for what its worth from ESPN.com

Also they stated that "Bo Pelini did not impress Tom Osbourne and that Turner Gill is the guy for the cornhuskers". Thats what i heard on 590 that they stated came from Espn.

Did they misspell Osborne on 590 too?

Jeez i did not realize there was a spelling contest here! I will try and self edit my posts a little better! :nutz

Yea watch out the world will end if you misspell something!!! Knapplc will think your a teenager and start having fantasies about you.. You have been warned!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Thats right long enough to have everything in place an wasent just starting out like Grobe would be... I dont see why you are defending something that will never happen in the first place.. He had a good year at Wake last year but hasent done much since or before that...

You obviously haven't done any research. Grobe took Ohio from a doormat to a pretty decent MAC team, and he built Wake, a private "basketball" school with no football tradition, one of the smallest schools in D1, into a ACC champion. He is a great coach, one that we would be very lucky to get.

Also they stated that "Bo Pelini did not impress Tom Osbourne and that Turner Gill is the guy for the cornhuskers". Thats what i heard on 590 that they stated came from Espn.

I wouldn't put TOO much emphasis on the interview. I've interviewed lots of people for positions and the one that interviews the best is RARELY the best candidate. So they have to careful here...make sure you look at RESULTS first, interview second. Pelini has results...he may not interview well...that doesn't necessarily disqualify him...IMHO.

55 to be exact so not 100, but older then all the other coachs that have been talked about. Plus he has a 10 year contract with Wake which you cant expect Neb to pay off.. Dont see it stop the crap!!

You don't have any idea how contracts work, do you? Nebraska wouldn't have to pay 10 years of his contract. I'd be willing to bet there is already a buy-out amount in the contract, and even if there weren't, they would negotiate one. Who would want a coach that resents his school for restricting him from going to another job?

I'm guessing NEHUSKERS is in his middle teens by the way he views things.

No wrong not close to teens sorry to disappoint you .. You most have a hard on for me or something cause I just gave my opinion an you cant stop talking about it.. Sorry dont swing that way...

You're a classy one aren't you. I think you just proved knapplc's point.

Ohhh no I misspelled some words ooooo the world is going to end now!!

I believe the point is that you appear to think anyone over 40 is old. Even when you found out he was 55, you still said that he wouldn't be around very long. At 55 you can easily have 15-20 years of coaching left in you. If you had said that you would prefer a younger coach because it would bring a fresh perspective, or he'll work hard to prove himself, etc.. that would be valid. But to say we shouldn't hire a 55 year old coach because he "wouldn't be around very long" is just plain absurd, and goes to show that you MUST be a teenager to have such a skewed world view. I'll admit, in highschool I would have thought 55 was fairly old for a coach, but.. now that I've grown up I realize that 55 really isn't that old.

Anyway, the spelling criticism is more to do with the fact that your grammar and spelling looks exactly like a 16 year old highschool kid posting on a Halo message board or something. And your immediate leap to calling people gay, is also indicative of a highschool male.

To sum it up, and reiterate another poster's comment.. if you are not a teenager, I feel sorry for you, as you appear to be the most immature non-teenager I've ever seen.

And to be clear, because my screen-name is "theKiD", I am in my mid-twenties ;)

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Can't think of a reason to think ESPN's insiders know any more than any one else.

I'm waiting for Ozzie to step in front of a podium and announce wo the new coach is. I think it will be some time next week after conference championship games.

Until then we can just keep grasping at straws and reading too much into every statement that is made by "a source that is very close to..."

...T_O_B

I cant speak for football, but their baseball "experts" are TERRIBLE.

Did they misspell Osborne on 590 too?

Jeez i did not realize there was a spelling contest here! I will try and self edit my posts a little better! :nutz

Yea watch out the world will end if you misspell something!!! Knapplc will think your a teenager and start having fantasies about you.. You have been warned!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Dude, stop. Intimating that someone would molest children is not funny. Not in the least. Knock it the F off.

Can't think of a reason to think ESPN's insiders know any more than any one else.

I'm waiting for Ozzie to step in front of a podium and announce wo the new coach is. I think it will be some time next week after conference championship games.

Until then we can just keep grasping at straws and reading too much into every statement that is made by "a source that is very close to..."

...T_O_B

Not me. I'm waiting for him to stand behind a lectern! You podium-waiters can cram it!