20 lb. playbook?

So, since Callahan is gone, how complicated do you guys think the offense will remain? Will Watson keep the 20 pound playbook or will he simplify it so that incoming freshman can pick it up right away and contribue their talents immediately?

I was so sick of not seeing players play until their junior or senior years all because it took them that long to learn the offense. There's no reason for the offense to be something that would take NASA a few months to decipher. I'm hoping that Watson can find a good middle ground that is easy to learn but still effective on the field.

So, since Callahan is gone, how complicated do you guys think the offense will remain? Will Watson keep the 20 pound playbook or will he simplify it so that incoming freshman can pick it up right away and contribue their talents immediately?

I was so sick of not seeing players play until their junior or senior years all because it took them that long to learn the offense. There's no reason for the offense to be something that would take NASA a few months to decipher. I'm hoping that Watson can find a good middle ground that is easy to learn but still effective on the field.

I thought in an interview that Pelini said he wanted to simplify everything for the players and get back to fundamentals and having fun.

I thought in an interview that Pelini said he wanted to simplify everything for the players and get back to fundamentals and having fun.

Did he say that?? That's awesome if he did, I don't recall ever hearing that, but if he did, good thing because I think the offense could've worked even if it was 80 times simpler.

Every time I hear "20 lb playbook" I laugh.

We hardly shifted AT ALL this year compared to previous years.

You laugh? Why? We've all heard from players about the playbook Callahan brought in, it's huge. Like an encyclopedia. I was using it more as a way to describe the intricacy of the type of offense we ran. It was too complicated and I hope it's dumbed down a little.