can you believe this??

I am I

:rollin This guy is unbelievable. I dont know that he will ever realize his inability to adapt is what will ultimately cost him his job......and eventually his career. This guy is taking credit for something he was forced to do. Had Keller not been hurt we probably would have never seen this. I just find this incredibly funny at this point. At the beginning of the season i was happy, mid-season i was angry, now i just dont care and find everthing Callahan says hillarious. This guy should be a comedian. Had he canned Coz's ass and shown some sort of improvement without being forced to make changes due to injury, i would be willing to give him another chance..........Now, Callahan you can burn in hell, or on whatever beach your going to take your buyout and sip Mai Tai's on :steam

I don't think his comments were totally out of line. The guy has a right to defend himself. Sure, he gave all of the credit to his staff and his "system" in these quotes, but what is the true context of the quotes from the conference call? I'm guessing he began the call by praising the efforts of his players, and in particular the play of the seniors.

The guy is human. This season has been pretty disgraceful, and the shortcomings of the coaches and the players are obvious. Thankfully, though, whether or not this season's collapse is the stuff that merits mass firings of coaches is not our decision. NU lost its entire starting defensive line from last year. That's a tough position for any coach to be in. And how many offensive linemen have gone down this year? Furthermore, three of NU's losses came at the hands of top 10 teams. Another one was by a field goal to #17 Texas in Austin. This still doesn't excuse the piss poor efforts against Okie State, A&M, and Ball State, but I think everybody on this board has lost perspective during a very emotional and disappointing season. I know this isn't "Nebraska Football," yada yada whatever. I'm pissed about it too. I think he's probably the wrong guy for this job as well. But some of these knee-jerk reactions are just as "hilarious" as Callahan's coachspeak.

I think we have to acknowledge that there is a lot of unknown information that will factor into the decisions that Osborne makes over the next month or two. There have got to be better things to do than to constantly tear this guy down and question his character. Nobody here has been in his shoes before.

"I’d say this to you. We took a guy from the junior college and developed him into the conference player of the year, in Zac Taylor. We took a guy that transferred, in Sam Keller, that was on schedule and on pace to break every record," Callahan said. "And then we insert the third guy here ... that throws for seven touchdowns. I think that record won’t be broke around here for a long time ... I mean, that’s development, that’s coaching, that’s system."

:blink: Cuckoo Cuckoo

At this point he has to go. Even if we whip CU 100 to zero, he has to go. No matter what BC does he get crap, not wearing an NU shirt, he is secretly giving Husker Nation a slap. Dosent stand on the field after a win, did he ever? Who knows, its to the point if he said he likes chicken people will think its a slight against us because we are a beef state. Just pul the trigger leave the man alone and let him go with what little he has left....

I don't think his comments were totally out of line. The guy has a right to defend himself. Sure, he gave all of the credit to his staff and his "system" in these quotes, but what is the true context of the quotes from the conference call? I'm guessing he began the call by praising the efforts of his players, and in particular the play of the seniors.

Actually he didn't. When asked about how Ganz played he went into this diatribe about how great his system is and how much he coaches his players up.

This should not suprise anyone. He did the same thing at Oakland and he has done it ever since he has been here. When the team does well he pounds his chest and tells everyone how great he is but when they play like crap he says that the team "didn't execute or play with intensity." He needs to act like a man.

It's time for Bill to go.