KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

fans classy. players are not.

-The senior receiver Shevin Wiggins was arrested and charged Friday with sexual assault of a child. He was accused of fondling two 14-year-old girls, Lancaster County Attorney Gary Lacey said.

-Nebraska's starting wide receiver Maurice Purify was arrested Saturday night in Lincoln. According to the Lincoln Police Department, Purify was arrested on two counts of assault and one count of resisting arrest.

A former Nebraska running back, Scott Baldwin, was in serious condition today following surgery after he was shot in a fight with the police Saturday night, a hospital spokeswoman said

-LINCOLN, Neb. — Wide receiver Maurice Purify was suspended indefinitely from the Nebraska football team Friday after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving, his second run-in with law enforcement in five weeks.

-Lawrence Phillips

-While at Nebraska, Peter was convicted four times, including once for sexual assault, and arrested eight times, The Boston Globe reported in 2004.

-Former Husker running back Lawrence Phillips stayed on Osborne and Solich's team despite a terrifying assault on his girlfriend in which the women was dragged down three flights of stairs and reportedly bashed against a mailbox

-in the NFL, the Rams, Dolphins and 49ers ridded themselves of Phillips, but Nebraska would have allowed him back for his senior season if he hadn't gone pro. Phillips graduated to more and bigger crimes, and is currently in prison.

I think you are right. We need to find a coach who has a daughter who will spread 'em for anyone on the team (and recruits, too!). Excuse me while I go research coaches who have slut daughters, and then revamp my future coach wish list....

Uhh... is this the part of the thread where you Husker folks start talking about how "most" Nebraska fans are classy? Good lord, what a disgusting comment.

you could write up a list for almost every major college. college kids do stupid things.

We didn't have any problems this year with jerks at KU but have had in the past. I've just learned where the drunks hang out after the game and throw the f bombs. I've been embarrassed for my teenaged daughters and wife in the past being exposed to the vile language.

The KU fan I sat next to at the game was rooting for the Hawks to run it in the 4th quarter to keep the clock moving. He thought Fatgino was trying to keep running up the score.

The tire slashing in the past is well documented and made the newspapers here.

But I will never spend another dollar attending a Buffalo game with our experiences in Boulder.

I think there should be some kind of rating system for fans....maybe then some of them would take some pride and try to show some sportsmanship rather than be a$$holes that want to make a bad name for their University.

Like I said in an earlier post, if I see something, you bet I am going to say something...this stuff has no place at a college sporting event. I have never seen someone at another school step up and come to the defense of a visitor when one or more of their fans are being jerks. I don't know why people from Nebraska are so different, but it is refreshing...and too bad other schools don't take notice and step up to the plate and condemn bad actions when they see them. They hardly ever do, if ever.

Well my guess is that I have attended more games than 95% of you on this board. I have been going to college football games all accross the country for nearly 50 years.

I have never encountered a problem, never ever. I have attended games at every major stadium but Penn State.

It amazes me that these things happen. I am not doubting that they do, but I have never seen it period.

I have seen fights between the fans, but normally it was well deserved. I have never seen a senior or young child attacked.

I have heard the derogatory remarks, but normally coming from a drunk frat boy that really has no clue of where he is at or doing.

I attended the SC/Oregon State game last nite. Great fans and very very friendly. We had a group of Beaver fans right next us and had a great time with them.

Your normally get what you sow.

At the Missouri game my wife and I were walking to the stadium when a truck full of Missouri college students stopped and offered us a ride in the pick up bed. We took them up on it, even though they were pretty well juicied up. Saved us a two mile walk. They were very friendly and wished us luck and have fun.

I guess I have just been lucky, but I have always been friendly to every fan I meet, I do not dislike any team, other than maybe Michigan. But I have attended games at the big house and never had a problem there, some comments after 97, but never anything that caused alarm.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to a young person and a senior citizen. I am in my 60's and would hate to think I could not attend the games I enjoy more than anything in life.

It is time we all took notice of the NCAA advertiesemtns on being good sports.

These are people just like you and your family, and should always be treated that way.

There is no room for hate in college football.

Well my guess is that I have attended more games than 95% of you on this board. I have been going to college football games all accross the country for nearly 50 years.

I have never encountered a problem, never ever. I have attended games at every major stadium but Penn State.

It amazes me that these things happen. I am not doubting that they do, but I have never seen it period.

I have seen fights between the fans, but normally it was well deserved. I have never seen a senior or young child attacked.

I have heard the derogatory remarks, but normally coming from a drunk frat boy that really has no clue of where he is at or doing.

I attended the SC/Oregon State game last nite. Great fans and very very friendly. We had a group of Beaver fans right next us and had a great time with them.

Your normally get what you sow.

At the Missouri game my wife and I were walking to the stadium when a truck full of Missouri college students stopped and offered us a ride in the pick up bed. We took them up on it, even though they were pretty well juicied up. Saved us a two mile walk. They were very friendly and wished us luck and have fun.

I guess I have just been lucky, but I have always been friendly to every fan I meet, I do not dislike any team, other than maybe Michigan. But I have attended games at the big house and never had a problem there, some comments after 97, but never anything that caused alarm.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to a young person and a senior citizen. I am in my 60's and would hate to think I could not attend the games I enjoy more than anything in life.

It is time we all took notice of the NCAA advertiesemtns on being good sports.

These are people just like you and your family, and should always be treated that way.

There is no room for hate in college football.

Nice post and great point.

I am also glad to hear of your positive experience at Mizzou. In my experience with our fans, it has not necessarily been the frat boys that have been the problem, but the 23-30 year olds who still haven't grown up.

My son works at the University. I will be moving there in a year or so. We bought season tickets this year and will continue to move up on the list.

My wife is from Jefferson City. I love Missouri, being a mountain biker. There are unlimited trails there.

So I have ties to the state.

We have attended numerous games there, last year dressed in my Nebraska gear and my best friend in his Wisconsin stuff, never a harsh word. But I make every effort to know their chants and traditons were ever I go, I try to be part of their fan base. (ahh did Kansas just score again or is that just going to keep playing in my head for the rest of my life ?)

I think a large part of the perceived problem (which is considerably larger than the actual problem, regardless of the fan base) arises from visiting fans who come into an opposing team's stadium EXPECTING to be treated poorly.

Think about it, if you're expecting to have a good time at an away game, any sort of bad treatment that you receive from your hosts is going to register along the lines of "huh, that was weird... wasn't expecting that", and then you'll move on from the incident and go back to enjoying the game.

On the other hand, if you're on the defensive from the word go, if you're EXPECTING something bad to happen (as Husker fans often are in Boulder, and as Texas fans are in Oklahoma, or vice versa), one tiny insignificant incident is going to cause you to think "SEE??? I told you they were horrible fans!", and then you'll end up spending the rest of the game lamenting over that one piece of bad sportsmanship instead of just enjoying the game.

To use a bit of Dan Hawkins speak, it's all about the law of attraction. If you only believe in the good, then you'll see good, if you only believe in the bad, you'll only see the bad.

I think a large part of the perceived problem (which is considerably larger than the actual problem, regardless of the fan base) arises from visiting fans who come into an opposing team's stadium EXPECTING to be treated poorly.

Think about it, if you're expecting to have a good time at an away game, any sort of bad treatment that you receive from your hosts is going to register along the lines of "huh, that was weird... wasn't expecting that", and then you'll move on from the incident and go back to enjoying the game.

On the other hand, if you're on the defensive from the word go, if you're EXPECTING something bad to happen (as Husker fans often are in Boulder, and as Texas fans are in Oklahoma, or vice versa), one tiny insignificant incident is going to cause you to think "SEE??? I told you they were horrible fans!", and then you'll end up spending the rest of the game lamenting over that one piece of bad sportsmanship instead of just enjoying the game.

To use a bit of Dan Hawkins speak, it's all about the law of attraction. If you only believe in the good, then you'll see good, if you only believe in the bad, you'll only see the bad.

I think you're right on there.

I'm about as experienced as you, skersfan. Other than the occasional unsportsmanlike comment from some drunk kid (no matter what their age), I've never really had any problems at all.

Fans have to remember, treat people as you want to be treated. If you talk to the people around you and get to know them a little, you will find that most are no different than you.

Great post.

:thumbs

I think you're right on there.

well sorta. If I expected a great trip and got back to my car and found the tires slashed......