Will Colorado come out with more to play for?

Multiple reasons point to Colorado having more to play for. While both teams are trying to make a bowl game, the accomplishment would be an improvement for CU. Win or lose this season was a disappointment for the 'skers.

However, if these players do care about this staff, they could come out with an "us against thew world" mentality. I personally think that the attitude of the team during the CU game should be used as a major judging point on whether or not Cally deserves to stay. If this team rallies around him it could be a turning point in the program. On the other side if Bill fails to fire up his team, on this arguably the most important game of his college career, I think the final nail in his coffin will have been driven. I right now am for Billy getting another year, but I feel like I will learn a lot watching this particular game.

If I had to predict I would say it doesn't matter either way. I think the decision on Bill has already been made. My prediction is Friday NU 31 CU 14 driven by an inspired effort. Saturday Bill is fired, Watson named interim head coach.

Whether or not Bill stays I really feel the program is moving in the right direction. Pederson was a bad apple, and tradition is important. Bill will embrace tradition if he stays, and if not you can bet your bottom dollar Dr. Tom will hire someone who values history.

Multiple reasons point to Colorado having more to play for. While both teams are trying to make a bowl game, the accomplishment would be an improvement for CU. Win or lose this season was a disappointment for the 'skers.

However, if these players do care about this staff, they could come out with an "us against thew world" mentality. I personally think that the attitude of the team during the CU game should be used as a major judging point on whether or not Cally deserves to stay. If this team rallies around him it could be a turning point in the program. On the other side if Bill fails to fire up his team, on this arguably the most important game of his college career, I think the final nail in his coffin will have been driven. I right now am for Billy getting another year, but I feel like I will learn a lot watching this particular game.

If I had to predict I would say it doesn't matter either way. I think the decision on Bill has already been made. My prediction is Friday NU 31 CU 14 driven by an inspired effort. Saturday Bill is fired, Watson named interim head coach.

Whether or not Bill stays I really feel the program is moving in the right direction. Pederson was a bad apple, and tradition is important. Bill will embrace tradition if he stays, and if not you can bet your bottom dollar Dr. Tom will hire someone who values history.

Bill has had 4 years to embrace the tradition, time is up. bring on the new guy.

I dont think this is the most important game of Cally's career because i believe the decision has already been made. I think the most important game of BC's career was the USC game and the few games after that. We got embarrased and this team never responded and just laid down. I cant wait till the game clock hits 00:00 on friday and about 2 seconds later we can all start partying when he is gone. As far as who has more to play for, i think it is about even. CU and NU are both looking for a bowl, it is a so called rivalry (more a media creation than anything), CU will be looking to improve from their dismal year last year, NU players could be playing with a lot of heart considering this will be Cally's last game. I dont really see either team having more to play for, both teams need this win as bad as the other.

Expect CU to do a lot of trick plays like we did to them last year in Lincoln.

I'll be pissed if we do, I want to come out and run it down your throat, then run it down your throat some more, and then if we start to think about something else, and then run it down some more........

I'll be pissed if we do, I want to come out and run it down your throat, then run it down your throat some more, and then if we start to think about something else, and then run it down some more........

Don't worry, Hawkins is a smart coach. He could coach circles around Clownahan. I'm sure he's been practicing very little else besides the power running game. This game comes down to talent versus coaching. NU has the talent, but CU has the coaching. Plus, it's very hard to play in the thin air up there. I guess a lot comes down to how much lingering pain is left for you guys after the heartbreaker against ISU also.

Don't worry, Hawkins is a smart coach. He could coach circles around Clownahan. I'm sure he's been practicing very little else besides the power running game. This game comes down to talent versus coaching. NU has the talent, but CU has the coaching. Plus, it's very hard to play in the thin air up there. I guess a lot comes down to how much lingering pain is left for you guys after the heartbreaker against ISU also.

true, a lot of average coaches have made cally and cos look silly this year, but most of the time, cally simply out coached himself with his fancy half time, come from behind adjustments. :thumbs

this should be "if they dare about themselves"

I think that the players gained a lot of confidence against KSU. If they can carry it over to Friday, the Huskers should win convincingly. If they get behind early though, watch out. I truly wouldn't be surprised with a blow-out going either way, depending on how the first 20 minutes or so go.

Hopefully he's been practicing his 1 second kicking drill too. Bwhahahahaha

ISU 31-CU 28!!!!