Finally some solid news

So my family have been boosters for a long, long time. I have three uncles on my mom’s side of the family and three more on my dad’s side, plus my folks are boosters and I am a booster, too. So that’s where this info is coming from.

I’ve stayed away from asking them if they know anything because I didn’t want to flood the board with baseless rumors, but that seems to be the name of the game, so here’s what they know.

Mom’s eldest brother says:

He lives in Omaha, and he goes to dinner at Johnny's Café every Wednesday. Last night he ran into the brother of Harvey Perlman’s secretary, who is also a big money donor. His first name is Al or Alvin, but I do not know his last name. Sorry about that.

Al told my uncle that Perlman and TO did meet with Pelini in Baton Rouge, and met with Grobe in Atlanta, plus they talked to Coach Gill sometime in the last few days, he thinks by phone. Perlman was also on the plane from Norfolk that had its flight data hidden, and that plane also went to Atlanta where they spoke to Paul Johnson. Apparently Johnson is the guy they want to hire, but they have to wait until after the Army/Navy game to announce it.

The scoop is that Pelini knows he’s going to be ousted from LSU because the fans are in uproar over the last several games, so he’s willing to take the DC job here to get out of that mess. Gill will NOT be hired in any capacity, just because he isn’t really ready yet. They want him to have more seasoning, I guess.

Expect a press conference Monday, December 3rd to announce Paul Johnson as HC, Pelini as DC, and Watson staying on as OC. No other current assistants will be kept.

So there you go.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Sounds good and I would be very happy with this situation but it still leaves Bo in a position where he's likely to make another move in 2 or 3 years and then the program is again in a state of flux. Part of Cally's problem was that the doors to the Assistant Coaches offices were revolving and he didn't have the ability to keep coaches in place for the long term.

I guess I'm just waiting until the news come straight out of Ozzie's mouth.

Not saying your sources aren't good, I'm just waitin'.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

So my family have been boosters for a long, long time. I have three uncles on my mom’s side of the family and three more on my dad’s side, plus my folks are boosters and I am a booster, too. So that’s where this info is coming from.

I’ve stayed away from asking them if they know anything because I didn’t want to flood the board with baseless rumors, but that seems to be the name of the game, so here’s what they know.

He lives in Omaha, and he goes to dinner at Johnny's Café every Wednesday. Last night he ran into the brother of Harvey Perlman’s secretary, who is also a big money donor. His first name is Al or Alvin, but I do not know his last name. Sorry about that.

Al told my uncle that Perlman and TO did meet with Pelini in Baton Rouge, and met with Grobe in Atlanta, plus they talked to Coach Gill sometime in the last few days, he thinks by phone. Perlman was also on the plane from Norfolk that had its flight data hidden, and that plane also went to Atlanta where they spoke to Paul Johnson. Apparently Johnson is the guy they want to hire, but they have to wait until after the Army/Navy game to announce it.

The scoop is that Pelini knows he’s going to be ousted from LSU because the fans are in uproar over the last several games, so he’s willing to take the DC job here to get out of that mess. Gill will NOT be hired in any capacity, just because he isn’t really ready yet. They want him to have more seasoning, I guess.

Expect a press conference Monday, December 3rd to announce Paul Johnson as HC, Pelini as DC, and Watson staying on as OC. No other current assistants will be kept.

So there you go.

So a Pelini Johnson combo... interesting. I still stand by my prediction of a Gill/Pelini combo... but no matter who is right, it seems that Bo is coming back and the D will eat, breath and spit fire once again! I feel sorry for the first opponent in 2008... there will be a strong message in that first game and it wont be one stated by the offense!

So there you go.

Alright, what have you done with knappic? Are you going to demand some kind of ransom? You'll never get away with this!

knapplc....... I have followed this board for many years, and very recently read almost all of your posts.....you seem to be one who questions sources and dispells (sp) rumors.....so I think that the fact that you are putting this out there proves that it MAY have some validity...... You are not know for "throwing" stuff around....and I appreciate the fact that you acknowledge this is still just a "rumor" but does come from boosters.....

AND..... If this turns out to be the case, I would be one big HAPPY HUSKER FAN !!!!! It would be awesome...

Paul Johnson has been the guy I wanted all along..... I have said that he would need to bring a solid d-coord. with him, and Bo fits the bill......I have also wanted NU to keep Watson aboard...he did good things at CU and I think he is a players coach....

If you are right....." I love you man"...(former Bud-light reference)

If you are wrong..... " I hope you get kicked in the jimmy"..... (not really)

Let's just say it's no fun being the bad guy all the time. I want to get along and play along, too.

I have more info from other family members, so I'll be posting that in a little bit too.

Might as well. People will rip you for posting any rumors, but that's what this room is for. I hate people who come into the "Rumors" room and blast people for posting rumors. :nutz

So there you go.

WOW just WOW ok maybe not WOW just wow. I forget who is this about? :)