Offense

Does anyone have any opinions/knowledge what type of offense Bo will bring to the Huskers? Will he keep the WCO idea or go somewhere along the lines of what Urban Meyer is running? I think with the types of athletes he has, changing it more to the spread instead of strictly the WCO may help a lot.

Also, I wonder what the recruits are thinking? I hope Bo gets after the guys who signed, on the fence after what happened this season, and guys that will be even more interested now that he is here.

Share your thoughts.....

He indicated there wouldn't be any major changes. If Pelini keeps Watson as OC, I think our base offense would be a simplified variation of the WC, with an emphasis on smash mouth football. I have a feeling Pelini wants physical football on the offensive side, and Watson liked smash mouth football at CU. What you might see with a QB like Ganz are a few spead/option plays from the base offense.

I think it would far more resemble the offense we ran against Colorado than anything else in the past few years. The Bill Callahan offense was far too complicated for college, so look for that to be largely scrapped, with the result being a hybrid of a pared-down version of the WCO and the Spread, with elements of the Read Option thrown in.

There are some amazing offenses being run out there in college football right now, and ours isn't one of them. If nothing else, that will change.

I think it would far more resemble the offense we ran against Colorado than anything else in the past few years. The Bill Callahan offense was far too complicated for college, so look for that to be largely scrapped, with the result being a hybrid of a pared-down version of the WCO and the Spread, with elements of the Read Option thrown in.

agreed.

There is no need for that 12-word play call that caused probably all of our delay of game penalties.

As a defensive coordinator, I would assume that Bo has two criteria he will look at in developing the offense:

1. What is, in his opinion, the most difficult to defend?

2. What offense will aid the defense with ball control?

I look for some kind of spread-like attack with a strong empahsis on a tough running game as the base.

I believe he said of his offense "We don't take what the defense gives us. We take what we want"

as he stated in the interview....he siad there would be no wholesale changes, but maybe a few new wrinkles...multiple offense is what he desires.. one thing for sure, they need to get a running game..

If Watson stays, just go back and look at CU's offense....it was a simple version of the dreaded "WCO"...... I apologize for saying that. :)

they pounded the ball and also spread the field, rolled their qb, and ran afe routes....an interview with former Buff qb, and now announcer for CU (just had a brain cramp and can't spit out the name).....said that it was a great offense...... made a qb feel comfortable...

If you noticed, LSU ran approx. 10 true option plays in the SEC championship game....I don't believe it was a "triple option", but it was not shot-gun spread/read option either....... not saying that Bo would do that, but LSU did use it.....so maybe he brings a little of Les Miles' offense with him.....

Look for a lot less "motion" prior to the snap.... :bang