Who will be our Starting QB??

Armistead

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

195025cproofrev.jpg

So Adrian will start, but he's only gonna last for one quarter? :o

11 hours ago, admo said:

The drive is probably worth it. ;)

5e695a276ea3d.image.jpg?resize=400,225

Eh, debatable. In hindsight, I consider that incident the first sign that Solich was losing control of the team. May have won that battle, at the price of losing the war.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Toe said:

Eh, debatable. In hindsight, I consider that incident the first sign that Solich was losing control of the team. May have won that battle, at the price of losing the war.

I've often thought you could spin that another was as well.  

Glass half full: Solich was able to get him back on the team and it worked out well.

Glass half empty: Solich was trying to bench a future Heisman Trophy winner and it took that guy throwing a fit for Solich to figure out he screwed up.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've often thought you could spin that another was as well.  

Glass half full: Solich was able to get him back on the team and it worked out well.

Glass half empty: Solich was trying to bench a future Heisman Trophy winner and it took that guy throwing a fit for Solich to figure out he screwed up.

I still wonder if people are "mad" at Crouch for threatening to quit the team, and will always hold that against him.  Also, from what I have heard, Crouch going back to Omaha wasn't as severe as everyone made it out to be.  He was upset about being #2 out of pre-season camp, and he went to talk to Fred Petito.  Not only was Petito Crouch's high school coach, but Petito was a father-figure to Crouch (not sure how much Crouch's father was around in his childhood).  I would think that if my son were having issues at college, he would want to talk through things with me.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2020 College Football Quarterback Rankings: All 130 FBS starters

Whatever.  Space case article.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-quarterback-rankings-all-130-fbs-starters

45. PATRICK O’BRIEN, COLORADO STATE
85. TRISTAN GEBBIA, OREGON STATE
109. NOAH VEDRAL, RUTGERS
129. ADRIAN MARTINEZ, NEBRASKA

• Martinez had extremely lofty expectations for Nebraska entering 2019 — some had him as a Heisman candidate, and some called him the next up-and-coming star in college football. However, those presumptions were unrealistic, and Martinez verified that throughout the season. When in a clean pocket, which is one of the most stable metrics for a quarterback, Martinez produced a 55.3 passing grade, ranking 123rd of 130 FBS quarterbacks. His big-time throw rate was 130th among the same group. As said in the 2020 PFF College Magazine, Martinez just lacks the basic accuracy required for the position. There still is hope at quarterback for the Cornhuskers, but it’s with Luke McCaffrey. The dual-threat McCaffrey racked up nine 10-plus-yard gains on 24 carries while recording one big-time throw on 12 passes in 2019.

Anyway, B1G QB rankings .....

2. JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE
5. TANNER MORGAN, MINNESOTA
12. MICHAEL PENIX JR., INDIANA
14. PEYTON RAMSEY, NORTHWESTERN (grad transfer .... you remember last year performance?)
27. JACK COAN, WISCONSIN
54. SEAN CLIFFORD, PENN STATE
58. DYLAN MCCAFFREY, MICHIGAN (not anymore !)
59. JACK PLUMMER/AIDAN O’CONNELL, PURDUE
67. BRANDON PETERS, ILLINOIS
68. SPENCER PETRAS, IOWA
118. ROCKY LOMBARDI/THEO DAY, MICHIGAN STATE
127. JOSH JACKSON, MARYLAND