Did Bo "hint" at Watson?

Anybody know who was the lead in recruiting Jonas Gray?

If it was Watson, maybe we have a shot at getting him back in the mix if Watson stays.

No Gray waited for his offer from Notre Dame and when he got it he was gone. I really doubt what happened here had any effect on his decision.

By all accounts I've heard Watson is a good guy. By all accounts I've heard Watson is a good coordinator. By all accounts I've heard the players really respond well to Watson and like what he's about.

Where is the evidence against him? I haven't heard any, so if there is some, please share.

I haven't heard any evidence against him. I just hadn't heard alot of evidence in support of him.

My question came up because I didn't know how much influence he had on Callahan's offense, and the Colorado offense that he ran wasn't stellar.

secretasianman.....my response to your question wasn't directed to "you" in general.....I know that a few statements in the post were "strong" and opinionated...just wanted you to know that I wasn't directing them toward you....just in general....hope you didn't take it as if I was "attacking" your question or opinions.

There's nothing wrong with WCO.

Callahan won't be around, but we can work with it. Watson's here :)

it'll be fine, but can we add some wrinkles and please re-name the offensive scheme??? every time i hear 'WCO' associated with the Huskers, it makes me wanna puke!

prairie fire

thunderstorm

whatever...

secretasianman.....my response to your question wasn't directed to "you" in general.....I know that a few statements in the post were "strong" and opinionated...just wanted you to know that I wasn't directing them toward you....just in general....hope you didn't take it as if I was "attacking" your question or opinions.

I didn't feel that you were attacking my comments. I felt that you made some great points. I was unsure of why so many support Watson, and you brought up some good points.

If you listened carefully, and I know all of you did......did it catch your ear when he was speaking about the current team, and what type of offense he would run....... Bo's response was something to the form of " offensively, moving the ball really hasn't been much of a problem. Don't expect a drastic change with the offense, maybe a few new wrinkles, but not much."

The rumor about Watson has been there....does anyone try to read into this statement, and think that possibly Watson may get the chance to be OC...

I interpreted that the same way. IMO next year we'll see the WCSO -West Coast Spread Option. Ganz should do well with it.

Seems to me that TO wants to fix what was broken(the stuff Bo's hire addresses-defense, motivation, and embracing hard-nosed, husker football) while keeping what was working-the majority of what we were doing with the WCO. I think we'll see a more physical, college-ball oriented version of what we've been doing for the past four years.

Husker Trucker.... I sure hope so...... I would be very happy to have Watson on staff....plus, he keeps the "link" we have with some of the very high recruits.....as soon as Bo announces Watson is N...let's go get some of these guys back, or guys better than the one's we lost....

Or what if they hire Watson in order to keep some or a lot of the offensive recruits and if he doesn't work TG is in, thats my guess as to what they're thinking. Unless TG is at Wash State or somewhere.

Or could the OC be Rathman? Didn't IBR or someone speculate that a while back?

Scott