So what are your thoughts on Mo's comments

http://www.eurekareporter.com/ArticleDispl...ArticleID=31615

“It’s crazy out there,” Purify said. “They expect a lot. Every game there are 90,000 people there to watch you play, and thousands of fans line up after the games to get your autograph. But the only thing they care about is winning. That’s it.”

My thoughts are - you show me a major college program that accepts a 27-22 record over 4 years, and I'll show you a college program that never has and never will win a national championship.

What is the deal with these crap ass attitudes. There is a cancer on this team and I hope Bo sniffs it out, either that or maybe we have already gotten rid of it. Of course we expect you to win. We didnt become Nebraska by simply playing just over .500 ball. We didn't win 5 f'ing NC by whining, we did it by WINNING.

I still contend that it isn't about winning perse, it's about playing like you want to win. I remember reading articles about how certain losses felt like wins (because the Huskers played their best) and certain wins felt like losses in previous Callahan seasons.

It's not about winning, it's about how you play the game, and when the game is played like we expect they're going to win most of the time.

I find Mo's comments disgusting. It seems like there were a lot of players on the team this season who wanted fan love, but didn't want to have to play hard in return.

I can't imagine Pelini letting bad attitudes play. It will be a welcome change to know the players care as much as the fans, because I don't think that was the case this year.

My thoughts are - you show me a major college program that accepts a 27-22 record over 4 years, and I'll show you a college program that never has and never will win a national championship.

:yeah

I wish Mo had one more year of eligibility left. Bo would show him why we feel that way.

:yeah

I wish McKeon had a year left too.

I don't see why everyone is getting so upset. His comments were basically spot on. It is crazy at the games, and lots of people do show up. And the most important thing to every fan is winning. We expect and demand to win. It has been this way since the 70s. TO talked about the demand for winning at the press conference that announced Callahan's firing. He understands that is the way it is at Nebraska. We need not be ashamed that we want and demand excellence.

I'm guessing that Purify's comments were largely a result of frustration. I'm sure it can be a little irritating for fans to turn on you when you are not winning. Unfortunately a minority of fans take it too far, and I'm sure from his perspective, it is easy to lump all the fans who are demanding excellence into the same group of fans who are idiots.

I don't think he should be thrown under the bus for this...

it seems that callahan sold nebraska to these players with a line like "come play for nebraska, where you will be instantly worshiped by hundreds of thousands of rabid fans." all we got were "star recruits", who wanted to be big stars. when they realized they had to WORK for it, and that we arent stupid, the rosy colored glasses came off fast.

Yeah, everyone likes to win, Mo. Just wait 'til the pros.... More importantly, what this tells me is that B.C. had a soft team. Purify's comments indicate that Callahan really has no clue what Nebraskans value the most (i.e. "never-break" effort & determination). The poor effort shown in several ballgames proved that Cally's "it's just one game" influence on the team is apparent.

So where were "Big Mo's" words of support while Callahan was under fire? Nice of him to come out with them now that Callahan...and Mo....are gone.

He reminds me of the idiots that get drafted by the NFL (or NBA) and wait till they sign that big contract before they start shouting about how "the program shoveled illegal money to me while I was playing at State U."