can you believe this??

I am I

Isn't Callahan the one who talked about a loss being "just one game"???

But if it's a good game, that's solid gold proof of your system, right Bill?

:sarcasm

How about this, Bill?

- Ganz was really sharp

- The receivers really went after the balls well and hung onto them.

- The O-line gave Ganz lots of time on most plays

- The running game was working too, so KSU had to try to defend that as well

- KSU really played poorly

- and oh yeah, your system seemed to work for once :thumbs

It's funny that last week I believe he said something to the effect that Ganz put us in a hole with the four interceptions. Well if it's good coaching when it goes well, then it's bad coaching when it goes bad. Don't blame the player for the bad game and then take the glory for the good game.. Apparently that development was in the last week.... What a loser... I am so friggin pissed. If by some freak of nature he coaches here next year I'm burning all my husker stuff and buying UNO tickets.

It's funny that last week I believe he said something to the effect that Ganz put us in a hole with the four interceptions. Well if it's good coaching when it goes well, then it's bad coaching when it goes bad. Don't blame the player for the bad game and then take the glory for the good game.. Apparently that development was in the last week.... What a loser... I am so friggin pissed. If by some freak of nature he coaches here next year I'm burning all my husker stuff and buying UNO tickets.

good point! cally is sooo good, he developed him in one week! just lik ehe developed the offensive line this season too.......i was excellent in all areas!.....remember??

Callahan: QBs have excelled in WCO

BY BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Nov 12, 2007 - 01:54:57 pm CST

Coming off a 73-point explosion, Husker football coach Bill Callahan was not shy about engaging in self-promotion during Monday’s Big 12 Coaches Teleconference.

Asked a question about the recent brilliance of junior quarterback Joe Ganz, Callahan said, "This is a player that we developed. You could see his development, it was all over the field on Saturday.

"And coming out of training camp, it was a tough decision ... at the time, when we named the starter, Sam (Keller) had the edge. But that competition, I believe, made them both better. And I think they’d tell you that."

On Saturday, Ganz threw for 510 yards and seven touchdowns in the 73-31 win over Kansas State. He’s now thrown for more than 900 yards in his two games as starter.

Ganz watched most of the first nine games from the sidelines, as Callahan chose in fall camp to give the starting nod instead to Keller, a senior transfer.

Though the team’s record was not up to Nebraska’s standards during those nine games, Keller was en route to some record numbers this season.

Of course, school passing records are easier to claim at a school like Nebraska where the running game was more prominent in past years.

Still, Callahan said Monday that people should take a close look at what three quarterbacks have done in his West Coast offense in the four years he’s been at Nebraska.

"I’d say this to you. We took a guy from the junior college and developed him into the conference player of the year, in Zac Taylor. We took a guy that transferred, in Sam Keller, that was on schedule and on pace to break every record," Callahan said. "And then we insert the third guy here ... that throws for seven touchdowns. I think that record won’t be broke around here for a long time ... I mean, that’s development, that’s coaching, that’s system."

The Huskers are now 12th in the country in pass offense, and 18th in total offense. In the last three games, Nebraska has averaged 544.3 yards a game and 45.6 points a game.

Those numbers are somewhat skewed by the 702 total yards and 73 points put up against Kansas State.

"Everybody’s very critical of myself about how our offense is too complicated, and it’s too pro-like, and it’s this and it’s that," Callahan said. "But the fact remains, the numbers don’t lie. And the performance of these players doesn’t lie. It’s there. It’s all out there ... Somewhere in there, there’s coaching, there’s development, there’s system. There’s some real positive things that aren’t being brought out."

It’s been easy to be critical of Callahan this year given Nebraska’s 5-6 record. If the Huskers don’t beat Colorado on Nov. 23, they will miss a bowl game for the second time in his four years as head coach.

While the Husker offense has had its moments, the defense has struggled all season, giving up 76 points in one game and more than 40 points in five games.

Callahan said a young defensive line has contributed to a lot of those problems, which he said could be rectified.

"It will be only a matter of time before it all connects."

Many think Callahan won’t be around to see it all connect. Rumors have swirled for weeks about the coach’s future.

According to a source close to Callahan, there has been no discussion with NU officials of a contract settlement at this point, and the source doesn’t anticipate such discussion occurring.

Callahan "enthusiastically looks forward to coaching against Colorado," the source said Sunday.

For his part, Callahan is still at least publicly sounding like a man who expects to be around for a bowl game, if Nebraska does beat Colorado.

Callahan is hopeful a 6-6 Nebraska team would receive a bowl bid and that the program would accept that bowl bid.

"That decision is not my decision. I think that decision is made by the higher-ups. I would hope they look at it favorably on our players," Callahan said. "It’s an opportunity to finish on a winning note."

I can see why he concerns himself with numbers and development and such, I even think he's got a point to it all. His offense, at times can look pretty damn unstoppable.

but this isn't some damn video game, where having 700 yds and having lots of 'fun' with X's and O's, all the while either losing or getting blown out is all that matters.

His play calling and his timing are pathetic. right when one thing starts working, he switches to another. he can't fire up his players and give them enough self-confidence to run it for 2 yards on 3rd down.

It really makes me think if he'd have fired Coz and maybe made a switch at QB during one of our numerous blowouts, he could have saved his job. Now, he has to defend himself with 'numbers don't lie.' Well, Billy C Wins and Loses don't lie either.

I couldn't read the hole thing. It just pissed me off. PhuckI HATE HIM :madash

What a A-HOLE

"I’d say this to you. We took a guy from the junior college and developed him into the conference player of the year, in Zac Taylor. We took a guy that transferred, in Sam Keller, that was on schedule and on pace to break every record," Callahan said. "And then we insert the third guy here ... that throws for seven touchdowns. I think that record won’t be broke around here for a long time ... I mean, that’s development, that’s coaching, that’s system."

there was a little more right after the bold part of the statement, which tells me at least, that he knows he's gone...

basically, saying that with a new coach and offense change there will be a lower chance of repeating last weekend...

my 2c

- The O-line gave Ganz lots of time on most plays

:yeah When Ganz was interviewed after the game did he say, "Yeah, I'm pretty much the sh!t; coach should have played me all season"? No! He said the big difference was that the O-line gave him a lot of time in the pocket. I'm glad that Callahan hasn't "developed" Ganz's attitude.

there was a little more right after the bold part of the statement, which tells me at least, that he knows he's gone...

basically, saying that with a new coach and offense change there will be a lower chance of repeating last weekend...

my 2c

That's how I read it too.

More importantly, I don't think that record of giving up 76 will be broken for a long time either, as long as Callahan and Cosgrove are out of here.

I dont think it mattered who coached on the sidelines Saturday the Huskers were going to win no matter what.. Those players played there hearts out and I dont think BC had anything to do with that.. Callahan knows he is done so some of you are right he is just taking his shots before he leaves town.. Look the idiot didnt even stay on the field with his team to sing in front of the student section.. No class idiot good bye

"Everybody’s very critical of myself...."

Actually, Bill, the only person that can be critical of yourself is you! It goes like this: others are critical of me, I am critical of myself. Sometimes I wonder if Cally went to the "George W. Bush School for Speakin' Real Good." But at least he's a word of his man, even if his words don't make sense.

"The Huskers are now 12th in the country in pass offense, and 18th in total offense. In the last three games, Nebraska has averaged 544.3 yards a game and 45.6 points a game."

To bad the majority of our yards (prior to KSU) came in garbage time against 3rd and 4th stringers.

i think the defense has given up just about the same numbers on the year.....rated 112th in total defense, right ahead of the Omaha School for the Blind!

Remember when we used to pretty much expect 70 in a game or two many seasons, rather than be shocked by it?

Jason Peter is now repeating stats on 1480 (I missed the first time he gave them) showing how many yards came in garbage time in most of these games. The majority of the yards vs USC, Missouri, and Okie State came on the last 4 drives, when the games were over and we were going against their subs.