Time To Ditch The Big 12 Title Game

"Well be prepared for West Virginia vs Ohio State in the NC."

I totally agree. It's not fair that all conf. don't have a champ game. So we get screwed since we do.

Mizzou, if they lose to OK, will be out. If the season was over, they'd be in the NC game.

Especially when you have a great conf., your teams get screwed by beating up each other and then play a pud team in a bowl game.

JMO :hmmph

Ummm Pitt plays in the Big East.............

which is also a BCS conference!!!!

yes and my point was that the Big East is a rather weak BCS conference, if the Big East is BCS worthy ten why not the WAC or the Mountain West?

Well you forget that the Big East used to have miami, virginia tech, boston college. Just because a conference is weak doesn't mean that a team from there isn't any good. the wac and the mountain west weren't included because at the time the MWC didn't exist and the WAC was a weak conference. Just that they haven't been included yet because of the big conferences. Not their fault. I think hawaii would love a shot at the NCG.

The Big 10 not having to play a conference championship game can also hurt them. They can get jumped b/c they were idle or too much time off can lead to a lack of focus when the NC game comes. I know it sucks that they can just sit back and wait to see what happens.

I am not sure if NU leaving the Big XII is the answer either. If they join the Little 11, they lose prime recruiting areas. NU will just have to get back to prominence again and then ask for changes....I doubt that will work either.

"Well be prepared for West Virginia vs Ohio State in the NC."

I totally agree. It's not fair that all conf. don't have a champ game. So we get screwed since we do.

Mizzou, if they lose to OK, will be out. If the season was over, they'd be in the NC game.

Especially when you have a great conf., your teams get screwed by beating up each other and then play a pud team in a bowl game.

JMO :hmmph

:yeah

• 2 weeks later...

I think Billdozer15 has a grweat idea. Make the PAC 10 and the Big Ten have a playoff game just like the other BCS conferences. Then, the winner of those playoff games enter the BCS bowl roundtable. That's one way of satisfying those (like myself) who believes the NCAA needs some sort of football playoff.

The Big Ten does have an conference championship game every year it's called Ohio St vs Michigan.

Until the BCS starts telling the Big 10 and Pac 10 that they will be deducted points for not playing title games, and it's starts to hurt them for contending for the NC, those conferences will never implement a conference championship game.

The Big 10 not having to play a conference championship game can also hurt them. They can get jumped b/c they were idle or too much time off can lead to a lack of focus when the NC game comes. I know it sucks that they can just sit back and wait to see what happens.

I am not sure if NU leaving the Big XII is the answer either. If they join the Little 11, they lose prime recruiting areas. NU will just have to get back to prominence again and then ask for changes....I doubt that will work either.

I think NU has it's best shot right where it is in the BigXII.

What would we gain by joining the Big10/11? Michigan and Ohio are a long, long ways from Lincoln and don't have the recruits Texas has anyway. We're really better off right now....the BigXII North is just waiting for NU to shrug off the Callahan abortion and rightfully claim it "our house" on a consistent annual basis.

Another solution to not having a title game is for everyone in the Big 12 to drop their non-conference schedule which will allow everyone to play everyone. If everyone plays everyone, there isn't a need for a title game. The BCS system is completely broken. The #1 team being Mizzou was an underdog and got completely handled by OU for the second time. Now, we have Ohio State who absolutely doesn't deserve to be in the NC game against LSU which really doesn't have any better claim to be there than OU or USC.

Another solution to not having a title game is for everyone in the Big 12 to drop their non-conference schedule which will allow everyone to play everyone. If everyone plays everyone, there isn't a need for a title game. The BCS system is completely broken. The #1 team being Mizzou was an underdog and got completely handled by OU for the second time. Now, we have Ohio State who absolutely doesn't deserve to be in the NC game against LSU which really doesn't have any better claim to be there than OU or USC.

Never going to happen since the Title game makes a lot money even for the teams that aren't in the game. Don't see AD's giving up all that money soon.

Why dosent the league(s) move their championship games past the BCS selection date? Is there a date that all conference games have to be completed by?

If not that would cure the BCS selection being skewed by the conference championship games.........

and it would warm a evil corner of my heart by fU&*()^ the BCS over.............

The conference championship game can only hurt if one of the Big XII teams playing is already sitting in the 1 or 2 spot, which happens maybe 30% of the time or so? If you're a team sitting outside those two spots, you love the CCG. Look at LSU, without that SEC CG they wouldn't be playing for a NC.

The conference championship game can only hurt if one of the Big XII teams playing is already sitting in the 1 or 2 spot, which happens maybe 30% of the time or so? If you're a team sitting outside those two spots, you love the CCG. Look at LSU, without that SEC CG they wouldn't be playing for a NC.

If your good enough to play for the National Championship then your good enough to win that game.

Why are you crying for a team that could'nt beat Oklahoma once this year? This conference title game almost got Nebraska in the NC game in 1999 by giving Nebraska another shot at beating Texas.