I highly doubt it's Ganz...

...Next year. Yeah, I understand that he showed great potential and I have nothing but respect for the kid because he has heart and is actually pretty damn mobile. He knows how to scramble.

However, I think that Lee is definitely going to win out. Callahan didn't always play the best guy, as was painfully obvious this season, but I think with Bo and this new staff, the guys who know how to play, will play (including freshman, hopefully). Lee is bigger, faster, and stronger than Ganz in every way. He can do everything that Ganz can do, including scrambling, and probably a little better, plus his arm is dynamite.

It sucks because Ganz has paid his dues to get where he's at, but I think it's going to be a competitive QB battle, but in the end, we're gonna be running our offense with Lee behind center.

Whether it's Ganz or Lee or Witt or whoever (just 11 letters in the top 3 names, huh), we can be certain whoever it is will be very good. Instead of having all guys with reputations and an untested senior, we know Ganz can put up some yards and points. If someone beats him out they will have to put on a real good showing. I like that better than wondering if we'd have to start whoever seemed to make the fewest mistakes while having some semblence of an arm.

My guess is Ganz will start.

...Next year. Yeah, I understand that he showed great potential and I have nothing but respect for the kid because he has heart and is actually pretty damn mobile. He knows how to scramble.

However, I think that Lee is definitely going to win out. Callahan didn't always play the best guy, as was painfully obvious this season, but I think with Bo and this new staff, the guys who know how to play, will play (including freshman, hopefully). Lee is bigger, faster, and stronger than Ganz in every way. He can do everything that Ganz can do, including scrambling, and probably a little better, plus his arm is dynamite.

It sucks because Ganz has paid his dues to get where he's at, but I think it's going to be a competitive QB battle, but in the end, we're gonna be running our offense with Lee behind center.

I think Joe provided a great spark to a badly struggling team. But he needs to really work on his throwing. Too many short or long or behind the receiver and too many interceptions - 7 over the last 3 games. But his mobility, should he get some good QB coaching, definitely gives him a shot. But, I haven't seen the other guys play...

How do you figure? Watson is staying and he know's that Ganz has the offense down to a T. Even if we don't run a "true WCO" some of it will still be there. No way Ganz is replaced unless he is beat out. Just because a QB is bigger, stronger, and faster doesn't automatically give him the starting job. It's the intangibles, smarts, and heart, that is what is needed to be a successful QB. Besides when was the last time Lee played college football at this level?

I think Joe provided a great spark to a badly struggling team. But he needs to really work on his throwing. Too many short or long or behind the receiver and too many interceptions - 7 over the last 3 games. But his mobility, should he get some good QB coaching, definitely gives him a shot. But, I haven't seen the other guys play...

No one has seen him play at this level. Ganz 1 Lee 0. :)

No, but we've seen him play in Juco, and he looks damn good. Good mobile QB who knows how to throw it.

No, but we've seen him play in Juco, and he looks damn good. Good mobile QB who knows how to throw it.

And he is somewhat fragile........

Incredible how Ganz will always been the "good, but not good enough" guy, and that someone has to be better. :blink:

He's the front runner. It's not even close.

I dont think the OC was wondering if someone on the bench would be doing better, at the time Ganz was moving the chains, throwing TDs, and putting tons of points on the board. I know I wasnt.

He is the reason there is a lot of confidence and optimism about this offense. Just toughen up the D. And that's why Bo was brought in.

I don't feel like Ganz is going to do much in the long run. Someone on here said it best: Gunslinger mentality without gunslinger ability. A lot like Joe Dailey with big numbers but a lot of interceptions.

Then there was the Kansas State game, so who knows. It's certainly something he could develop during the offseason, though.

Not to nitpick, but honestly, how could you possibly have confidence in Witt to do a good job when he's never even started a college game? Isn't he pretty slow too? All we've seen from him is some glimpses of adequate QB play in the spring game.

Just not sure if Witt would be ready.

First, I only mentioned Witt, didn't say he'd be starting. I imagine he'll be in the mix. I'll have confidence in whoever is named starter next year, because of where Ganz put the bar.