Did Bo "hint" at Watson?

If you listened carefully, and I know all of you did......did it catch your ear when he was speaking about the current team, and what type of offense he would run....... Bo's response was something to the form of " offensively, moving the ball really hasn't been much of a problem. Don't expect a drastic change with the offense, maybe a few new wrinkles, but not much."

The rumor about Watson has been there....does anyone try to read into this statement, and think that possibly Watson may get the chance to be OC...

If you listened carefully, and I know all of you did......did it catch your ear when he was speaking about the current team, and what type of offense he would run....... Bo's response was something to the form of " offensively, moving the ball really hasn't been much of a problem. Don't expect a drastic change with the offense, maybe a few new wrinkles, but not much."

The rumor about Watson has been there....does anyone try to read into this statement, and think that possibly Watson may get the chance to be OC...

I'd look for Watson to return. He is pretty versatile as an OC and a solid guy to have on staff. Bo would be smart to keep him to help bridge the gap from the last regime to this one.

Husker Trucker.... I sure hope so...... I would be very happy to have Watson on staff....plus, he keeps the "link" we have with some of the very high recruits.....as soon as Bo announces Watson is N...let's go get some of these guys back, or guys better than the one's we lost....

Husker Trucker.... I sure hope so...... I would be very happy to have Watson on staff....plus, he keeps the "link" we have with some of the very high recruits.....as soon as Bo announces Watson is N...let's go get some of these guys back, or guys better than the one's we lost....

I think he's exactly right. we didnt have problems scoring with ganz. why change that? I think we do need to run more. and I think bo intensity and changes in practice will get our line were they can block better.

I think he's exactly right. we didnt have problems scoring with ganz. why change that? I think we do need to run more. and I think bo intensity and changes in practice will get our line were they can block better.

In regard to the need to run more you have to remember that Watson was the OC of CU when they ran all over us in '01 so I think that we will definately run more with Callahan gone

Why is everybody so sold on Watson? It is unknown exactly how much influence Watson had on the offense. Callahan called the plays; other than 1 half against Texas A&M. We don't know how much influence Watson had on play selection, or how much of the gameplan was his influence. Yes, he was on the field for the final games-- but again, we don't know what influence that had.

With all of those unknowns-- where is the evidence that he is the man for offensive coordinator?

By all accounts I've heard Watson is a good guy. By all accounts I've heard Watson is a good coordinator. By all accounts I've heard the players really respond well to Watson and like what he's about.

Where is the evidence against him? I haven't heard any, so if there is some, please share.

Watson is an offensive guru, who I believed called most-if not all the plays under a very similar scheme during the years that CU was winning the Big 12 titles...... He has a good resume' and by watching him interact with the players, he is a player's coach......Plus, as mentioned, he helps build a gap between the tow era's.....and don't pull the garbage that the whole staff sucked and clean house bit.....anyone who knows kids, should understand that in time of change, these kids need a familar face to ease the transition....and, if that familar face is also a very qualified and proven coach like Watson....it is a win-win.

Has nothing to do with "how many" plays he called this year....