of these teams is there. The key is in the attitude of the players. If the guys go into the game believing they can win, then they very well may.

Kansas is pretty darn good, but not unbeatable. No team is. Playing loose with emotion, and a couple of KU turnovers, then the chances are pretty good. Same with the other two teams. The players have to learn to win again; to EXPECT to win again.

I think that KU is tighter than a banjo string, and ready to implode with a rash of turnovers. they are ready for one of "those" games, that all teams seem to suffer through each year. I say it will be this week. That's a win.

After this, the guys will have confidence back and the home field will be jumping for Senior Day. Freeman will do his interception/fumble/bad decision thing, and a bunch of of KSU stupid penalties will give NU another win.

Colorado will punish us with the running game. That seems to be our most glaring weakness. I will lose the bet to my fiance' as CU wins. Callahan gets the Golden Handshake.

We go to the Cooper Tire Retread Bowl where our new coaching staff leads a renewed, confident and physical Nebraska team to a win over a crappy team.

But it's a start...

:restore

We go to the Cooper Tire Retread Bowl where our new coaching staff leads a renewed, confident and physical Nebraska team to a win over a crappy team.

:restore

Let's see here. We get a whole new coaching staff, they install their offense and defense in the 3 weeks before the Cooper Tire bowl, and we win!

How about an interim HC leads the team just before getting Sh!tcanned with the rest of the staff ala 2003? ;)

I agree. We have a *slim* shot at beating KState at home. Let's not forget that KState upset the Longhorns that we collapsed to. CU beat Oklahoma and looked pretty dang good against Texas Tech and we play them at Boulder. KU, well they're an under-rated undefeated team. #9 behind several 1 loss teams and a 2 loss team? KU will make a statement out of demolishing us.

I'm afraid to say it, but... we're not winning another game :(

I doubt NU Wins again this year although I can't rule out beating KateST or CU. Frankly I think both of those teams are overrated. KU will slaughter NU. As far as CU beating OU and Kate State over UT, play both of those games 100 times and they (CU and KateSt) lose 95 times. I wouldn't read *TOO* much into those wins.

OK, against Okie State we were down for 4 quarters. Against Texas A&M it was 2. Against Texas it was only 1. I say we play Kansas tight for 4 quaters. We play Kansas State tight for 3 and then finish them out in the 4th. We play Colorado tight until the second half, where we will dominate them on both sides of the ball.

Callahan is gone after Colorado, We get to go to a bowl game and order begins to be restored.

It may not have been against the best of the best, but if I remember correctly, we went 14-7 in the second half of the OK state game.

We are a 2 quarter team, they are definitely making changes. It looked good against Texas until the last quarter. Our offense gave out before the defense did. After that interception, in Texas territory, we stalled out and gave it back - inexcusable. The offense let us down. The defense needs more conditioning, that's coaches' fault for sure.

I think we can go tough against the next 3 opponents. We are changing up, taking chances, that's hard to defend against or mount an offense against. Not sure which way it will go but I think we get 2 wins. As well as Kansas is playing I'd like too see them take the Big12 championship, finish out with a BCS bowl, give the North Division something to be proud of. Definitely want to see us beat Colo. So if my prediction holds true, we'll probably end up spoiling Kansas' record and losing to the Buffs. K-State is a win, regardless.

I said it before the ATM game and I'll say it now BC has to finish 7-5 to keep his job. If he runs the board I see TO giving him the opportunity to revamp. 6-6 or less means era-over.

KU in Lawrence will be tough. They are a better-coached, more disciplined team than Texas. Texas has lost too many DC's to HC-jobs and their OC has always been average. He just had VY to make him look good for a couple seasons.

KSU is a very winnable game-last home-stand. Freeman can really make things happen but is turnover-prone. But you gotta look-out for their playmaker Jordy Nelson. He has Big12 player of the week written all over him.

CU has played good ball during their conference-sched, and 3/4 of their losses this season could've went either way if not for big passes being dropped. But we have a significant talent-advantage over them and their team is young. But that youth is getting more seasoned by the week. If it looks like BC's last game maybe the guys really go balls-out to send him off with a win.

so how does everyone think the remaining three games will play out? i think the huskers will get rolled by kansas this week, then step up on senior day and beat k-state, and then really not show up the day after thanksgiving and get throttled by CU. final record, 5-7. after the loss to colorado, callahan gets his pink slip and then within two days osborne will reveal the next head coach.

Realistically I think Kansas will beat us, but I think that the Huskers will put down KSUcks and sCUm. But that little streak won't be enough for Callahan to stay on.