It was remarkable the way the Falcon players spoke about Petrino, calling him a quitter, challenging his manhood, etc. It was shameful the way he jumped ship on them. I am glad it wasn't Nebraska who lured him away...Arkansas will have a stigma attached to them on this whole incident as well. Their fans will never know when Petrino will do this again for a better job.

He does it pretty much every year of his head coaching career. Even though he hasn't taken a new job every year, it is confirmed that he has at least interviewed for a new job.

The grass is always greener.....

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

So right 'Dozer this guy has turned out to be a bigger Jerk than 'I'm not going to Alabama' Saban. Sometimes I have trouble with taking people at their word. The world I grfew up in "Your word was your bond and who you were. Lie once and you were a liar forever. Unfortunately this is not the rule today.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

But it still is the rule. Saban, Petrino, and the like have been, and are liars and SHOULD be treated that way. One can only hope Arkansas puts the biggest buy out in history on his contract...or if they were smart they would.

After seeing what Saban and Petrino have done, somewhat mocking the NFL, it's easy to see why the Steelers went the route they did with a young unproven HC over the likes of a Saban or Petrino. After seeing the amount of college coaches that struggle at the NFL level, it will be interesting to see if many franchises offer to college coaches from here on out.

Petrino is a good hire if he is looking to finally settle-down. Dude can definitely coach but has always been flirting with other jobs.

As far as the NFL goes I think you'll see fewer guys jumping there. The success-rate for college-guys isn't very high(though Saban was obviously better than his successor at Miami and Kiffin isn't doing bad considering what little he has to work with) and the money/prestige of being a college-coach has definitely increased. IMO fewer college-guys will be tempted and fewer NFL-teams will throw big-$$$ at a college-guy that may well not work-out.