Get some CLASS !!!

HANC

Damn, I am as upset as anyone out there that these HIGH SCHOOL KIDS, yes 17 year old boys are changing their mind, but for pete's sake (whoever pete is :) ), can some of you guys show some damn class. Verbally assaulting these guys and calling them out or calling them names, and using profanity towards them, or wishing them bad luck...........C'mon, I expected more from some of you "self-proclaimed" best fans in football......

What if YOUR son, someday has to chose a college, then switches his mind.....or what happens when a guy who committed to WV decides to come to NU....then is he the same "two-faced", "back-stabber", as the guys who decommit from NU?

Carl Pelini said yesterday that some of these boards could hold some of the blame for losing recruits....We all know that HS kids spend a ton of their time on the web, and continually read sights like this..... Man, if I read how some of you treat our "decommits", it would really "open my eyes" to a whole different perspective of Nebraska.......think about it...

I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be....I screw up more in one hour than most people do in a day....so don't tell me to get over myself......that isn't it at all...

Just asking people to act with the class of the AD that most all of you worship.......take a lead from a "role model"..... TO didn't get his respect by lashing out at HS boys, like some on this board......

Yes, I am pissed as hell when guys leave, but that doesn't mean we have to hammer them..

PS - I understand and appreciate that when you look, you will see probably OVER 60% of the posts are positive and wish the athletes well.........THAT IS THE CLASS WE ARE KNOWN FOR....KEEP IT UP....

I have always thought if a kid didn't know for sure if he wanted to play for Neb, than good luck and move on.

Show them what you have to offer and if they don't want to play for you so be it. I want kids who want to be "N". You shouldn't have to promise them playing time or will only recruit them for that position in that recruiting class. That doesn't work. There are still a lot of good football players out there that still want to play for Nebraska, and the better the team does over the next few years, will only make it easier because of the tradition of Husker football. Name calling is "bush league".

GBR!!!

I agree.....this "oh well he wasn't that great anyways" attitude is NUTS! Some seem to forget that we are coming off of a 5-7 season with a coaching staff that is UNPROVEN! As far as recruiting goes I think the bleeding has finally stopped and I look for a few "out of left field" commits but it's truly not the end of the world! sh#t happens and we just need to ride this out.

I just don't understand why some of the kids would leave when we finally got rid of the sh**ty staff and just got a new crew built capable of driving us on the road back to dominance.

I guess they really enjoyed sucking.

Good lord...I had to choose between a couple of colleges. They were all fine places and all would have been good choices. I picked College A, then something else came along, so after deciding a bit I "decommitted" and went to College B. Good thing I don't have a bunch of College A nuts yelling and talking trash about me because I didn't go to their school. And it's not like I hate College A: you only get to go to one college, so I had to make a choice.

Granted, I'm not a recruited athlete, but come on. There are lots of factors that go in a kid deciding to go to a school. There are lots of good schools to go to. Accept it, and move on.

I just don't understand why some of the kids would leave when we finally got rid of the sh**ty staff and just got a new crew built capable of driving us on the road back to dominance.

I guess they really enjoyed sucking.

I'm not sure winning and losing even comes into the equation. There's a good chance most of these guys would still be committed if the Huskers coaching staff was in tact after finishing 5-7. Callahan was either really good at establishing a relationship or really good at telling kids what they wanted to hear.

When you look back at the Harrison Beck and Leon Jackson situations, I'm guessing he made some false promises along the way.

The other thing he did,which may have backfired on Nebraska, is used committed recruits to build relationships with each other. These guys became close. Gabbert was probably the glue which held everything together. When you're widely considered the #1 QB recruit in the country, people listen.

I think we'll look back on this time in a month, and it won't be nearly as bad.

The whole point is you are starting all over again in the recruiting process with these kids. Look at it this way. You start out in the recruiting process perhaps evaluating hundreds of prospects. Then of course you narrow it down. You figure maybe of the prospects you are still looking at, 10% to 20% may may have a interest and have made a connection with the coaches, while the other 90% to 80% don't have an interest and the coaches don't make a connection. So could it be that all these decommitments are those in the 80% to 90% area? I don't know what the exact numbers are in how many prospects the coaches start out with or the exact perscentage on how many are interested versus those who are not interested, but you got my point.

I am an insurance agent. If I have a client who I have developed a relationship with in the last maybe three or four years and have slowly but surely gain that person's trust, what happends if I decide to quit and another agent is assign to that client. Is it automatic that this new agent would keep the client? Hardly! It's very possible that the client will choose to go elsewhere. Perhaps the chemistry among the two is just not right. Perhaps those who like Callahan's personality wouldn't like Pelini's and those who like Pelini's personality wouldn't like Callahan's.

Hey, I'm just trying to put some thought into this. Disagree with me if you like. Debate is good.

neonwolf...........dag-nabit..........I am not 40, and how dare you say that :) .......actually, I'm 38, and don't look like a day over 58, and don't act like a day over 8.... :clap

and, by the way, I noticed that I spelled "quit" wrong in the title.....sorry....

I am glad to see almost all posts that somewhat agree.....I figured that I would get barbequed with this sentiment, but it is refreshing to see that I am not completely alone here......

THIS IS THE NEBRAKA FAN BASE I LOVE AND PROUD OF !!!!

- even if I am almost 40...

We are just taking out the fustration of the situation that is happening. The most easiest thing to do is blame the kids that aren't coming. It is tough to pick a college, I am going through that right now, let alone having schools come after you telling you bad things about the other and good things about theirs. Sure they are lucky to have the talent and it is a little cool to be recuirted but it does get old....

Moral of the story, count to 10 a dont blame the kids

Seems to me that if you are wondering about the way 18 year olds are acting, just look at the way the adults in college football are acting. For gosh sakes these guys have signed contracts and then jump ship!

I wish these guys were coming here also, but they will now have to deal with the consequences of their own decisions.

Bo needs to bring in the kids that fit his system, and he will. But what stinks is they are going to Colorado. :bang

Better times are coming, just hang on and enjoy the ride. GBR

Hanc, I have no problem with recruits changing their minds and going elsewhere. But I do have a problem with recruits wasting our coaching staffs time recruiting them, when they know darn well they weren't going to come here after the last staff was fired. All they had to do is say, they weren't interested anymore and then part ways. Instead of doing that, waste our recruiting time we could have had pursuing other players to fill those positions. Call me a "conspiracy nut", but I find it a little too convenient that the ones we lost to CU, chose to wait until the dead period to totally decommit, or were they told to wait till now, as a little gamesmanship by Hawkins' crew. Anyhoo, I hope they do well with their schools of choice...except when we play them. ;)

:rant

:yeah

Hanc, I have no problem with recruits changing their minds and going elsewhere. But I do have a problem with recruits wasting our coaching staffs time recruiting them, when they know darn well they weren't going to come here after the last staff was fired. All they had to do is say, they weren't interested anymore and then part ways. Instead of doing that, waste our recruiting time we could have had pursuing other players to fill those positions. Call me a "conspiracy nut", but I find it a little too convenient that the ones we lost to CU, chose to wait until the dead period to totally decommit, or were they told to wait till now, as a little gamesmanship by Hawkins' crew. Anyhoo, I hope they do well with their schools of choice...except when we play them. ;)

:rant