How long will it take TO to hire

Once the official announcement has been made.....how long before TO makes a hire...... I would like to think that TO is doing all of his homework now, instead of doing what Pud did....

Hopefully, TO will name a HC within days of firing BC..... please do not wait 2-3 weeks and lose recruiting time....

Once the official announcement has been made.....how long before TO makes a hire...... I would like to think that TO is doing all of his homework now, instead of doing what Pud did....

Hopefully, TO will name a HC within days of firing BC..... please do not wait 2-3 weeks and lose recruiting time....

ok.. here we go...

THE CURRENT RECRUITING CLASS CANNOT BE THE REASON IN THE HIRING OF A HEAD COACH.

ok.. now that that is said.. i am assuming it wont be very long.. pedey had a list of coaches.. but none of them wanted to come here.. thank god for nutt.. and dammit mr. meyer.... but seriously, getting the RIGHT coach in here is MUCH more important than salvaging what is rest of this recruiting class..

It's a fair question. I think Dr. Tom will take his time, will interview each candidate, prolly at least 5 to 7. I'm guessing it wont be until sometime in January. Definitely will not be rushed. He wants whats best for the program, the state of Nebraska, tradition, excellence, and a competitive football team. Simple stuff. I do not think the next coach will feel pressured to win, win, win or get out. TO has that calming effect and honest approach to make the guy feel at home. It's up to the next coach to listen, understand, and not try to alienate himself from the program with ego or a launching pad for his career attitude. And I think TO would like to find someone with values and would consider sticking around for 15 years. Tough decision if you ask me.

ok.. here we go...

THE CURRENT RECRUITING CLASS CANNOT BE THE REASON IN THE HIRING OF A HEAD COACH.

ok.. now that that is said.. i am assuming it wont be very long.. pedey had a list of coaches.. but none of them wanted to come here.. thank god for nutt.. and dammit mr. meyer.... but seriously, getting the RIGHT coach in here is MUCH more important than salvaging what is rest of this recruiting class..

no, but it should be considered. coaching is more important, but you have to have players. we need to make an effort to keep them

no, but it should be considered. coaching is more important, but you have to have players. we need to make an effort to keep them

yes players are important.. but i think we have quite a few that are here already.. getting a coach that is a good fit is a much higher priority.. it is not unusual to lose around 8 recruits during a coaching switch.. so we just have to take the hit..

I hope he takes all the time he needs. The last thing we need is a hasty decision. We have to face the facts that we are already losing recruiting time (i.e. During the bye week who will recruit? I understand that the bye week is one of the most important recruiting times during the year. Since our staff is on the hot seat and don't know whether they will be back or not what can they say to the recruits?) However, I agree that we already have some great players already. There are also recruits coming in. Yes, we've lost a few but I don't really want recruits who are just coming here to play for a particular coach. I want to see kids come here who love the game of football and want to play regardless of who the coach is. I also don't care if they have 'stars' coming out of the ying yang. We've already seen that those recruits that have been 'labeled' don't always pan out. Give me a walk on with passion for the game who isn't carrying around a gigantic ego and I'll show you a player that can be molded to be a winner. We've seen that time and time again here at Nebraska.

Take your time Tom. We are behind you!

It's a fair question. I think Dr. Tom will take his time, will interview each candidate, prolly at least 5 to 7. I'm guessing it wont be until sometime in January.

Not a chance -- if Dr. Tom fires Callahan, he will have a new coach annouced within a week. I am pretty sure he has an idea of who he would want to talk to and the interviewing process will happen very quickly. We cannot go through a 6-8 week search for a coach again -- that is a bad sign and one of the things that got us Callahan last time.

Dr. Tom will have a plan -- unlike Pederson.

When he fires Billy C, I believe he'll name a new HC w/in 24 hours. I fullheartedly believe he has been talking to coaches behind the scenes. If he hasn't he's a dummy. :) Not really. However his hire would come swiftly so the recruits know right away who they'll be playing for and give the new HC an opportunity to talk and convince the new recruits to stay. I would be surprised if it was any longer than a max of 2 days. :) Most likely 24 hrs. :)

When he fires Billy C, I believe he'll name a new HC w/in 24 hours. I fullheartedly believe he has been talking to coaches behind the scenes. If he hasn't he's a dummy. :) Not really. However his hire would come swiftly so the recruits know right away who they'll be playing for and give the new HC an opportunity to talk and convince the new recruits to stay. I would be surprised if it was any longer than a max of 2 days. :) Most likely 24 hrs. :)

Whoever he hires wil probably be going to his own bowl game so that will slow down the process. He may have an agreement with the South Florida guy, for example, but it will not be announced until after USF completes their bowl game.

I really hope Callahan stays and Bo is hired as DC. No way that will happen but....

10 days, tops. If you are going to fire a coach, any AD worth anything will already have a short list, and have talked to the lists' agents, or had one of those consultants doing part of the leg work. The 40 days Pederson took was a joke. Assuming he is fired on Nov 24, I would be suprised if Dec 1 rolls around without an announcement made, the only thing I would think that would make it take longer is if he picks a guy(like Pelini) who has a conference championship game that weekend, and waits until the monday after.

I really dont think the 4 and 5 star recruits are whats important here. How many of our starters in 95 or 97 where recruited as 4/5 stars? TO knows if you have a coach that the players will put it all out for you dont need the stars. I really do not see any announcement coming before the last conference champ game is played. However we will hear something before the bowl games.

It's a fair question. I think Dr. Tom will take his time, will interview each candidate, prolly at least 5 to 7. I'm guessing it wont be until sometime in January.

Not a chance -- if Dr. Tom fires Callahan, he will have a new coach annouced within a week. I am pretty sure he has an idea of who he would want to talk to and the interviewing process will happen very quickly. We cannot go through a 6-8 week search for a coach again -- that is a bad sign and one of the things that got us Callahan last time.

Dr. Tom will have a plan -- unlike Pederson.

I agree he will have a plan. I would also like to find out a week later. But my guess was based on interviewing possible coaches that might be in a late Dec or early Jan bowl game. I wasnt sure of the ramifications of interviewing people during bowl games, or announcing a new hire while someone is still committed to a program with a game left. I think more than that, Dr. Tom would not want to cause a distraction for other teams, or steal the headlines.