The Search is Over!

I think if it is Gill we need to temper our expectations quite a bit for the next several years. We may be in for an Osborne-like learning process.

I am totally cool with giving the next guy several years to get going, as long as the team is competing week in and week out. That's all I really want.

After being unhappy for so long, I would think anyone would at least wait and see what the next team looks like and plays like. Sheesh, I guess some people just like being depressed year round. :dunno

Like I said before, Turner Gill is my all time fav Husker, but that I thought that B. Kelly of Cinn was probably the best choice because of his record and his ties to an area, that we need to start getting our foot in the recruiting door more. Lets just wait and see and welcome him with a lot of support, I'm sure he knows what is expected of him.

GBR!!!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Turner Gill at Disneyland yeterday. That is why they postponed it indefinately. He is on vacation with his family

These are getting lamer than the actual rumors by a wide, wide margin.

Y'all do realize that If it is Gill. He will have TO watching over his shoulder and guiding him here for awhile...right. This will be ALMOST like having TO in there...IMHO.

No, TO has said numerous times that he would never look over a coach's shoulder like that. He doesn't believe in that kind of micro-management style of leadership. He was the same when he was in the government. But if Gill asks for help, then TO would probably be glad to help a bit if he has time.

Plus, if you look closely you can see Pelini folded over in TO's bag last night.

doc474b886110525764884248.jpg

I think if it is Gill we need to temper our expectations quite a bit for the next several years. We may be in for an Osborne-like learning process.

I am totally cool with giving the next guy several years to get going, as long as the team is competing week in and week out. That's all I really want.

:yeah

As long as the players go out there every week, and give 110%, which for Gill or Pelini, I think they would, I would be good with that, we may not go undeafeted, but at least we will be competative. Also Gill knows what we expect of our defense, and he can put an offense together, so I'm not concerened at all about Gill or Pelini.

Y'all do realize that If it is Gill. He will have TO watching over his shoulder and guiding him here for awhile...right. This will be ALMOST like having TO in there...IMHO.

No, TO has said numerous times that he would never look over a coach's shoulder like that. He doesn't believe in that kind of micro-management style of leadership. He was the same when he was in the government. But if Gill asks for help, then TO would probably be glad to help a bit if he has time.

Plus, if you look closely you can see Pelini folded over in TO's bag last night.

I don't mean in a "micro-management" fashion. You know they talk all the time now...right? TO will be available to mentor Gill...and Gill will take advantage...

I don't mean in a "micro-management" fashion. You know they talk all the time now...right? TO will be available to mentor Gill...and Gill will take advantage...

Yes, there's a huge difference between giving advice and running the team from afar. TO knows the difference, and will be helpful, not overbearing. :thumbs

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Turner Gill at Disneyland yeterday. That is why they postponed it indefinately. He is on vacation with his family

These are getting lamer than the actual rumors by a wide, wide margin.

:yeah

They boys just need a leader that they can believe in. Somone who knows how to motivate. Somone who knows how to make the game fun, while at the same time make them productive. These are Kids. We can not forget that. You can not run a college team like you do a Pro team. It is a bussiness, but the bottom line is not the most inportant thing in College football.

Callahan was not able to get his head around that concept, and that was his downfall. The boys play this game for the love of the game at the college level. Most of them are not going to go on. They need to know that everything they do is for Pride. When heart takes on a mind, Heart will win every time.

I WILL NOT be happy if it's Turner Gill!

Why? He'll do fine.

Because T.O.'s last homeboy hook-up didn't exactly go swimmingly.

That's a dumb reason.

I just think there are other head coaches out there that have proven themselves more than Turner Gill.

I'm also afraid of establishing a pattern. T.O. steps down, picks his long-time assistant to be coach "because he's a Husker." Long-time assistant coach gets fired and is replaced by a slick professional that ultimately fails "because he isn't a Husker." T.O. swoops in to save the day, hires Gill, and everyone is excited "because he's a Husker." Well, that might tug at the heartstrings right now, but we need a coach first, "Husker" second. Callahan's record here has less to do with not being a Husker and more to do with not being head coach material. Sure, the walk-on program is important, the program's history is inspirational, but 18 year old kids deciding on where to play don't care about that. They were 8 years old the last time Nebraska won a championship. Do you think he established much of a recruiting footprint being snowed-in up there in Buffalo?

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Sure, but the phrase "looking over his shoulder" is the exact phrase that TO used in his press conference in describing the kind of micro-management that he does not believe in, so you can see why I interpreted it that way. I agree that TO would have input, but he would have input because Gill would solicit it. That's the difference.