First for all u doubters, my sources are past players that played under Tom Osborne. NOT CURRENT PLAYERS. Osborne has not made a statment about retaining Callahan because he was not sure until recently based on whether or not he wanted to keep him. TO believes in the university of nebraska, he believes in building upon tradition he built. He belives that Callahan will get the job done. He also wants nebraska to maintain it's class, class that most of u have sadly forgotten. Its this class that had us regarded as the best fans in all of college football. That is why he will not give in to the pressure of fans, and do what he knows is right. In the press confrence saturday it will be confirmed that callahan will be given at least 2 more seasons. This is odd, but Osborne wants to let it be known that there is an expectation here at nebraska and if callahan doesnt produce than there will be another evaluation of the head coach. Presumably a more harsh one

While I do not agree with this assesment AT ALL. Thats what my sources told me.

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

Bill Busch will step down, this one shocks me becuase he has been a solid recruiter and coach but busch has lost all respect for the fans and is sick and tired of nebraska "living in the expectations from the 90's and not being realistic"

WOW

If this happens you can pretty much kiss Husker football as we know it good bye. Osborne's alleged decision will divide the fanbase to the point of collapse, and it will echoe dully across the empty spaces in Memorial Stadium for the next two season, and then perhaps forever.

I don't believe this rumor, but if it does come to pass it would make my physically ill. I love Nebraska football, and to see Callahan destroy it with the aid of Tom Osborne––the architect himself––would be intolerable. But, I'll wait until this Saturday to see what goes down.

I pray you're wrong.

X

First for all u doubters, my sources are past players that played under Tom Osborne. NOT CURRENT PLAYERS. Osborne has not made a statment about retaining Callahan because he was not sure until recently based on whether or not he wanted to keep him. TO believes in the university of nebraska, he believes in building upon tradition he built. He belives that Callahan will get the job done. He also wants nebraska to maintain it's class, class that most of u have sadly forgotten. Its this class that had us regarded as the best fans in all of college football. That is why he will not give in to the pressure of fans, and do what he knows is right. In the press confrence saturday it will be confirmed that callahan will be given at least 2 more seasons. This is odd, but Osborne wants to let it be known that there is an expectation here at nebraska and if callahan doesnt produce than there will be another evaluation of the head coach. Presumably a more harsh one

While I do not agree with this assesment AT ALL. Thats what my sources told me.

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

Bill Busch will step down, this one shocks me becuase he has been a solid recruiter and coach but busch has lost all respect for the fans and is sick and tired of nebraska "living in the expectations from the 90's and not being realistic"

WOW

Not gonna happen. Cally's gone.

If this happens you can pretty much kiss Husker football as we know it good bye. Osborne's alleged decision will divide the fanbase to the point of collapse, and it will echoe dully across the empty spaces in Memorial Stadium for the next two season, and then perhaps forever.

I don't believe this rumor, but if it does come to pass it would make my physically ill. I love Nebraska football, and to see Callahan destroy it with the aid of Tom Osborne––the architect himself––would be intolerable. But, I'll wait until this Saturday to see what goes down.

I pray you're wrong.

X

that's spot on, and the minor bickering we have been expriencing over what somewhere wears, who to hire, and what was said to Bill Snyder on the field four years ago in Lincoln, will pale in comparison to the polarization that will take place among the fan base.

insert ninja

Where are the names? Another rumor without names....

i understand your frustration here, but a lot of these things are pretty sensitive.. notice how whenever a story is broke on ANY news network for the most part, be it sports, national, world, etc. it is an ANONYMOUS source that has given all the information.. yet we believe it then..

Not at all the same thing.

News guys put their reputation on the line. Screw up more than once or twice and they're probably out of a job. We know who it is that's reporting the anonymous source and can usually trust that they've done some fact checking and actually have credible sources.

Maybe someone knows who gobigred911 but I have absolutely no idea, and zero faith that they even know any ex-players, or if they do maybe they're getting played by the ex-player.

Or maybe gobigred911 likes to feel important and makes up stories to see who he/she can get to believe it? I'm not taking any shots at this person, just saying that I have no reason to believe anything you say, or anyone else who gives us this "inside info".

There's a HUGE difference between who's reporting these things. Maybe someone here does have the real inside scoop, but with so many people reporting "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE REAL STORY", and they are all different, why would we take anyone seriously?

And think about it--why on earth would Osborne give ex-players the scoop when he is telling everyone nothing is decided?

Where are the names? Another rumor without names....

i understand your frustration here, but a lot of these things are pretty sensitive.. notice how whenever a story is broke on ANY news network for the most part, be it sports, national, world, etc. it is an ANONYMOUS source that has given all the information.. yet we believe it then..

Not at all the same thing.

News guys put their reputation on the line. Screw up more than once or twice and they're probably out of a job. We know who it is that's reporting the anonymous source and can usually trust that they've done some fact checking and actually have credible sources.

Maybe someone knows who gobigred911 but I have absolutely no idea, and zero faith that they even know any ex-players, or if they do maybe they're getting played by the ex-player.

Or maybe gobigred911 likes to feel important and makes up stories to see who he/she can get to believe it? I'm not taking any shots at this person, just saying that I have no reason to believe anything you say, or anyone else who gives us this "inside info".

There's a HUGE difference between who's reporting these things. Maybe someone here does have the real inside scoop, but with so many people reporting "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE REAL STORY", and they are all different, why would we take anyone seriously?

And think about it--why on earth would Osborne give ex-players the scoop when he is telling everyone nothing is decided?

you only believe it because its on tv.. or from someone "popular" or whatever you call it.. say that same news reporter came up to you on the street and told you this.. if you didnt recognize the person you would not believe them.. plain and simple.. so you do not know who these people are and who their sources are, and whether or not they have reasons to not give names.. for all we know these sources are putting their very jobs on the line by saying anything.. the point is, telling these people they are all bullsh#t unless they give you names of people is wrong.. dont be an :asshat and blow off everyone just becuase they don't meet your specific demands...

Bill Callahan does not want to work for or with Tom Osborne and has said this in front of more than one person. I will not identify the source because he works with the team, but he heard it first hand.

A few questions for those who think BC will be staying on...

Why would Osborne be holding a coaches meeting the day after the Colorado game if the coaches aren't going anywhere? What's the rush?

Why did Randy York need to qualify when this "end of season" meeting was going to take place?

If Osborne already knows Callahan is staying, why wouldn't he tell him now and avoid any more bleeding from the recruiting class?

I understand that you guys all want answers regarding how I know this, and who told me this information. I played under Tom osborne but was not a star by any means. Special team duties for 4 years. I still stay in contact with players from the team. We go to lunch when ever we can to catch up. Now I know a lot of u don't put any worth in what I'm writting, and that's fine. I'm not writting about this specualtion to be a big shot, rather I believe the biggest husker fans (the ones that blog every night) deserve the right to know what is going on in nebraska football. I will not give the identities of my friends because I do not wanted them targeted as players who passed on hush hush information.

I just feel like you guys deserve the right to know because we put nebraska football up there with breathing

Im taliking to my sources again tom, I'll see if they have anything else to report.

let me clarify that by saying he may have his sources i do not at all agree that bc will be back next year..

like nu#1 has said, and i have asked before also, why would TO not give him the vote of confidence like stoops has gotten in AZ? this would help build a recruiting class better and cause everyone not to question everything..

BC has made too many comments int he past about TO that he will not be able to live down..

however, the meeting the day after could be to give the coaches their evaluations, if this were to be true.. just like you get evaluations at your job, so do these coaches in theirs..