As I stated my dislike for Pelini really has nothing to with his actions on the sidelines.

I stated the adminstration looks at the sideline incidents.

I have problems with his ethics, morals and loyalty.

I will not support him period.

But I do not think that will be a problem. He is not coming to Nebraska.

Wally,

I have friend that knows him personally. Says he is the youngest old guy around. Plays practical jokes on everyone. The fans and players love him.

They are very concerned about losing him.

I haven't talked to him since mid October, but they felt at the time he would be one of the first on the list supposedly.

We shall see in a few days I think.

skersfan,

I thought I read a post a week or so ago that you had changed your mind about accepting a Pelini hire after receiving some PM's from other members you respect.

Am I remembering that incorrectly?

I honestly believe Pelini will be the hire.

Wally,

I tried, but I just can not forget what I know. Too negative. To many things.

You have to live by your standards. He does not live up to what I require. Not that I am special by any means, just things that I was raised with growing up in Nebraska, and things the Marine Corps entrenched in me. It is the way I have lived my whole life. He is wrong, I can not over look it or forget it.

I have no problems with other following him. I just can not. I just get tired of hearing how wodnerful it will be when he is here.

Wally,

I tried, but I just can not forget what I know. Too negative. To many things.

You have to live by your standards. He does not live up to what I require. Not that I am special by any means, just things that I was raised with growing up in Nebraska, and things the Marine Corps entrenched in me. It is the way I have lived my whole life. He is wrong, I can not over look it or forget it.

I have no problems with other following him. I just can not. I just get tired of hearing how wodnerful it will be when he is here.

Well, keep an open mind. If your fears are valid, I'm sure Tom is aware of them and will make the right decision.

I thought it was cool that Joe Glenn flew the bird.

Glenn Mason???? I heard that rumor somewhere other than here and that scares me. was he fired cause his team gave up 6000 points in a bowl game that they were doominating at half time. When I think Minnesota I think about college hockey not football. I'd rather keep what we had then have him.

BTW- someone said something about Pelini can't control his emotions and his other half, etc. Yeah, every man should control his wife, keep her in the kitchen, y'know, 1950's style. My wife would give you one of these for that. :box

Can someone help me with Pelini being immoral and unethical. I here people say it and I must have missed something. Skersfan, can you help me out? I'm honestly asking. I don't know what the guy did wrong.

Here's the thing with Joe Glenn and pointing out that Utah's coach is #1. The reason Utah was perceived as running up the score which Glenn thought warranted the gesture was a result of a guarantee Glenn made in public. Glenn guaranteed a victory against Utah. Yeah, it definitely made bulletin board or locker room wall material for Utah. Yeah, of course they took the opportunity to score at will against Wyoming. Flipping the bird is one thing. I can overlook this incident. However, I cannot overlook the fact that he guaranteed a victory. No coach worth his salt would ever guarantee a victory. You don't hear Bob Stoops or Pete Carroll guarantee a victory over anyone. It was stupid, and I think TO will not give him an interview.

I would really rather not make any further comments on Coach Pelini.

There is enough information floating around on the threads. I am sure my continual chastizing him is growing thin on a bunch of people, no more so than how wonderful it would be with him is on me.

But looking at the poll some are starting to see the light.

I have a personal dislike for the man, that is enough for now.

I would really rather not make any further comments on Coach Pelini.

There is enough information floating around on the threads. I am sure my continual chastizing him is growing thin on a bunch of people, no more so than how wonderful it would be with him is on me.

But looking at the poll some are starting to see the light.

I have a personal dislike for the man, that is enough for now.

if Pelini is such trash, as you say, wouldn't you think TO would have avoided him and not even conducted an interview? i think you may be letting your personel opinions overshadow his worthiness as a candidate. apparently TO thought enough of him to conduct an interview, so i would think he has some acceptable level of ability, but then again, who knows?? maybe he needed to interview him to get to the number of 4 or 5?

Here's the thing with Joe Glenn and pointing out that Utah's coach is #1. The reason Utah was perceived as running up the score which Glenn thought warranted the gesture was a result of a guarantee Glenn made in public. Glenn guaranteed a victory against Utah. Yeah, it definitely made bulletin board or locker room wall material for Utah. Yeah, of course they took the opportunity to score at will against Wyoming. Flipping the bird is one thing. I can overlook this incident. However, I cannot overlook the fact that he guaranteed a victory. No coach worth his salt would ever guarantee a victory. You don't hear Bob Stoops or Pete Carroll guarantee a victory over anyone. It was stupid, and I think TO will not give him an interview.

agree, it was bush league, like the WAC.

I think Tom values our opinions. And most of Nebraska seemed to want Bo.

Bo is a very opinonated person. Very direct and to the point. Not many social skills. He is a football coach and has very little time for anything else.

He has had problems with interviews that the job required tact.

He feels he was ready to be a Head Coach at Nebraska 6 years ago. He is not happy about his situation is my guess. He feels slighted. But most of it supposedly comes from his bull headed attitude. Which is great for a DC.

I really liked the guy, I admired his fire and determination. I do not like what he did when he left. That is where I have my problems with him. It has nothing to do with the Snyder situation. It really has nothing to do with his coaching, or his records. It is him personally that I do not feel fits this program or university.

He has anger management problems. It appears he may have a better handle on them now, but we don't get the feedback we did when he was here.

Some on here say it is done deal. Pelini is the head coach next year. I say we shall see. I can imagine how the interview went, and would guess Tom left with Oh my God where did this guy come from. Two people could not be farther apart in personality. And yes Ihave met both of them. BC is the only coach I never got to meet.

I think Tom values our opinions. And most of Nebraska seemed to want Bo.

Bo is a very opinonated person. Very direct and to the point. Not many social skills. He is a football coach and has very little time for anything else.

He has had problems with interviews that the job required tact.

He feels he was ready to be a Head Coach at Nebraska 6 years ago. He is not happy about his situation is my guess. He feels slighted. But most of it supposedly comes from his bull headed attitude. Which is great for a DC.

I really liked the guy, I admired his fire and determination. I do not like what he did when he left. That is where I have my problems with him. It has nothing to do with the Snyder situation. It really has nothing to do with his coaching, or his records. It is him personally that I do not feel fits this program or university.

He has anger management problems. It appears he may have a better handle on them now, but we don't get the feedback we did when he was here.

Some on here say it is done deal. Pelini is the head coach next year. I say we shall see. I can imagine how the interview went, and would guess Tom left with Oh my God where did this guy come from. Two people could not be farther apart in personality. And yes Ihave met both of them. BC is the only coach I never got to meet.

skers, i like you man, you leave a lot of good, thoughtful posts here. this is not one of them. you are purely speculating about how Bo is now as a coach and when around the football field. i think we have all heard enough of this crap for now. it is obvious you have an axe to grind with Pelini. time to leave it be for awhile.

if he chaps your ass this much, write TO a letter, but don't expect anyone from a chat room to change his mind regarding his decision to hire or not to hire this guy! WE GOT IT! you don't like Pelini! :madash

I stated the same in the above post. I only responded to your post

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I think he is a pretty good coach. I stated that. I was on the Pelini bandwagon when he was here, I wanted him hired. I stated that my problems with him are not on the field problems.

I listen to a hundred Bogasams a day. I do not agree with them.

You don't agree with mine. That is the way life is.

Some feel he will bring this program back He might bring wins, but along with that he will bring embarassment for the program.

I have no problem with any of you wanting him here. I just state I will not support him in any way.

If he is hired as the head coach I am done.