'08 Offensive and Defensive 2-Deep......

With all the "woe is me recruiting talk," I thought I would point out how our recruiting losses this season will not effect the '08 season. The future of NU's recruiting will be contingent upon our '08 season and beyond. if we win next season, the recruiting will take care of itself. Our '08 class will mean very little on the field.

QB- Ganz, Lee or Witt - fine here

RB- Lucky (if he stays), Castille, Helu, Glenn, Wilson, Mendoza - fine here

LT- Burkes

RT- Murtha

LG- Slauson, Huff

RG- Hickman or Huff

C- Christensen, Hickman, Henry

O-line is fine!!

TE- Teafatiller, Young, Hetzer

WR, Swift, Peterson, Holt, Paul, Gillelyen, Henry

DE- Potter, Allen

DT- Dixon, Moore

NG- Suh, Barfield

DE- Kuli( if he signs)(turner)

OLB- Larry Asante- I believe Pelini will move him to his natural position, Stafford

ILB- Dillard, Covey

OLB- Lawrence, Washington

CB- Anthony Blue (Future All-big 12), West

CB- Armando Murillo, Shawn Sullivan

SS- Thenarse, Amukamara

FS, Major Culbert, Hagg

My point is the only position that will be effected by the '08 recruiting class is D-End. I think Simi Kuli could come in and start. Other than that, our recruits will make very little difference in '08.

That means, the real recruiting heats up for '09. Our results on the field or perceived improvement will greatly effect the '09 class. If Simi goes elsewhere, that's reason to fret. Otherwise, the '08 class won't be that bad overall. We were much worse off in '04.

With all the "woe is me recruiting talk," I thought I would point out how our recruiting losses this season will not effect the '08 season. The future of NU's recruiting will be contingent upon our '08 season and beyond. if we win next season, the recruiting will take care of itself. Our '08 class will mean very little on the field.

I agree that we were worse off in 2004, but the fall out isn't over yet either. It will not impact 2008, but it will impact the future if this class completely falls apart. Championships aren't won on Signing Day, but we can't lose the meat of this class and not expect for there to be some challenges.

I agree that we were worse off in 2004, but the fall out isn't over yet either. It will not impact 2008, but it will impact the future if this class completely falls apart. Championships aren't won on Signing Day, but we can't lose the meat of this class and not expect for there to be some challenges.

I understand the reality of recruiting and how it's an investment for the future. My point is it's not as bad as some of you are acting. Secondly, it's unfair to criticize Pelini and his staff because some of the current commits have bailed after meeting those guys. How do we know what Callahan told those guys?

What hurts is that if you think about what BC sold and what is being sold now they aren't congruent. These commits weren't sold on the tradition of hard-nosed Nebraska-football. They were sold on BC's "I'll get you to the NFL" snake-oil.

The staff should do better closing on kids they've built a relationship with and who buy into what they are selling.

Hopefully LSU's D stones the buckeyes. That could give us a nice boost going down the home-stretch. At-least on the defensive-side of the ball.

LT- Burkes

RT- Murtha

LG- Slauson, Huff

RG- Hickman or Huff

O-line is fine!!

DE- Potter, Allen

DT- Dixon, Moore

NG- Suh, Barfield

OLB- Larry Asante- I believe Pelini will move him to his natural position, Stafford

ILB- Dillard, Covey

SS- Thenarse, Amukamara

FS, Major Culbert, Hagg

My point is the only position that will be effected by the '08 recruiting class is D-End. I think Simi Kuli could come in and start. Other than that, our recruits will make very little difference in '08.

That means, the real recruiting heats up for '09. Our results on the field or perceived improvement will greatly effect the '09 class. If Simi goes elsewhere, that's reason to fret. Otherwise, the '08 class won't be that bad overall. We were much worse off in '04.

LT- Burkes

RT- Murtha

LG- Slauson, Huff

RG- Hickman or Huff

O-line is fine!!

DE- Potter, Allen

DT- Dixon, Moore

NG- Suh, Barfield

ILB- Dillard, Covey

SS- Thenarse, Amukamara

FS, Major Culbert, Hagg

I think your offensive back field is clearly the strength of this team next year, with or without Lucky. I think you will have an outstanding backfield either way. O-Line looks solid, and really had some success this year.

The D-line was your big question mark going into last year, and unfortunately the answer wasn't very good. The entire defense will need a major overhaul. Those guys will have to quickly get over being shell shocked this season.

Good luck next year.

LT- Burkes

RT- Murtha

LG- Slauson, Huff

RG- Hickman or Huff

O-line is fine!!

DE- Potter, Allen

DT- Dixon, Moore

NG- Suh, Barfield

ILB- Dillard, Covey

SS- Thenarse, Amukamara

FS, Major Culbert, Hagg

I think your offensive back field is clearly the strength of this team next year, with or without Lucky. I think you will have an outstanding backfield either way. O-Line looks solid, and really had some success this year.

The D-line was your big question mark going into last year, and unfortunately the answer wasn't very good. The entire defense will need a major overhaul. Those guys will have to quickly get over being shell shocked this season.

Good luck next year.

Agreed, the defense will have A LOT to prove this next year. All the guys listed will need to step up in a major way. I don't think anyone listed really impressed this year, especially the D-line. We'll see if Pelini can get these guys to play motivated, in the right positions to make plays, and prove we truely had talent on D in 07. I'm still tennative to assume a complete turn around with the defense, was Potter the only one with the "well I didn't really try very hard until I knew I would start" mentality. That kind of attitude isn't something I want on the team and isn't always something coaches can change.