KU STILL NOT GETTING RESPECT

JGS30

This is in response to a lot of the crap I’ve been reading on this forum for the past 4 days. I especially enjoyed the one titled “where will Kansas be in 5 years”? To answer that- Who really cares!?! Now is the most important time. I guess if that post helps Husker nation sleep better at night, then so be it. But the reality is that Nebraska is the laughing stock of the nation and it really is sad. I guess if you all want to tell yourself that Mangino is going to be gone real soon and you won’t have to worry about KU anymore that’s OK. I mean, do what you have to do to get through this embarrassing season! But I’m only gonna tell you this once so listen up Husker nation- Mangino is going to STAY AT KU. Period.

Why? Because we have the best AD in all of the nation. Lew Perkins knows what it takes to be a winner, and he knows the value of a football program and how much more money it can generate compared to basketball. Perkins turned UCONN into a top 25 program and he’s doing the same at KU. So long story short, get used to this. KU will remain a threat for years to come. And don’t look now delusional husker fans, but KU returns 85% of their starters next season! So don’t be so sure this is a 1 hit wonder, cause it’s not.

Here is my question to you all-How can a team (Nebraska) with that much talent play so bad? Well, talent according to rivals, but in reality your defense is the slowest in the Big 12 conference. OK, maybe Baylor is a little slower, but you’re neck and neck. My only conclusion to this is that your coach’s ego has yet again gotten into the way of the team and his bad attitude/arrogant attitude has killed this team mentally (See the Oakland Raiders, Coach C’s previous adventure). Same thing that happened in Oakland is happening now. Pathetic Hire by that egotistical AD of yours.

Thank your lucky stars that nut job is gone. He thought just because you had Nebraska written across your chest you would win games and you were entitled to achieve excellence. News Flash: that doesn’t work in college football. You have to be mentally tough and take NO ONE for granted because each and every week is a test. Once your program figures that out you may get back to where you were in 2000.

So this finally brings me to our game on Saturday. So you all think KU has played nobody huh? Well need I remind you that KU beat A&M in College Station just a week ago and held them to 74 yards of total rushing. That same Aggie squad put 370 rushing yards on NU and had been averaging 285 rushing yards a game. I would say after road wins at Manhattan, at Colorado (OU lost there), and at Texas A&M is pretty damn impressive if you ask me or anyone who knows anything about college football. Don’t be surprised if MU losses to CU in Boulder this weekend. That’s a tough place to win.

So here is my prediction for this weekend. You’ll all hate this, but it’s reality.

KU 45 NU 9

Hope to see you all in Lawrence this week to watch the 2007 Big 12 Champs play.

Ok so Kansas is good this year but our Defensive Coach is a freakin moron and if you watched the Texas vs Nebraska our Defense played their best from the previous games. And as far as the Big 12 Champs i'm not sure on that because you guys still have to play against Mizzo. And when we get a better coach who knows what the hell Nebraska football is all about we'll be topping Kansas every year. But good luck to Kansas in their remainding games because it's good to see Kansas do good in something other than Basketball.

This is in response to a lot of the crap I’ve been reading on this forum for the past 4 days. I especially enjoyed the one titled “where will Kansas be in 5 years”? To answer that- Who really cares!?! Now is the most important time. I guess if that post helps Husker nation sleep better at night, then so be it. But the reality is that Nebraska is the laughing stock of the nation and it really is sad. I guess if you all want to tell yourself that Mangino is going to be gone real soon and you won’t have to worry about KU anymore that’s OK. I mean, do what you have to do to get through this embarrassing season! But I’m only gonna tell you this once so listen up Husker nation- Mangino is going to STAY AT KU. Period.

Why? Because we have the best AD in all of the nation. Lew Perkins knows what it takes to be a winner, and he knows the value of a football program and how much more money it can generate compared to basketball. Perkins turned UCONN into a top 25 program and he’s doing the same at KU. So long story short, get used to this. KU will remain a threat for years to come. And don’t look now delusional husker fans, but KU returns 85% of their starters next season! So don’t be so sure this is a 1 hit wonder, cause it’s not.

Here is my question to you all-How can a team (Nebraska) with that much talent play so bad? Well, talent according to rivals, but in reality your defense is the slowest in the Big 12 conference. OK, maybe Baylor is a little slower, but you’re neck and neck. My only conclusion to this is that your coach’s ego has yet again gotten into the way of the team and his bad attitude/arrogant attitude has killed this team mentally (See the Oakland Raiders, Coach C’s previous adventure). Same thing that happened in Oakland is happening now. Pathetic Hire by that egotistical AD of yours.

Thank your lucky stars that nut job is gone. He thought just because you had Nebraska written across your chest you would win games and you were entitled to achieve excellence. News Flash: that doesn’t work in college football. You have to be mentally tough and take NO ONE for granted because each and every week is a test. Once your program figures that out you may get back to where you were in 2000.

So this finally brings me to our game on Saturday. So you all think KU has played nobody huh? Well need I remind you that KU beat A&M in College Station just a week ago and held them to 74 yards of total rushing. That same Aggie squad put 370 rushing yards on NU and had been averaging 285 rushing yards a game. I would say after road wins at Manhattan, at Colorado (OU lost there), and at Texas A&M is pretty damn impressive if you ask me or anyone who knows anything about college football. Don’t be surprised if MU losses to CU in Boulder this weekend. That’s a tough place to win.

So here is my prediction for this weekend. You’ll all hate this, but it’s reality.

KU 45 NU 9

Ya know what i never understand??? Why must people click on threads they don't agree about it then make a new post and whine about it? This forum is for the Cornhuskers am i right? No one compelled you to click on anti-kansas posts....so please i don't want to hear any whining.

Hmmm...little sensitive aren't you? There may be a few here that are not giving KU respect. But my feeling from the board has been just the opposite. I don't think you'll find a (sane) soul on this board who doesn't feel like we could lose this weekend. But don't kid yourself, friend, we CAN win this weekend too. I guess you'll just have to excuse me for WANTING my team to win...and believing against all that is intelligent that they CAN. I guess that because your AD and coach are doing a fine job of molding your program that we are all just supposed to give up on our Huskers and fall in lock step with y'all.

Ummm...BTW...this IS a Husker message board!

what are you talking about? most people think you guys are going to win big. what else do you want to hear?? how much more respect do you think you really deserve? you need to wake up my friend. you are having a nice season and have a good team, but you are still a little ways out from being the big 12 champs. when you guys actually win something then we will give you more respect. until then we will concede you will win this year.

Hmmm...little sensitive aren't you? There may be a few here that are not giving KU respect. But my feeling from the board has been just the opposite. I don't think you'll find a (sane) soul on this board who doesn't feel like we could lose this weekend. But don't kid yourself, friend, we CAN win this weekend too. I guess you'll just have to excuse me for WANTING my team to win...and believing against all that is intelligent that they CAN. I guess that because your AD and coach are doing a fine job of molding your program that we are all just supposed to give up on our Huskers and fall in lock step with y'all.

Ummm...BTW...this IS a Husker message board!

:clap

That's why the games are played.

I like Kansas, other than ISU they are the only North team I respect at all.

I also like Mangino and feel he is a great coach who gets the best out of his kids...

That said, when you schedule the 3rd easiest schedule in all of college football you are going to have a hard time earning respect, until you play someone great and win... which won't happen till you get to a bowl game.

Especially when you consider that among that horrible schedule, the three toughest opponents you guys have played (KSU, CU , A&M) Kansas has only won each by an average of six points per game.

I do think you guys have an opportunity to rip us apart, but that said we kinda suck really, really bad this year... and we may pull it off if Callahan is banned from the sideline. (crosses fingers)

Schedule a better OOC & beat the better teams on your schedule more convincingly and you will get respect, until than you get what you deserve and you deserve very little respect.

JGS, you make many valid points, and I can't say I totally disagree with your 45-9 prediction. It's very possible.

But it's important to remember that Husker Fans aren't the only ones dissing Kansas' schedule. This is being done - legitimately, I might add - all across the nation. Kansas has NOT played a difficult schedule, and there's not much argument about it. Texas A&M? They stink. Just because they beat Nebraska at Nebraska doesn't make them good, because... well... we stink too!

The Jayhawks are a good team, they have a good coach, they have a good AD, and overall it's a very respectable program that has earned their top ten ranking as much as anyone else in the top ten (and more than, say, Ohio State or Boston College, who have played NOBODY).

But none of that means that Kansas has truly arrived yet. To really taste success, they need to win the Big XII North (something they could very easily do), and then go on to win the Big XII Championship. After that, go to a bowl game and either win it or play very respectably in it.

You have to remember where Husker Fans are coming from:

25 straight 9-win seasons.

30-something straight bowl games.

Five National Championships.

I-don't-know-how-many conference Championships.

Three Heisman Trophy winners.

Ridiculous numbers of Academic All-Americans.

288 games sold out in a row.

A massive national fan base.

Blah, blah, blah, blah....

Imagine that Kansas had every one of those accolades, and Nebraska had none. Then imagine how you would regard the Huskers if we suddenly had a good season and earned our way into the top ten. You would be reacting exactly the way we are to Kansas' current success.

The vast majority of Husker Fans that I have ever spoken to really respect Kansas. We like your program, we like your players, your coaches and your fans. You're pretty good people, so we have no reason to trash you guys. Sure there are those imbeciles who will, but there are those same imbeciles amongst Iowa State fans and Baylor fans and Texas fans - imbeciles are even there amongst Kansas fans. You have to ignore those guys, and not take it too personally. That's all.

Good luck to your team this week, and for the rest of the season. For my part, I'll be looking forward to seeing how Coach Mangino and his troops do, and I'll be rooting for you guys in every game after this weekend.

KU 45 NU 9

and theres no defending your schedule. your non conference is embarrassing. that wont matter against bad teams like us, but when you have to play MU and if you win OU, you will have wished you would have played some real teams

KU 45 NU 9

Best AD in all of the nation? Is this the same AD that just gave Bill Self a contract extension? Bill Self is doing to KU basketball what Bill Clownahan has done to Husker Football. They're a mirror image of one another. Both can recruit like hell, but neither have any idea what to do with them once they get there. It's amazing how Illinois suddenly got tremendously better the year after Self left for KU. Keep telling yourself you have an amazing AD.

Slowest D in the Big 12? Define slowest because we have some guys that run some pretty fast 40's on our D. We may look tremendously slow on the field, but I think this has a lot more to do with being out of position and scheme than anything else.

I hope KU does represent the North this year, and I've always quietly rooted for them. I still remember Glenn Mason going for 2 instead of kicking the PAT because he either wanted to win the game or lose the game rather than screwing up TO's chance of playing for the NC with the game ending in a tie. I would love to see Mangino duke it out with former boss Bob Stoops in the Big 12 title game.