A divided Husker Nation

Husker Nation has been divided for a while now, pretty much since Solich was fired. I'm wondering what happens after Callahan is fired and a new coach is hired. Obviously some of us will be happy, some of us unhappy, and other confused as to why so-and-so was hired. My hope is that regardless of who that coach might be, that we come together and be one big happy Husker Nation again. Do you think that will happen?

Good question. I think if whoever comes in to coach has a dynamic personality, fully embraces the Husker traditions and craziness and the team comes out, plays hard every play, every player, all games and the team starts winning, I definitely think it will start to happen sooner rather than later. The key component is winning, though.

I honestly do not want either of the two "hot" names (Gill or Pelini). I would like Johnson myself. BUT regardless I will support the coach, whoever it is, because I am so sick of this staff that's there right now that honestly any change will be a welcomed change at first. And I think this will be the attitude of a lot of a lot of husker fans. Just get Callahan out and go through a good searching process and make a hire that was thought out and the fans will support it!

The Solich firing did divide Husker Nation. However, Clownahan and Pud have done a pretty good job of bringing us all back together. Hiring TO as AD didn't hurt either. I think regardless of who the new coach is that we will all be behind them for a couple of seasons at least. I guess what you have to remember is that back in the mid 70's there were some wanting TO gone. The fans being completely behind a staff rarely lasts very long.

Husker Nation has been divided for a while now, pretty much since Solich was fired. I'm wondering what happens after Callahan is fired and a new coach is hired. Obviously some of us will be happy, some of us unhappy, and other confused as to why so-and-so was hired. My hope is that regardless of who that coach might be, that we come together and be one big happy Husker Nation again. Do you think that will happen?

I for one intend to give the new coach a chance, even if he is not one I wanted or knew of. Mainly because TO is the one doing the choosing, and I trust his judgement.

:bonez:bonez

:clap:clap:clap:corndance:corndance:corndance

If the team is well coached and the players respond with emotion and spirit, the fans will readily embrace the new coaching staff. It will help with a dynamic personable HC, but I never thought TO fit that mold. What the fans appreciated was TO's straight forward answers, his humility, his respect for tradition, his care for the players and lots of intangibles. An emotional, high energy coach is great for TV, but I think we are more interested in how the players act on the field than how the HC acts on the sidelines.

Moreover, I think the fans won't demand immediate 9 and 10 game winning seasons as long as they see progress.

Lets just say no one in their right mind will be posting that Callahan was'nt given a fair chance and should still be the Nebraska coach. If they do all sharp object should be removed from their immediate vicinity.