Finally some solid news

So my family have been boosters for a long, long time. I have three uncles on my mom’s side of the family and three more on my dad’s side, plus my folks are boosters and I am a booster, too. So that’s where this info is coming from.

I’ve stayed away from asking them if they know anything because I didn’t want to flood the board with baseless rumors, but that seems to be the name of the game, so here’s what they know.

Mom’s eldest brother says:

He lives in Omaha, and he goes to dinner at Johnny's Café every Wednesday. Last night he ran into the brother of Harvey Perlman’s secretary, who is also a big money donor. His first name is Al or Alvin, but I do not know his last name. Sorry about that.

Al told my uncle that Perlman and TO did meet with Pelini in Baton Rouge, and met with Grobe in Atlanta, plus they talked to Coach Gill sometime in the last few days, he thinks by phone. Perlman was also on the plane from Norfolk that had its flight data hidden, and that plane also went to Atlanta where they spoke to Paul Johnson. Apparently Johnson is the guy they want to hire, but they have to wait until after the Army/Navy game to announce it.

The scoop is that Pelini knows he’s going to be ousted from LSU because the fans are in uproar over the last several games, so he’s willing to take the DC job here to get out of that mess. Gill will NOT be hired in any capacity, just because he isn’t really ready yet. They want him to have more seasoning, I guess.

Expect a press conference Monday, December 3rd to announce Paul Johnson as HC, Pelini as DC, and Watson staying on as OC. No other current assistants will be kept.

So there you go.

If this scenerio comes to pass, I'd be ok with it. We'll see next week I guess.

I have to believe this one. The more info I get the Paul Johnson hire makes sense. The Army-Navy game is huge and coaches never leave before that game. In the past they have always been fired or hired right after the game.

As for Pelini, he knows he is out after Les takes the Michigan job. He knows that he isnt being mentioned alot of HC at other places. He wants back at NE. It makes sense.

Also, my Magic 8-Ball says 'Yes-Definately' which is the most solid answer I have gotten from it all day.

So my family have been boosters for a long, long time. I have three uncles on my mom’s side of the family and three more on my dad’s side, plus my folks are boosters and I am a booster, too. So that’s where this info is coming from.

I’ve stayed away from asking them if they know anything because I didn’t want to flood the board with baseless rumors, but that seems to be the name of the game, so here’s what they know.

He lives in Omaha, and he goes to dinner at Johnny's Café every Wednesday. Last night he ran into the brother of Harvey Perlman’s secretary, who is also a big money donor. His first name is Al or Alvin, but I do not know his last name. Sorry about that.

Al told my uncle that Perlman and TO did meet with Pelini in Baton Rouge, and met with Grobe in Atlanta, plus they talked to Coach Gill sometime in the last few days, he thinks by phone. Perlman was also on the plane from Norfolk that had its flight data hidden, and that plane also went to Atlanta where they spoke to Paul Johnson. Apparently Johnson is the guy they want to hire, but they have to wait until after the Army/Navy game to announce it.

The scoop is that Pelini knows he’s going to be ousted from LSU because the fans are in uproar over the last several games, so he’s willing to take the DC job here to get out of that mess. Gill will NOT be hired in any capacity, just because he isn’t really ready yet. They want him to have more seasoning, I guess.

Expect a press conference Monday, December 3rd to announce Paul Johnson as HC, Pelini as DC, and Watson staying on as OC. No other current assistants will be kept.

So there you go.

So Paul Johnson has already spoken with Pelini and Watson about jobs? The AD doesn't hire staff only HC?

:thumbs

Of course I like the Johnson part but would prefer Kelley only due to recruiting.

But again why are we so excited over a person that is being fired for not getting the job done with far far better talent than we have. His history indicated he had problems when he faced a talented team, has never had the premier win against an opponent. He has two losses this year and gave 200 plus yards rushing to a lower level program.

Again I liked his fire and dedication, but his results at crunch time have been less than stellar.

I can support him as the DC. Not happy about it for my stated reasons, but is he really good enough or is there someone better, like the DC at VaTech, but I doubt he would take the lateral move.

I had heard he was losing his job after this season, but it is more to do with authority problems, The higher ups ( you guyus like that terminology I know) have a problem with him. Do we need a problem child in the system.

As long as he is not head coach I can deal with it.

Still hoping that this is not the final step, but it is doable.

knapplc, I could go for that. Although I don't think Johnson has had an interview yet. We have to wait for the Army-Navy game first. That would fit into the time frame Tom was talking about yesterday and may make more sense than just naming Pelini after the SEC CCG.

I have a close friend who is friends with Perlman and he has been very quiet lately. My friend wants Pelini for HC but when I ask him if Perlman has told him anything, he pretty much ignores me. I'll have to work on him a bit.

My friend did tell me to listen to the presser before PUD was fired. He claims he just put 2 and 2 together but I think he was told what was coming by Perlman.

So there you go.

Alright, what have you done with knappic? Are you going to demand some kind of ransom? You'll never get away with this!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

talk about something way out of left field but somehow still seems credible. i could see it happening but it all goes against the info that Bo and Gill are the top two candidates.

Written well, anything can seem credible. It's all in how the news is presented. :thumbs

Yes, I believed it all the way to the end, unlike your last rumor where I caught you on that slipup with the friend thing. :)