51 points and 610 yards of total offense

what does need to start clean mean? does he have hepatitis or something? i believe that it has been stated that Watson has developed a good or even a great relationship with TO and even though it's up to the next HC, he likes Watson and would recommend he stick around.

i wouldn't mind having a new offense, as long as it's Shotgun Spread and not Barney Cotton, but keeping Watson around helps the short term because of the transition that's gonna go down.

you all have to remember. it wasn't the offense that was terrible this year. in fact, the offense is what gave all the Cally supporters their only evidence to keep him.

isn't this kind of a GREAT reason to keep Watson around at least?

NO! They need to start clean! Let BO (hopefully) or whoever bring in his own assistants to help rebuild this trainwreck of a football program...

BS. We have some good coaches and I'd like to see some of them stay.

Ultimately it's up to the new head honcho as to weather or not assistants are retained. Sadly, most of the time they aren't.

isn't this kind of a GREAT reason to keep Watson around at least?

NO! They need to start clean! Let BO (hopefully) or whoever bring in his own assistants to help rebuild this trainwreck of a football program...

BS. We have some good coaches and I'd like to see some of them stay.

Ultimately it's up to the new head honcho as to weather or not assistants are retained. Sadly, most of the time they aren't.

Watson's got a good track record. As for the defensive staff, pffft. From top to bottom the worst defense I've ever seen fielded in the game of football.

X

I guess the 3 INT's turning into 21 points doesn't hinder the offense does it? Just like TO said in his press conference, it's the turnovers that have killed us this season. Yeah, the defense is bad. However, the offense made the defense look a lot worse than it really was this year. In 2002, it was the same. We were up by 11 at half, so yeah let's keep throwing the rock around until some bad things happen. When you pass the ball, 3 things are possible and 2 of them are bad. Good grief, run the ball and kill some clock.

I guess the 3 INT's turning into 21 points doesn't hinder the offense does it? Just like TO said in his press conference, it's the turnovers that have killed us this season. Yeah, the defense is bad. However, the offense made the defense look a lot worse than it really was this year. In 2002, it was the same. We were up by 11 at half, so yeah let's keep throwing the rock around until some bad things happen. When you pass the ball, 3 things are possible and 2 of them are bad. Good grief, run the ball and kill some clock.

Junior has it nailed. You can't blame it totally on the defense at Boulder. The offensive play calling in the second half absolutely stunk. The WHOLE tenor of the game changed with that first interception and run back. The Husker were staggered and CU was sky high. The next one, that gave CU the lead was the back breaker for NU. The defense that had played farily well in the first half, just didn't' show up again. And the offense, once again, shut down totally for the whole 3rd quarter and 11 minutes of the 4th quarter. IN short, the team was beaten mentally and it showed.

Now, all we can do is hope the new coach can figure out how to handle these kids on the mental side of the game.

I am not trying to play Monday morning QB, but that whole dink and dunk crap just won't cut it in the Big 12, just ask Mike Leach. Running the football, playaction passes, ball control is what wins the championship. If some of you recall, at times in the 90's when NU needed a big play, it was the playaction pass that killed some teams because they opposing defenses had to stack 9 in the box. We ran for almost 300 yards yesterday, yeah you had 600 total, but I believe that 1 yard of rushing almost equates to 2-3 yards of passing. Being able to run the football down people's throats in this conference is the key to success. If you disagree then join the Pac of Crap conference(aka Pac-10) :)

I am not trying to play Monday morning QB, but that whole dink and dunk crap just won't cut it in the Big 12, just ask Mike Leach. Running the football, playaction passes, ball control is what wins the championship. If some of you recall, at times in the 90's when NU needed a big play, it was the playaction pass that killed some teams because they opposing defenses had to stack 9 in the box. We ran for almost 300 yards yesterday, yeah you had 600 total, but I believe that 1 yard of rushing almost equates to 2-3 yards of passing. Being able to run the football down people's throats in this conference is the key to success. If you disagree then join the Pac of Crap conference(aka Pac-10) :)

Well I don't think Missouri was running the ball down people's throats in the Kansas game. Chase Daniels is one HECK of a QB. He'll be playing on Sundays if he stays for the next three years. Tigers are going to be the team to beat in the Big 12 North.

Kinda why I'm suprised Blaine Gabbert was looking at Mizzou??