Why just because a writer at ESPN thinks he is a bad guy? I don't blame him one bit for leaving Atlanta. That organization is FUBAR'd and the owner pretty much has lost all control of that team (players wise).

Amen. I don't blame Petrino for getting out of Atlanta one bit. Ownership knows something is terribly wrong there, which is one of the reasons they allowed him to leave right away. That team is in shambles.

I don't blame him for leaving Atlanta, but I would never hire him. 14 moves in 15 seasons? Longest stint 4 years. Ummm no. It's funny, if you're applying for a job making $30k a year, and have had more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years, people won't hire you, yet if you're a coach making in the $2 mil. ballpark and have had 14 moves in 15 years, you get a job.

I don't blame him for leaving Atlanta, but I would never hire him. 14 moves in 15 seasons? Longest stint 4 years. Ummm no. It's funny, if you're applying for a job making $30k a year, and have had more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years, people won't hire you, yet if you're a coach making in the $2 mil. ballpark and have had 14 moves in 15 years, you get a job.

I do agree with you about moving around. We have to admit that he did do some great things while he was the HC at Lousiville though.

It is crazy how much he as moved around and has not shown one bit of loyalty to any team.....and still gets a huge contract. It just proves that as long as you win and light up the scoreboard, you can get a job anywhere. It is not the moving that gets me, it is the flat out lying about what he is doing. How can anyone take him serious??? Especially recruits!

If he for once would stick around at one place, the Hogs could do extremely well with him. Don't kid yourself. Pig sooey or not, Arkansas has had a rich history in football. The football progam had contended for the NC before. The Hogs with Frank Broyles(sp?) had some very strong teams. Don't some of you older posters rememeber the UT-AR game in 1969 that UT won 15-14? The teams were number 1 and 2, and that was one of the most famous games ever, up there with the NU-OU game in 1971.

But it is hard to trust the guy with his record of leaving so soon.

Why just because a writer at ESPN thinks he is a bad guy? I don't blame him one bit for leaving Atlanta. That organization is FUBAR'd and the owner pretty much has lost all control of that team (players wise).

That ESPN guy knows him, because he has been following his numerous moves. The reason they hired Petrino was to fix their FUBAR'd team. He knew they weren't the patriots. He made a commitment to the Falcons and didn't even complete the season. I'm not saying it was you, but when I said Bo shouldn't coach in the NC game, a lot of people said he needed to complete what he started. This clown is leaving mid-season and all of a sudden it's ok?

That ESPN guy knows him, because he has been following his numerous moves. The reason they hired Petrino was to fix their FUBAR'd team. He knew they weren't the patriots. He made a commitment to the Falcons and didn't even complete the season. I'm not saying it was you, but when I said Bo shouldn't coach in the NC game, a lot of people said he needed to complete what he started. This clown is leaving mid-season and all of a sudden it's ok?

do mind the shambles of the cardinals he left last year, disipline problems and the like, kragthorpe had what...6 or 7 kids he had to remove from the team due to violations that got swept under the rug under petrino's watch?