Sellout Record in Jeoprady?

jjamuss

I have been in the stadium for every game of Callahan's career and I don't care what you've heard, but the booing was directed towards the coaches and not the players.

Did a large number of fans leave after the Huskers were down 38-0 to Okie State at halftime? Yes. However, I guarantee you that more Husker fans stayed to watch their team be humiliated than any other fans in the world would have. Hell, fans of KSU and top 10 ranked Missouri can't even fill their much smaller stadiums when their teams are winning.

Honestly, even having an argument like this is stupid because only time will tell the true story.

I have great confidence in the true fans of Nebraska football. Many believe that they are just like other college football fans. They aren't. Don't take my word for it. Show up on Saturday and you tell me. Do you really think KSU, KU, CU, Missouri, or ISU would fill 84,000 seats if their team was 4-6 and coming off a 76-39 ass whipping?

Patience is a virtue.

Do you really think KSU, KU, CU, Missouri, or ISU would fill 84,000 seats if their team was 4-6 and coming off a 76-39 ass whipping?

Absolutely not.

That being said, the teams you mention have had MANY poor seasons. NU has had a few BAD seasons in the past 40 years. IF nebraska strings 4 or 5 bad seasons in a row, yes it's VERY possible that the fans will not sell out the stadium.

The fact that folks are asking the question with just one losing season in 40+ years while looking in the face of a LIKELY second losing season just proves the point.

BEAT KSU!!

I will agree with points and disagree with some.

I agree that the alotment of season tickets will continue to sell out for years to come. However you must remember that not all seats in Memorial Stadium are season tickets. There are some held back for single game sales. Not alot but some, probably in the hundreds. Then you must also add in the tickets not sold by the opposing team and returned to Nebraska the week of the game. A game such as next years against Western Michigan could have a couple thousand tickets available the week of the game. Will they sell...probably.

Having said that I personally believe the sellout streak is bogus and ended numerous times in the late 80s. I have had friends tell me they bought tickets at halftime of a number of games in the 80's. Also anyone who was at the Nicholls St. game last year knows dang well that wasn't a sellout. Unless of course there were 1000 no-shows who all happened to have tickets to the same section in the SW stadium.

Of course the "sellout streak" will continue because the Athletic Dept. will never admit that a game wasn't a sellout.

From Huskers.com Take it for what it is worth know one hear listens anyway...

Season Tickets: Season tickets are currently sold out. An annual sustained donation to the Nebraska Athletic Department is required in order to secure football season tickets

Single-Game Tickets: May be available as opposing teams return allotted tickets. Single-game home and away tickets were made available on Aug. 21 <-- Could it happen yes but there is a list for this also... people who give every year, and MIGHT get a ticket!!

Look at the web site everything is sold out.... I dont know who your friends are that saw tickets for sale in the 80's, bet its the same ones that saw Bo running around with a realtor and TO last week.... Also I would assume NCAA watches this kind of stuff (reporting of income and the like).

This site is just getting out of control....

The sellout record won't be in jeopardy for a long time (NU will buy the remaining tickets if that's what it takes so they can continue to claim that the streak is still alive).

However, don't confuse "sellout" for attendence. It'll be interesting to see the ratio of red to purple in the stands on Saturday.

The fact that folks are asking the question with just one losing season in 40+ years while looking in the face of a LIKELY second losing season just proves the point.

So.... if people ask you if the sun rises in the West, which direction are you going to look come sunrise?

Seriously - learn how ticket sales at the University work before worrying about this. It will take years and years and years for the sellout streak to end.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

It almost ended under Solich.

We are lucky we had the first 4 wins. If not it would be over by now.

I think we get through this weekend, because some booster will buy them up.

But without a major name as head coach next year we will be in real trouble If we don't start off well.

I do not see a major name coach coming to Nebraska. There is no reason to anymore. Cowherd made some very interesting comments this morning about Nebraska and why we would return but never to what we were. I have felt that way for a long time. We are no longer a mecca for college football, we have to beg to get recruits here, other just have to ask.

Some nitwit has a nationwide radio show and you believe what he says about this program rather than guys here who have been following Husker Football for 30, 40, 50 or more years? Man, W.C. Fields was right about suckers being born every minute. :o

I will say this about Cowherd - he's more than likely right about Nebraska not returning to what we were in the late 1990s. However, NO team will EVER return to what we were then. People just don't get how utterly dominant those teams were. USC isn't what Nebraska was then, and they're the closest thing to it in college football today. The 1995 team would wipe their feet on any of the recent USC championship teams. Of COURSE we won't be that again.

What is very possible, even likely if we get the right staff in here, is that we return to what we were in the 1980s - a solid team every year. Every year we vie for the conference title. Every few years we vie for the MNC. That's very attainable with the facilities, the program, the boosters, the fans, the tradition and the culture of Nebraska Football.

This program wasn't built in a couple of years. We're not Kansas, people. We're a force in college football, current situation or not.

Let's please stop listening to these airbags on their four-hour, desperate-for-content radio shows as if they actually KNOW anything. They're just filling air so you listen to their commercials. They have NO IDEA what Husker Football is about.

K?

I just called the NU ticket office today and they said a limited number of tickets were still available for the KSU and CU games. If tickets are still available for the KSU game, does that mean it is sold out???

Come to Lincoln this Saturday, go to the ticket window, and try to get tickets. That'll answer your question better than any of us can.

While you're here be sure to stop at Lazlo's in the Haymarket. Best microbrew in 500 miles. :cheers

Some nitwit has a nationwide radio show and you believe what he says about this program rather than guys here who have been following Husker Football for 30, 40, 50 or more years? Man, W.C. Fields was right about suckers being born every minute. :o

Actually, that quote is credited to PT Barnum.

Go away, kid, ya bother me.