So what are your thoughts on Mo's comments

I don't know where to start. The fact of the matter is every football team should play to "win". All fans expect to "win". Teams that consistently go 5-6, 8-4, 9-5, 5-7 don't have 90,000+ fans at every home game and 10,000+ at away games. Isn't that why they pick Nebraska? I am sure Mo didn't think that way on his visit and did the tunnel walk for him and his name in locker room. I am sure every major, traditional program has the must "win" attitude.

As far as his comments....these guys feel how they feel, but I bet we find a couple of thousand former Huskers that say they loved the feeling at Nebraska.

All fans expect to "win". Teams that consistently go 5-6, 8-4, 9-5, 5-7 don't have 90,000+ fans at every home game and 10,000+ at away games.

I'm guessing by "all fans" you mean fans that are used to it, right?

No, I would say "all fans". Even Duke football fans. And yes when you get used to it, it make it harder to accept losing. Maybe I am disillusioned but why would you be a fan of team that didn't want to win?

With all Mo has been through this season, it should be normal that football might be on the back burner.

His comments surprised me...we had his back when he was arrested twice and this is how he repays us?

You're kidding right now, right? He doesn't owe us a thing. YOU didn't have his back, and neither did any of us. The UNIVERSITY had his back.

correct, cally sucked him up from a juco, he was just looking for a place to play a couple years and couldn't give 2 sh#ts about the tradition here. cally didn't care either, he never got it so how could we expect the players to get it?

Are you kidding me? Coach Callahan didn't suck him up from anywhere. Everone was very excited for Maurice to come and play for Nebraska. Pretty evil to say he was just looking for a 'place to play'. We all wanted him here. You included, I'm sure. So now it is easy to thrown our players under the bus with the standard 'he didn't know the tradition, didn't care about the tradition' JHC give these kids a freakin break.

I'm not worried about this, for two simple reasons...

Callahan is gone, and so is Mo.

Mo will probably get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, to more than likely a crap ass NFL team, realize that the fans here were actually preparing him for what the NFL is going to be like.

I'll laugh my ass off, if he gets drafted by the Jets, and then has to hear 80,000 people screaming J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS at the top of their lungs...

To some extent, Purify was guilty of hyperbole. Winning isn't the only thing we care about, but it is the most important thing.

a loose quote from bob devaney from the Jet's book (seriously, it's a good read for a husker fan), "winning isn't everything, but nebraskans rank it up there pretty high along with oxygen."

What is up with Mo. Most people I know are frustrated that this coaching staff couldn't do more to get Purify the ball. I've haven't heard anyone complain about his ability. As far as I'm concerned, all the negative comments made by fans were directed at the old coaching staff and possibly a few defensive players that didn't play to there ability and gave up. I would live to have Mo's talent for another year, but if this cry baby attitude came with it, I say good luck in the NFL (I hope you don't go to the Eagles, they'll make your cry weekly)

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. I want you to come play for me."

Mo: "I'm really interested in playin' in the NFL coach."

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. I can help make you a player who will be drafted."

Mo: "That sounds great coach. I'll play for you if you are sure you cdan get me to the NFL."

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. I'm sure I can get you there. You just need to sign here."

Mo: "OK. If you are sure I'll sign."

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. I'm sure. Thanks for signing. I'll see you in the spring."

Mo: "Aaaaa...coach, where will you be seing me at?"

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. It will be at the University ofcourse."

Mo: "What University coach?"

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. At the University of aaa... aaa... oh yeah the University of aaa...Nebraska."

Mo: "Hadn't really thought about Nebraska coach. Are you real sure you can get me drafted?"

HCBC: "Mo, I'm a former NFL HC. I coached a team in the Super Bowl. I can get you drafted kid, even from

aaa... aaa... oh yeah the University of aaa...Nebraska."

Mo: "OK coach, see you in Ann Arbour."

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

His comments are not surprising considering who his coach was. Yes, winning is important here, as it is almost everywhere. If Mo and the other players want to blame the fans for their miserable season, so be it. However, what bothered me the most as a fan is how we lost. Repeatedly getting blown out by mediocre competition. The efforts of many players were less than expected. Play hard, and you'll reap the rewards Mo.

What we saw this season was a common theme of Nebraska coming out and getting out hustled, out coached, over and over. No halftime adjustments meant no additional efforts were required by the players. These guys saw the same kids playing no matter how pathetic their effort or execution was. Then after the game, the coach would talk about what a great job he did as a coach.

Of course, us fans are the problem. That's an easy excuse thrown out by a staff that is not doing its job.

"It was just the little things — players not making plays when we needed them."

I don't have a problem with what he said in and of it self. I do have a problem with the overall attitude that the coaches fostered. I think this quote summarizes that attitude.

I get the chance to go to a small town Husker Dinner about once a month. This is the same answer given by all of the coaches at these dinners. "Players play and coaches coach." "I coach them all week, but on Saturday they have to play." "We are just not making plays." "We are not executing" etc etc.

The insinuation being, as a coach - I've done all I can and I've done everything right, I can't help it if this particular group of players can't execute. That is one major frustration with the former coaches, they couldn't ever take any responsibility for the poor play. It was always a lack of "making plays." As if they had given the players everything needed to win.

Obviously they hadn't done everything they could as coaches, and obviously they couldn't realize it or admit it.