Brace yourselves big red nation for what I am about to say will make some of you very unhappy

After speaking with several former players who have spoken to TO regarding the head coaching position, there will be NO change. I was floored! The players said that osborne believes bill is a man of integrity and loyalty, and that this season was simply a fluke. A fluke? I think TO is a genius like all of husker nation. But r u serious?

And please I dont want to hear any of this "you just made that up crap" this is 100% accurate. I really wish it wasn't but the players i spoke to said that TO believed in second chances and that one poor season should not require a firing. However, they did say that there would be a couple of staff changes, assuming coz is quiting and that the D -line coach would be promoted to coordinator.

WHY!

sorry but I dont believe it for a second. well maybe for a second or two but logic sets in and I undertand that Cally has to be gone. For one we will lose half of this recruiting class and we will not be able to recruit next year because the recruits will see Callahan as a lame duck who might only be here for one or two years. Sorry but its in the best interest of all parties involved for a fresh start. I just dont see how Callahan can work with Tom after some of the things that Callahan has said and done. Its over, and I feel Callahan wants it to be over too. JMO

That's absolutley false. The players have been in constant contact with callahan and there are a few that he has had this conversation with because he respects their opinion's. I will not name the names of these select individuals, but I am 100% positive in their story. They shared TO's opinion because they know coach callahan and believe he is going to restore the program. How they come to that belief I have no idea.

Read the LJS Wally

The things that have been said are pure speculation. If you knew Bill you would know that he is not the type of individual to take shots at others behind their backs. He may not have brought our beloved huskers titles but he has been one of the most active coaches in the community ever to coach at Nebraska. Whether it be his fun run or his involvment in the Make a Wish foundation he is an honorable man. While he has failed as a coach, there is no reason for fans to make him seem like a bad man who tried to sabotage nebraska football. He did his best and apparently will keep doing his best for another couple years.

not many, if any are judging him as a person. I believe he may be a hell of man, I can't say because i don't know him personally. Being a helluva guy don't have anything to do with doing a lousy job being a head coach of a once HIGHLY successful program. Congrats on running a clean program and giving it your best, but it's time to move on and see what the next guy can do.

Osborne is not telling the players what he's going to do. Also, if he had already decided to keep Callahan he'd make it public to stop the constant questioning Billy C is receiving in regards to his future. Who knows, he may keep Callahan (doubtful), but he certainly hasn't shared that with anyone.

Brace yourselves big red nation for what I am about to say will make some of you very unhappy

After speaking with several former players who have spoken to TO regarding the head coaching position, there will be NO change. I was floored! The players said that osborne believes bill is a man of integrity and loyalty, and that this season was simply a fluke. A fluke? I think TO is a genius like all of husker nation. But r u serious?

And please I dont want to hear any of this "you just made that up crap" this is 100% accurate. I really wish it wasn't but the players i spoke to said that TO believed in second chances and that one poor season should not require a firing. However, they did say that there would be a couple of staff changes, assuming coz is quiting and that the D -line coach would be promoted to coordinator.

WHY!

This "rumor" makes the most sense of all. I have posted this scenario more than once in the past week. I think that if Callahan had anyone besides Osborne as his boss, he would be gone without a question. If this turns out to be untrue and Callahan is fired, then fine. I will support Callahan, and I will support a new coach if we get one. I just hope that whatever move Osborne makes, it ends up being the best move.