has any other major college team fallen this hard so fast?

No football historian here either, but I would have to say that no team (besides the Irish this year) with such a proud history, great players, numerous titles, numerous All-Americans over the years, has fallen so hard. And it's not like we're losing close games, some of these are embarrassing. Most points allowed at Memorial Stadium, most points allowed by Nebraska, the list goes on, and that is not a good list to start. For a program with such pride, history, and a knack for winning, this year's Huskers have really dropped the ball, no pun intended. I don't think I could get KU to score 76 points against Nebraska on a video game, let alone did I think it would happen in real life! That's just my two cents.

For all practical purposes, KU should've done it in the 3rd quarter. Just God-awful.

All I know is thank God for N.Dame or we would really be catching it on every sports show a lot more.

GBR!!!

I think Notre Dame has fallen harder than Nebraska, although the thing that will be interesting to watch in the future is that Notre Dame seems to be holding on to most of its recruits while Nebraska is losing a good share of its recruits. It will be interesting to see how that effects both teams' comebacks the next couple of seasons. I wonder if some of the difference in recruiting is because it seems pretty evident that Weis isn't going anywhere, and pretty evident that Callahan is going to be gone. The uncertainty is hurting recruiting. Mabe if Osborne makes a coaching decision soon some key recruits can be retained.

Definitely Notre Dame, however our fall seems to be more 'unbelievable'....not just to us....but to the rest of the country. While Notre Dame could see it coming after losing so many big players....this was supposed to be 'The Year' to show what Callahan has put together. I guess we've seen it...

Oklahoma had some bad times, Syracuse...yeah, Notre Dame, Colorado...and what about Penn State?

Depends on if this thread is about football powers that have fallen, or just ordinary BCS-level schools. If it is the former, then throw out CU and Syracuse. Never been consistent powers. CU has a shared NC, that's all - and only due to the 5-down game against Mizzou.

ND wins hands down, but we aren't too far behind. Alabama's back finally, but their fall was hard a few years ago. Penn State is another that flatlined a couple of years ago, but has recovered somewhat. FSU hasn't fallen as far or as hard, but that is another program that is having big problems (other than their annual "signature" win yesterday). If I remember correctly, even OU managed 5 wins at the depth of their 90s freefall.

The non-"powers" list is headed by the 'Cuse, Pitt, CU (which is recovering), KSU, Northwestern, Iowa, and Maryland (3 10 win seasons in a row and the Fridge is unplugged now)