How long will it take TO to hire

Maybe someone should come up with a new poll. What is more important: 1) getting a highly ranked recruiting class this year 2) losing most of the recruits therefore pretty much sacrificing one recruiting class but getting a good long term coach?

I see no reason why we cant get a good coach and save the class

Maybe someone should come up with a new poll. What is more important: 1) getting a highly ranked recruiting class this year 2) losing most of the recruits therefore pretty much sacrificing one recruiting class but getting a good long term coach?

Hopefully both will happen but if it comes down to it getting the great coach is more important. I think the announcement will be made in December during the Big XII championship game. ;)

And in fact, if you listen to what the recruits are saying that have not decommitted, getting a good coach (rather than just getting someone as fast as possible) will have a huge impact on whether or not we lose some of these players. The two things are not mutually exclusive, but rather I think getting the RIGHT coach will help us to keep the players who want to play for Nebraska.

Probably all of it will happen. Tom will privately agree to hire a guy but not make it public until after his respective bowl game. Seems resonable.

No parallel to the Pederson deal because of the circumstances. Remember, Pederson had the attitude he could get anyone he wanted but the reality of it was big named guys were turning down the offers to interview because he fired Frank after he went 9-3! Who wouldn't?!?! So this situation is different. There are many coaches out there who would like a crack at righting this ship. We are going to end up with a pretty good coach.

Probably all of it will happen. Tom will privately agree to hire a guy but not make it public until after his respective bowl game. Seems resonable.

No parallel to the Pederson deal because of the circumstances. Remember, Pederson had the attitude he could get anyone he wanted but the reality of it was big named guys were turning down the offers to interview because he fired Frank after he went 9-3! Who wouldn't?!?! So this situation is different. There are many coaches out there who would like a crack at righting this ship. We are going to end up with a pretty good coach.

Agreed. I dont see Tom "waiting" and "interviewing" after the fact. When the decisions to fire is announced, there will be either an announcment of who the head coach is or something said to the fact that the person is found, but that it cant be announced at the current time. Regarding the second paragraph, you can also add the fact that the new coach will get to work with/for one of the most revered men ever in college football.

When I started this topic, no where in the post was anything said that a quick hire meant a "hurried, not thought out" hire....... Absolutely, TO needs to find the best possible person out there, regardless of how long it takes....

My point, or question is that I hope TO is already evaluating and possibly (behind the scenes) putting a very short list together of guys whom he wants. As soon as he can "legally" talk to any of them, I hope he gets it done early...... the new coach needs time to recruit or "re-recruit" some of the talent that has decommitted.

I agree to a point that one bad recruiting year might not be as costly as it used to be..... With all of the young talent around the country, a program can win with Fresh/Soph (Florida for example last season).... but if you combine a bad recruiting class along with talent within the system that doesn't fit the scheme of a new coach, could be costly !!!!! Then agian, will Husker Nation have the patience to let the new coach survive?

I think they will, because I believe if BC had the nuts to fire Coz, Husker Nation would have been okay with keeping BC and seeing what happens.

Kinda off topic here but IMHO if a recruit changes his mind about coming here because of coaching staff issues thats fine.

I believe that if your not 110% behind the school the tradition and program you shouldnt be here to begin with.

Ill take the non ranked nobody recruits from in state that eat sleep and sh#t the husker way over a 5 star overhyped kid from another state any day.

After a conference championship or a season finally, don't most teams get about a week off as a break before getting back into the grove of things? That week would either come between Thanksgiving and the first weekend in December or the week immediately following the conference championships. That is when interviews and announcements will be made. I say we will know no later than Dec. 3rd. And the only way it goes into January is if the coach we are going to hire is a head coach in a late Dec. or January bowl. Pelini would be here before the bowl game because he knows how valuable recruiting is.

When I started this topic, no where in the post was anything said that a quick hire meant a "hurried, not thought out" hire....... Absolutely, TO needs to find the best possible person out there, regardless of how long it takes....

My point, or question is that I hope TO is already evaluating and possibly (behind the scenes) putting a very short list together of guys whom he wants. As soon as he can "legally" talk to any of them, I hope he gets it done early...... the new coach needs time to recruit or "re-recruit" some of the talent that has decommitted.

I agree to a point that one bad recruiting year might not be as costly as it used to be..... With all of the young talent around the country, a program can win with Fresh/Soph (Florida for example last season).... but if you combine a bad recruiting class along with talent within the system that doesn't fit the scheme of a new coach, could be costly !!!!! Then agian, will Husker Nation have the patience to let the new coach survive?

I think they will, because I believe if BC had the nuts to fire Coz, Husker Nation would have been okay with keeping BC and seeing what happens.

I think so. I thnk this is similar to someone buying a house or a car. I think he took some time to make sure he wants to replace the old car(I'm pretty sure he's seen enough) and now he is going to do a little research before he officially starts "test driving" it only makes sense. and thats why I think he slipped when he said the "new coaching staff" comment. he had not made up his mind, but i'm sure he has thought through the the options in his head numerous times.