If TO picks Gill for HC.......

I will be gone. I may come around the board. But my supoort for the University will end the second he is announced. No more money, no more season tickets, no more anything as long as he walks the sidelines.

He does not represent what I want for the university, my family has supported for nearly 90 years. If we lower our standards to the likes of Bo Peep I want nothing to do with it.

My wife is a Nebraska/Missouri/USC fan. We will channel everything to Missouri and SC if it happens. I truly do not think there is a chance in Hell that that idiot will walk the halls of one of the most respected programs in the country. If he does, it has changed to all about winning at any cost. We will have hit the bottom of the barrel. Pelini look's up at Whale $hit.

I will be gone. I may come around the board. But my supoort for the University will end the second he is announced. No more money, no more season tickets, no more anything as long as he walks the sidelines.

He does not represent what I want for the university, my family has supported for nearly 90 years. If we lower our standards to the likes of Bo Peep I want nothing to do with it.

My wife is a Nebraska/Missouri/USC fan. We will channel everything to Missouri and SC if it happens. I truly do not think there is a chance in Hell that that idiot will walk the halls of one of the most respected programs in the country. If he does, it has changed to all about winning at any cost. We will have hit the bottom of the barrel. Pelini look's up at Whale $hit.

When Bo is announced, may I buy your season tickets? I could use another pair. Not my first choice, but I will unite behind the next coach regardless of who is named.

Unfortunately no. My cousin uses them and she will get them. I have already told her so.

But knowing Coach Osborne, I just do not think Pelini will get the job. Can you name one coach on his staff that conducts himself anything like Pelini. He will see the possible rifts before they get started. It just is not going to happen. IMHO

Well, as much as people think it will be Bo or TG, lets look at what Dr. Tom has talked about what he has said is important to him:

Experience

Gill - Already a coach. Has 2 years OTJ training. Any mistakes have already been made and learned elsewhere.

Pelini - has none. It's day one for him. Learning on the job.

Character

Gill - is a man of integrity and character.

Pelini - has a record of some misbehaving in his past. Has been on good behavior lately.

Walk On Program and instate recruiting

Gill - understands the importance first hand. You dont have to explain this to him.

Pelini - I'm sure he would agree just to agree, but no more than Callahan.

Excellence, Tradition, Winning, and Competing on the field

Gill - no doubt understand this

Pelini - no doubt understand this

X factor - who has it?

Gill - A former player? A close friend of Osborne? A dozen years spent with the program? Dream job?

Pelini - Fires up a defense like a cigar. A good motivator. Gets his team emotional hyper/ready. But what happens when emotion cools off? Can he manage everything about a program? If moderately successfull, is this a 5 year stint or longer?

I agree with what you say about TG. I have a very bad feeling that they are going to hire Turner and if so, I do not believe we are gaining a much better HC.

Yes, TG does know Nebraska football and tradition; however, he is not ready for this type of HC job. He needs to stick with Buffalo for a few more years before moving up to a high profile program.

This is only my opinion so please take it for what it is worth.

That seems to be repeated so much here..It's like the "Party Line".

So what would make him that much better in a few more years elsewhere?

If it takes a few years of growing pains (Like it did Tom)..Might as well be here..Our team's not doing anything for awhile...Think of the long term rewards.

And Skers?

Why all the Pelini hate?

I wouldn't expect you as a fan to try to influence T.O. in his decision via Message Board.

Can't believe if a guy like Grobe says yes, he wouldn't be hired over a Pelini or Gill. Look what he has done. I wouldn't want to be in TO's shoes if he has to tell Turner he is passing him over.

i get the sick feeling Turner and Pelini were the only 2 guys who really showed any interest.....if true that is a sad statement about Husker football, very sad. i would really like to know how many guys showed interest in the interview process.....then again, maybe i wouldn't want to know the truth either.

Can't believe if a guy like Grobe says yes, he wouldn't be hired over a Pelini or Gill. Look what he has done. I wouldn't want to be in TO's shoes if he has to tell Turner he is passing him over.

i get the sick feeling Turner and Pelini were the only 2 guys who really showed any interest.....if true that is a sad statement about Husker football, very sad. i would really like to know how many guys showed interest in the interview process.....then again, maybe i wouldn't want to know the truth either.

It's none of my business, but yah me too. I would like to know who the candidates were that have been reached out to. And if anybody called Osborne (or admin) to let him know he was interested. It's not need to know, but it's good to know.

It's none of my business, but yah me too. I would like to know who the candidates were that have been reached out to. And if anybody called Osborne (or admin) to let him know he was interested. It's not need to know, but it's good to know.

OK..

I'll admit it..I want the job!

Well, as much as people think it will be Bo or TG, lets look at what Dr. Tom has talked about what he has said is important to him:

Experience

Gill - Already a coach. Has 2 years OTJ training. Any mistakes have already been made and learned elsewhere.

Pelini - has none. It's day one for him. Learning on the job.

Character

Gill - is a man of integrity and character.

Pelini - has a record of some misbehaving in his past. Has been on good behavior lately.

Walk On Program and instate recruiting

Gill - understands the importance first hand. You dont have to explain this to him.

Pelini - I'm sure he would agree just to agree, but no more than Callahan.

Excellence, Tradition, Winning, and Competing on the field

Gill - no doubt understand this

Pelini - no doubt understand this

X factor - who has it?

Gill - A former player? A close friend of Osborne? A dozen years spent with the program? Dream job?

Pelini - Fires up a defense like a cigar. A good motivator. Gets his team emotional hyper/ready. But what happens when emotion cools off? Can he manage everything about a program? If moderately successfull, is this a 5 year stint or longer?

Experience:

Turner: Has two years under his belt and is turning the program around but needs to improve to a winning record. Has lots of experience coaching at Nebraska as a quarterback and receiver coach.

Pelini: Has zero experience but has been in the game for years. Has experience has a defensive back and linebacker coach in the NFL. He has five years of experience in college football for DC

Character:

Turner: Is a quite young fellow and has heart and passion for what he does.

Pelini: Gets way into the game but players will run through walls for this guy. Great Motivator

Walk-on program

Turner: Understands the importance and would bring it back if hired as HC

Pelini: Understands it as well and would bring it back if hired as HC

Excellence, Tradition, Winning, and Competing on the Field

Turner: He's improving at a weaker college but is improving. Will continue the tradition that he was to went through.

Pelini: Wins everywhere he goes and provides a well quality product on Defense. One of the best Defensive minded coaches ever. Forgets that he's the coach because he gets into the game. Will continue the Blackshirt Tradition as he once did at Lincoln.

X-Factor. Who has it?

Turner: Once a player and a assistant coach at Nebraska. He talks to TO about once a week and are the greatest friends. He's known TO for many many years. Slowy improving as Head Coach at Buffalo

Pelini: Will bring back the intensity and domination that our beloved huskers had in previous years. Proved to Husker Nation that he can win a bowl game as a head coach. Has had coached defenses ranked in the top 5 year after year. Is owing people every year.

I'm still wondering if we don't get a combo deal. Maybe the reason TO only wants to pay around a million is because he will have to pay it to two people? We could be the pioneers in co HC.

Now wouldn't that be something?? Co-HC's great idea but would both go for it? Both are unproven and would be co-running one of the most prestigous programs in the history of college football. Certainly better than HC at a MAC school and HC for a lesser D-1 school.

Scott