KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

i am going to say it loud and clear, KU fans are the biggest bunch of jerks out there...obviously not all of them but a vast majority....

2 years ago when KU beat NU as my wife and I walked out of the stadium we were baraged with insults. My wife was called a " f'ing whore " we were told we were all " mother f'ers and should go stick corncobs up our asses"......this was after a win mind you.

Yesterday during the game for me was not as bad...most likely because there was not really a doubt that KU would win...but for my best friends family that was there this is not the case....

as they walked out another exit from where we were, a drunk KU fan ran up to his 14 year old nephew and pushed him and called him a mother fu&*#r....his father started to obviously do something about it, but this kids 76 year old grandfather stepped in the middle to keep the peace and was greated with a punch/push to his chest with enough force to knock him down...luckily/unfortuanately just then the police showed up before my friends 6'4" 350lb brother in law really beat the hell out of someone....

my friends father in law in the end didnt press charges and just wanted to leave....

this is just one example of how these fans act....again not all of them but many....

I must say also i noticed in their stadium, security was very lacking....

The KU MU game in arrowhead is going to get ugly between the two fan bases. I hope they are bringing in extra security.

:yeah

Too bad you've never been to Boulder. Go experience Folsom Prison.... er, eh, Folsom Field some time. Being from the Sandhills, it was actually closer for us to go there than to Lincoln. you'll learn a new level of poor fan behavior. And if we ever renew our series with Penn State, there's where the ultimate in foul behavior will be experienced.

The KU MU game in arrowhead is going to get ugly between the two fan bases. I hope they are bringing in extra security.

:yeah

Too bad you've never been to Boulder. Go experience Folsom Prison.... er, eh, Folsom Field some time. Being from the Sandhills, it was actually closer for us to go there than to Lincoln. you'll learn a new level of poor fan behavior. And if we ever renew our series with Penn State, there's where the ultimate in foul behavior will be experienced.

Actually I was in Boulder for the Mizzou game last night. I was also here two years ago and did experience some pretty poor fan behavior but last night they were pretty mellow, probably because we were winning pretty easily. I do think that CU fans are the worst and Nebraska gets the brunt of that for some reason.

Mizzou fans didn't exactly bring out the welcome wagon in Columbia this year either. We had all the windows knocked out of our car, and as we left the game faced 3 or 4 young guys that wanted to fight us. We've had a bad year with a lot of poor behavior by a few of our fans, but there's a reason that opposing fans brag on how cool we are in Lincoln. We don't have a lot to be proud of this year, but we will always have our sportsmanship.

I had a few experiences with Jayhawk fans when I was there in 05. It was not pretty. I don't really plan on going back. My parents did this year, I am sure they got the treatment.

I will say that while I think NU fans are more like regular fans than anyone, I can't say that I've ever heard of an NU fan rolling a 14 year old coming out of the game.

Busch league. Pure Busch league.

Everybody was really nice until after the game. Nobody wanted to fight me or anything, but my wife and I got yelled at by 5 or 6 smartasses on the way from the stadium to 10th and Mass. I guess some of them really do have lots of pent up aggression. Everybody (except for one jackass--there's always one jackass) in my section was pretty friendly, though.

I honestly think part of the problem with the minority of fans from KU and MU is that neither team is acustom to this type of success. They just don't know how to handle themselves when we are winning. That certainly doesn't excuse the behavior, but I think it has a lot to do with it especially when it has come to beating Nebraska by large margins. On the same token, Nebraska fans aren't used to losing and I think this season has brought out the worst in a small minority of the Nebraska fans. I was sitting by some Nebraska fans at the Mizzou game who were so frustrated with the game they were saying things like, "if we can't win, make them pay, take cheap shots, hurt Chase Daniel." I certainly don't think this represents a majority of any of these fan bases, but all of our teams are in uncharted territory and we as fan bases, we haven't really figured out how to act appropriately in this situation.

no one f'd with us in Lawerence on 05...my dad and his 3 sons, average of us 4:

6'2" 210lbs of Scarlet and Cream wearing badass.

in fact when other people were getting heckled on the way out, when we got close they shut their mouths.

it will all come back around, trust me...we will be dominating these pansies in a couple years.

Will always get a few drunks that are not used to winning. That being said it's sad that he was drunk. I mean it was a 11:30 game that does'nt give a lot of time to get that drunk unless you started 7:00 in the morning.

Just hope Nebraska fans don't treat those fans like that next year when Nebraska wins.

I don't know if you guys check out other boards within the Big XII, but have any of you Husker folks ever noticed that you're the ONLY ones who complain about opposing fans?

A Buff goes to Lawrence, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "eh, it was alright. The bars were kind of lame, but the game was fun."

A Longhorn goes to Columbia, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "the fans were kind of obnoxious afterwards, but we had a good time. Nothing too crazy."

A Jayhawk goes to Norman, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "they definitely don't respect our program at all, and Norman's an absolute hole, but their stadium is awesome... hell of a trip"

A Husker goes anywhere other than Waco, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "OH MY GOD!!! Some drunk fan grabbed my wife by her hair and threw her down 4 flights of stairs, then some guy peed on me during halftime!! And then after the game, I went to get my car, but some tow truck driving fan had it impounded, so I paid to get it out of the impound lot, but that's when I found out the tires had been slashed and the windshield was smashed in! And you know what they smashed my windshield in with?? MY BABY DAUGHTER!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

Seriously, you don't see these "I was treated horribly" threads on ANY other Big XII boards. Want some evidence? Here's the closest thing I could find on Soonerboard: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100736

Oh yeah, the Buffs fans are REAL horrible nowadays. Times change, it would be nice if you folks would make an attempt to "get with" those times.