SIGNED: S P.J. Smith

From NOLA.com

http://www.nola.com/sports/

by Mike Strom

Monday February 04, 2008, 1:37 PM

Curtis defensive back P.J. Smith and Destrehan's Jerico Nelson are headed north, and in Smith's case make that way north.

Curtis's Smith celebrated Carnival's Lundi Gras by verbally committing to Nebraska and new Coach Bo Pelini on Monday. Pelini was defensive coordinator this past season for LSU's BCS national championship team.

Nelson, a running back and safety, will realize his dream of playing Southeastern Conference football after switching his commitment from Purdue to Arkansas and Coach Bobby Petrino Sunday during an official visit to Fayetteville.

Bryan Munson is talking about him on 1620 right now. Says he's in the 6-3 to 6-4 range and could move to LB some day but would be a good strong safety to start out.

Said there could be 2 to 3 more slots left in the class.

who do we still have out there with offers?

I know of wald, thompkins, rogers mitchell and byrd. anyone else? I would love to see another lineman, though I dont think that is going to happen

link to the The New Orleans Times-Picayune...good article on PJ.

"I'm going to Nebraska, the Cornhuskers," Smith, who is projected as a safety, said. "I had a good time up there on my visit. It felt like I was at home.

"They have a wonderful coaching staff. The people up there are wonderful and really support the program. I really liked Coach Bo. I know he's going to turn the program around in a hurry. The scheme up there really fits me. It was a good decision for me."

PJ is N. Great size speed combo. Projected as a safety.

This staff has recruited some great athletes in the short time that they have had. I cant wait until they have a full year.

Esp if we have some success during the year. I think that if it looks like Bo is really turning us around(esp on defense) we could start seeing some impressive players. not to down play who we have coming in now. I am thrilled with this class.

PJ is N. Great size speed combo. Projected as a safety.

This staff has recruited some great athletes in the short time that they have had. I cant wait until they have a full year.

Esp if we have some success during the year. I think that if it looks like Bo is really turning us around(esp on defense) we could start seeing some impressive players. not to down play who we have coming in now. I am thrilled with this class.

I am too. Hell we lost our edge by being blinded by the star ratings and not looking at the raw athlete and what that player could become under the right coach.