Listening to 1620 right now.....

Combine this with the fact that Grobe is already making 1.5 million which is more than what TO wants to spend. I highly doubt Grobe would take a pay cut to come to Nebraska.

Just because Sipple wrote an article doesn't mean it is true. Bargain-shopping with the future of the program in the balance would be really stupid. They wouldn't be interviewing guys that already make nice money if they weren't prepared to spend. I'm not saying budget isn't an issue but I'd bet we are willing do dole out up to $2million per and a buyout if it will get a HC that is a proven winner.

Who said anything about Sipple? The point is that the huge buyout and salary would probably be an extra obstacle to hiring Grobe. I like Grobe and would love to have him as our guy, but the financial realities are something you have to consider whether you like it or not.

Screw Mark Richt isnt he the moron that sent his team on the field to celebrate a touchdown against Florida.... NO CLASS. Selfish. NOTHING TO would want here......REDIC

yeah, i agree, let's chastise the guy for one mistake.....it would have been OK, if he would have called them f'ing hillbillies or pulled a throat slash gesture....give me a break, dude!

Or cussed out a coaching legend for whipping your ass.

I must have missed that one. Who cussed out TO, Bobby Bowden, or Joe Pa.?

Because there are only 3 coaching legends. :nutz Tis what you get for playin ignant.

Anyone that is proven is going to cost us money.

I would rather spned the money now and get someone we really feel knows what he is doing in every aspect of the game, the job. Has done it and got the wins, the championships.'

We are Nebraska, we once had the best coach in the country, there is no reason we shouldn't again.

No more expirements. Get the best we can and move on. No shots in the dark.

Some on here have stated that Pelini is the head coach. No question. If he is we have short changed ourselves. I do not think Coach Osborne would say that no one has been offered if he hadn't. He is looking for the best he can get. If he truly felt Pelini was it, the deal would be done.

My guess is that in the next couple of days we will hear that Kelley, Johnson and possilby Reicht have been talked to. If we talk with those and the only thing that stops us is the money, we are admitting we are second rate. We can not afford a second rate coach again. We have had two, onother one and this program is done IMHO.

I would rather spned the money now and get someone we really feel knows what he is doing in every aspect of the game, the job. Has done it and got the wins, the championships.'

We are Nebraska, we once had the best coach in the country, there is no reason we shouldn't again.

Some on here have stated that Pelini is the head coach. No question. If he is we have short changed ourselves. I do not think Coach Osborne would say that no one has been offered if he hadn't. He is looking for the best he can get. If he truly felt Pelini was it, the deal would be done.

My guess is that in the next couple of days we will hear that Kelley, Johnson and possilby Reicht have been talked to. If we talk with those and the only thing that stops us is the money, we are admitting we are second rate. We can not afford a second rate coach again. We have had two, onother one and this program is done IMHO.

I don't think any of us would argue against spending whatever it takes to get the best coach, but it's easy to say when we're not the ones paying that money.

Please not Mark Richt! I already have to deal with that guy's b.s. now for my second favorite team. I would be thorougly dissapointed if he came to Nebraska. I don't even know how his southern, bible-belt/evangelical outcries would rub the husker nation

what exactly are you referring to? I'm not real familiar with richt. but keep in mind that TO, Gill and Ron brown were all very outspoken about their Christian beliefs when here, so I would think he would be fine here.

I've been a Pelini guy for a while, but Grobe is moving up my list.

1. Pelini

(2, or perhaps 1a). Grobe

3. Brian Kelly

4. Turner Gill (just bad timing for him - if this was happening in 2009, he'd be my guy)

I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell that Richt leaves Athens, and I'm not really excited about Paul Johnson.

Please not Mark Richt! I already have to deal with that guy's b.s. now for my second favorite team. I would be thorougly dissapointed if he came to Nebraska. I don't even know how his southern, bible-belt/evangelical outcries would rub the husker nation

what exactly are you referring to? I'm not real familiar with richt. but keep in mind that TO, Gill and Ron brown were all very outspoken about their Christian beliefs when here, so I would think he would be fine here.

Here's Mark Richt's bio. He would be my hands down #1 choice, though I doubt he'd leave Georgia for Nebraska. Other than his amazing record, he has recruiting ties to Florida and now Georgia and other parts of the south.

Here's Mark Richt's bio. He would be my hands down #1 choice, though I doubt he'd leave Georgia for Nebraska. Other than his amazing record, he has recruiting ties to Florida and now Georgia and other parts of the south.

I dont think that guy would come here..... but yeah, if he would, end of discussion. sorry bo, turner and everyone else.

Richt would definitely be my top choice, wiht Brian Kelly as my number 2 choice.

These coaching searches never cease to crack me up. Why would Mark Richt leave Georgia to come here? It's not like Cincinatti, or Wake Forest where their facilities are second rate, and it's almost impossible to recruit there, this is GEORGIA.

If I ever listened to those numbskulls on 1620, claiming Mark Richt was going to interview for the job would have convinced me to stop

Here's my take, what's been the problem all year for the Huskers? The defense. The Huskers offense is in good shape, and IMO opinion Nebraska needs a defensive minded HC to "right the ship" as it were.

And that would be Bo? :dunno

Well it's the "only" defensive coach mentioned so far. And I would'nt mind Pellini as HC. But as my first post in this thread stated I think that's where Nebraska needs to look to regain it's glory. But again just my opinion.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

GET THE BEST COACH!!

Not the best ex-NU guy.