Jim Rose-Football Announcer No Longer

TLS2

There's been talk for a couple of years now regarding Rose. I never had a problem with him. There was even some talk of Kent Pavelka coming back. Personally I never cared for Kent but he was the voice of the huskers "back then". He's what I grew up on but I never really cared for him. It doesn't much matter. Some never cared for Rose, some never cared for Pavelka. It will be the same with the next guy or gal as far as that goes. As much as I like watching the huskers on the TV it's still a pretty good deal to hear the game on the radio. Especially early in the season when the fish are still biting.

Since sacreligious destruction of all of the Cornhusker traditions has been the recurring theme for the past decade or so, I would like to nominate Ellen Degeneres to be the next voice of the Huskers.

No, a TAG-TEAM of Ellen and Richard Simmons. Take your pick of which one provides the color commentary. I'm guessing the color would be pink with a lavender accent.

I'm sure he and his bosses were caucusing before the decision was made. Jim Rose, the Lincoln Southeast Knight, used to wear the black jersey with gold colored pants with black trim down the sides -- ok, I don't remember exactly what LSE's unis looked like or whether Rose played football.

I thought he was doing a better job of describing the field position lately, expecially since he did a lot less of starting the yardage tally from where a back took a deep handoff, so you didn't have so much of "Lucky crosses the 25, past the 30, down at the 31, make it the 32, for a gain of 3. But his repeating of catch phrases was annoying. "Caucusing" always drove me crazy because he thinks it sounds smart but that term is almost always political. Once would be cute and original. Using it every time 3 officials huddled makes me want to yell STFU!

FWIW, I thought Pavelka and his "Tommie Fraziah" was worse.

I'm sure he and his bosses were caucusing before the decision was made. Jim Rose, the Lincoln Southeast Knight, used to wear the black jersey with gold colored pants with black trim down the sides -- ok, I don't remember exactly what LSE's unis looked like or whether Rose played football.

I thought he was doing a better job of describing the field position lately, expecially since he did a lot less of starting the yardage tally from where a back took a deep handoff, so you didn't have so much of "Lucky crosses the 25, past the 30, down at the 31, make it the 32, for a gain of 3. But his repeating of catch phrases was annoying. "Caucusing" always drove me crazy because he thinks it sounds smart but that term is almost always political. Once would be cute and original. Using it every time 3 officials huddled makes me want to yell STFU!

I just talked with someone who went to high school with Rose at Southeast and he said Rose did not play football. He was the equipment manager however. He was classified as a "cool nerd".

There's been talk for a couple of years now regarding Rose. I never had a problem with him. There was even some talk of Kent Pavelka coming back. Personally I never cared for Kent but he was the voice of the huskers "back then". He's what I grew up on but I never really cared for him. It doesn't much matter. Some never cared for Rose, some never cared for Pavelka. It will be the same with the next guy or gal as far as that goes. As much as I like watching the huskers on the TV it's still a pretty good deal to hear the game on the radio. Especially early in the season when the fish are still biting.

Personally, I'll miss Jim.

I liked his broadcast style.

Helluva nice guy. Helluva Cornhusker fan.

take a look at:

http://kentpavelka.com/

I just talked with someone who went to high school with Rose at Southeast and he said Rose did not play football. He was the equipment manager however. He was classified as a "cool nerd".

You mean when somebody stepped on his glasses, he got new ones instead of using white athletic tape to hold them together? :woo

Kevin Kugler is the obvious replacement.

not so fast my friend...

agreed... i see there being no way in hell that Kevin would actually WANT the job, other than the fact to say f**k off to Stevie P.. he has an AWESOME gig with westwood one and plus he can do the broadcasts for NET with nebraska again.. the main reason NET didn't have more baseball games on was b/c Stevie P supposedly wanted more attendance at the games.. and if Kevin were to take the job which would more than likely include baseball.. he would no longer be able to do any of this.....