IMO, the boosters are the ones that put these stipulations on the new HC. I believe many of them are seeing the errors of their way from 4 years ago come back and bite them in the a$$. They brought TO back in as AD to do nothing more than correct a wrong of 4 years ago. The boosters wanted Clownahan gone, and they wanted Pud gone. There may not be anything to this, but this is what I believe. I mean seriously, IBR was getting his info. from a booster. A lot of what he said came to be. This smells of booster interferance to me.

IBR was right on ~50% of what he has said... And most of that coulda been guessed by 80% of people here.

Maybe is was not so much Dr. Tom telling Pelini who to hire as much as Pelini discussing the people he would look at for his staff. Maybe Pelini said, I liked working with Brown or Cotton or Gill or whoever and discussed how these people would work in his staff.

When Dr. Tom talked to Grobe, maybe he said here is my staff and Dr. Tom just asked about other coaches that might hasve ties to Nebraska in the past and Grobe did not know these guys or did not want to take that path.

I do no believe that Dr. Tom told Pelini who to hire, though he might have had some input based on Pelini asking for input. Grobe is not a bad guy for not having that mentality and he did not get the job...no harm and nothing against him.

After all, Brown did say that Pelini told him back in 03 that if he was the new Head coach he wanted Brown on his staff. Pelini is following through with things he talked about back then...I am excitied to see the changes and I truely hope this tunrs out good for Coach Pelini and the team. I believe it will.

Osborne tells the new coach guys he wants on staff, but gives Callahan no input as far as guys he should keep or let go. Something doesn't add up here. I think Osborne wanted Callahan to fall flat on his face so he could get rid of him, no questions asked.

IMO, the boosters are the ones that put these stipulations on the new HC. I believe many of them are seeing the errors of their way from 4 years ago come back and bite them in the a$$. They brought TO back in as AD to do nothing more than correct a wrong of 4 years ago. The boosters wanted Clownahan gone, and they wanted Pud gone. There may not be anything to this, but this is what I believe. I mean seriously, IBR was getting his info. from a booster. A lot of what he said came to be. This smells of booster interferance to me.

IBR was right on ~50% of what he has said... And most of that coulda been guessed by 80% of people here.

50% of the time, he's right every time.

I think the portion about Grobe is presented in a funny context. Chiefly, the word "scuttlebutt" is used. scuttlebutt means rumor. In that clip it is presented as fact.

Agree, and I think Grobe's salary requirements were a bigger problem than the fact that he wanted his own staff. Of course it can be spun however the two parties want...

or the fact that TO said he wanted a defensive minded person, and thats what Bo is. I dont buy the having to hire NU assistants. I dont see TO making abig deal over barney cotton and marvin sanders(esp considering both coached here 1 year)

I think the portion about Grobe is presented in a funny context. Chiefly, the word "scuttlebutt" is used. scuttlebutt means rumor. In that clip it is presented as fact.

Agree, and I think Grobe's salary requirements were a bigger problem than the fact that he wanted his own staff. Of course it can be spun however the two parties want...

or the fact that TO said he wanted a defensive minded person, and thats what Bo is. I dont buy the having to hire NU assistants. I dont see TO making abig deal over barney cotton and marvin sanders(esp considering both coached here 1 year)

Grobe is also a defensive minded coach so I don't think that reason carries much weight.

He stated Pud was to be fired. Check. He stated TO would be interim AD. Check. He stated the BOOSTERS wanted Pelini and he was their main focus. Check. I believe the boosters probably wanted something to happen after the Texas game. IMO, BC was asked time and time again to do the honorable thing and resign. He kept refusing, so TO had to fire him at seasons end. The World isn't perfect, and the boosters didn't get everything they wanted.

All I was implying is that of the personnel changes, most all came true with the exception of McBride being the interim. This really isn't a big deal because McBride wasn't going to be a part of the personnel change for the 2008 season. My comments weren't made to pat IBR on the back but rather point out that the boosters seem to be in charge of things happening right now.

Maybe is was not so much Dr. Tom telling Pelini who to hire as much as Pelini discussing the people he would look at for his staff. Maybe Pelini said, I liked working with Brown or Cotton or Gill or whoever and discussed how these people would work in his staff.

When Dr. Tom talked to Grobe, maybe he said here is my staff and Dr. Tom just asked about other coaches that might hasve ties to Nebraska in the past and Grobe did not know these guys or did not want to take that path.

I do no believe that Dr. Tom told Pelini who to hire, though he might have had some input based on Pelini asking for input. Grobe is not a bad guy for not having that mentality and he did not get the job...no harm and nothing against him.

After all, Brown did say that Pelini told him back in 03 that if he was the new Head coach he wanted Brown on his staff. Pelini is following through with things he talked about back then...I am excitied to see the changes and I truely hope this tunrs out good for Coach Pelini and the team. I believe it will.

Osborne tells the new coach guys he wants on staff, but gives Callahan no input as far as guys he should keep or let go. Something doesn't add up here. I think Osborne wanted Callahan to fall flat on his face so he could get rid of him, no questions asked.

Or it may have been that Osborne made some "suggestions," and Callahan reminded him that he wasn't the head football coach anymore. He didn't realize that Osborne has never given it up . . .

Grobe is also a defensive minded coach so I don't think that reason carries much weight.

He had problems stopping the juggernaut that was NU offense. The only other team that had a problem the next five games was Ball St.

Or it may have been that Osborne made some "suggestions," and Callahan reminded him that he wasn't the head football coach anymore. He didn't realize that Osborne has never given it up . . .

That's just speculation. Osborne stated that Callahan asked him if he was expected to fire any assistants and Osborne said, "Bill, You're the head coach, I am not going to tell you who you can and cannot have on your staff." Then you hear about Osborne wanting certain assistants to be hired by the new coach. He wouldn't give Callahan any feedback in the matter, but yet has all sorts of suggestions for the new guy? Something doesn't add up here.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10507458

• Scuttlebutt: Wake Forest's Jim Grobe dropped out of the running at Nebraska after being told he would have to hire certain assistant coaches. If a guy is going to make a career move like that, he ought to be able to hire his own staff. Bo Pelini, though, will hire several old Nebraska assistants.

If this is true it would appear that nobody other then Turner or Bo had any chance at this job. No experienced "non-Nebraska" coach would agree to that. That is just kind of odd that T.O. would make that demand on someone. I see the point of not having whole-sale changes and maybe having some people around that know what the Husker Nation is like.(I see where T.O. is coming from) However if you ask me to actually tell the guy being interviewed that he has to hire certain Assistant Coaches is kind of lame. :madash

I'm saying this is true because it was also reported in the OWH and the JournalStar they just didn't add the coaches names to it.

It also brings up that T.O. said he was going to take a backseat to the Coach, but wouldn't telling someone who they have to hire mean you are in control?

Also it seems like the DE/TE that just accepted the offer that T.O. extended to him would have been a perfect kid to have walk-on. I ask this why did it take so long for someone to finally offer this kid and why are we the only school that has done it? :dunno And why does T.O. get to extend offers now that we have a Head Coach? <_<

I just find these 2 things kind of odd and hopefully T.O. will now go back to just being the AD and let Bo do what he was hired to do.

Don't give me any crap for questioning T.O. :worship because at the end of the day he is just a man and his actions can be questioned. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

If that is true, then Pelini and Gill were probably the only candidates becuase almost no coach would agree to that. I'm glad that they are trying to keep it in the family, but that is certainly a little too much meddling.

he doesnt have a defensive record ANYTHING like pelini's. kevin cosgrove is a "defensive mind" TO wanted someone he know could turn around the D.

I can agree that TO wanted Clownahan and company to fall on their face. In fact, I don't just think TO wanted it but all the boosters wanted it as well. If Clownahan would have won out the remainder of the season, I think the boosters would have had egg all over their face and Clownahan would have been retained.

To me, the coaching search really seems like a 2 man show right now. However, I'm beginning to feel rather it was just a one man show with everyone hoping that one guy said yes. The boosters ponied up big bucks to get rid of Pud and Clownahan. I have no idea what they had to pony up to get Pelini. We shall see if their interference was a good thing or a bad thing. I will say though that I feel better having TO in the mix than if it were Pud.

I can agree that TO wanted Clownahan and company to fall on their face. In fact, I don't just think TO wanted it but all the boosters wanted it as well. If Clownahan would have won out the remainder of the season, I think the boosters would have had egg all over their face and Clownahan would have been retained.

To me, the coaching search really seems like a 2 man show right now. However, I'm beginning to feel rather it was just a one man show with everyone hoping that one guy said yes. The boosters ponied up big bucks to get rid of Pud and Clownahan. I have no idea what they had to pony up to get Pelini. We shall see if their interference was a good thing or a bad thing. I will say though that I feel better having TO in the mix than if it were Pud.

What do you think about the government cover up of UFOs?

How would the booster had egg all over there face? Do you think the boosters had something to do with Pud being fired? Please explain.

You must think less of T.O. then you think, if you got the impression that he wanted Callahan to fail, and he would be willing to dangle a string in front of Turner Gill, (a good friend) when he had no thought of considering him for the job.

My thoughts are that T.O. was offered the interim AD because he was the most logical at that point of the season.

Offered to help Callahan anyway he could and was turned down by an egotistical coach. Then even after the coach went out and tanked the next 3 games, T.O. was still willing to give him a chance. After seeing Callahan run up the score against Kansas ST, and the collapse of Colorado game, he decided he had no other choice, but to fire Callahan.

T.O. then went out and interviewed everyone that responded to the search committee that would be interested in coaching at Nebraska. T.O. then went and interviewed everyone with the thought in his mind they had to fit a certain criteria IE Defensive minded, Money issue. and Not cemented to bringing a whole staff to Nebraska (Which I agree, since then it would feel like a bunch of outsiders coming in and taking over your team) (Last thing Nebraska needs is coaching staff with a bunker type attitude coming in, and then having posters start complaining about certain assistants.)

After interviewing everyone he compared the list of who fit the criteria the most and chose Pelini. I know that's less intrigue and fun to think it came about this way, but most likely the way things came about.

I think after the events of this week, it's rather clear that Grobe wasn't seriously interested in leaving WF, but was just looking for a school to use as leverage to improve his situation there. Perhaps TO realized this and put a poison pill into the negotiations. It would be in Grobe's interests to appear to be the one withdrawing from consideration to preserve his leverage while looking for a different school to use (Arkansas).

We can read all kinds of stuff into people's actions on either side of the coaching search, but in the end all we're doing is speculating.