Early assault on Bo unfair

zoogs

Boy, I don't know where he's getting all of this from... but I haven't heard or read anything that was too terrible.

I think most of the anger from fans is stemming from all the recruits we've lost the past week. And I guess there were a select few that were pretty against Bo coaching in the MNC game. And sure there are most of us that are not quite sure about some of the staff he has hired. But I haven't seen this "Bo Blasting" going on...

Maybe I'm just not reading the right threads, or maybe it's because I don't read other Husker message boards...

:dunno

I can not tell you how much I was sick of hearing how the old coaching staff got all these recruits that were awesome. Look where that got NU. I see recruits coming to NU now to fit a system and an attitude not just be offered a scholarship just because they have 5 stars after their name.

:yeah I agree totally!! I think we need to go back to the way it was before BC and Company...when kids came to be a part of a team, not an individual.

I am not too worried about this years recruiting class, most wouldn't have played right away anyway. These things have a way of working out over time. In a couple of years we won't even remember until someone brings it up what a lousy recruiting year this was. We don't need individuals on this team, we need people that are willing to do what ever they are asked to do for the team in order to win games.

You can't blame Pelini for what he walked into, he just took an open job. You can't blame the lost recruits for leaving, there is no solid commitment here from the fans and boosters. You can't blame BC, he just took an open job. You can't blame Pedersen, he just jumped when the boosters and fans said jump. I hope T.O. learns the phrase "SHUT THE F#@% UP". I remember when Devany and Osborn struggled, we didn't like it but we supported the program and it proved to be the tradition. No matter what, support the Huskers or go be a Colorado fan.

if people didn't complain, the internetz would fall in on itself and turn into a hyper-dense ball of matter that would have the gravimetric force of a black hole and would destroy all of creation.

i read it on wikipedia so it must be true.

So, if I am to understand, half of the message topics here are to slam certain 5 star players for not living up to their billing, while the other half slam Pelini for losing said four/five star players.

Got it.

Thanks.

I officially hate this offseason already.

In my opinion the reason alot of the recruits that verbally said they would come here are leaving is because Callahan told them he would get them into the NFL, and Pelini and gang aren't doing that. So these young men see Millions of dollars, ferrari's and etc leaving with Pelini. If the only reason they were coming here was the NFL thing, then IMO, I'm glad they aren't coming. If they aren't coming because they don't like the coaches then we could have a problem, but I see it as a short term problem. I don't think you have to have 4 or 5 stars to have a good recruiting class. So if we find the guys that want to play for Nebraska, and have heart and passion, I think, we will come out fine.

On the flip side, do you think Coach Hawkins is telling our former recruits that he can get them into the NFL then? I don't buy that speculation.

I believe Hawkins is telling them that if you come to CU you will get a chance to play in a hurry. CU's program is on the rise, and he played I believe 42 true or redshirt freshmen this past year. They have a young team that made a giant leap this year. I believe he's selling them the fact that the team is very young and are on the brink of great things over the next 3 or 4 years.

On the flip side, Pelini is trying to sell recruits on things changing next year. The recruits decommitting didn't commit to change. They committed to BC and what he was doing. It should come as no surprise we are losing recruits. We could have gotten a big name coach to come in here, and recruits would still be decommitting. There's nothing saying that when it's all said and done that we don't get some recruits that are committed to another school to come here. The sky has not fallen yet.

I liked the article.

Sure Callahan made promises of the NFL. What the poor kids didn't realize was that they wouldn't get much coaching to improve themselves to get to that next level.

I think it's like he drops the kids in the desert telling them they can make it to the NFL Promisland. Yet he only gave them half a map.

Special Ops guys make it with no map at all!

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Just went to the deck and got an ice cold brew from my out door beer cooler (basically the only good thing there is about winter) and now its time to talk Huskers.

I haven't seen alot of bit--in' about anything but losing a few recruits. So what, some kids are giving up on what would have been a life long love affair with Nebraska and all of Husker Family. Sorry you are leaving, good luck and have a nice life. As far as I'm concerned getting Bo and his staff along with Ozzie being here till 2010 has been like an early Christmas present. I am very optimistic about our future. Who knows how really comitted these kids were? Who knows what was said to them during the period from when TO was brought in and when Callahan was fired? BC had to know he was gone the second TO walked into the Athletic Dept. These were Cally's kids, they were recruited to play his style of football and may just not be right for kind of hard nosed football we seem to be destined to get back to. If a kid likes the idea of not practicing in pads all week then he certainly isn't going to like a Husker team that is led by Bo P. Most of this is, ofcourse, speculation on my part but the one or two things I do know is that we will not miss these kids who have decommitted and that we are in a better position today than we were last year at this time.

Time for another brewski. Bar tender set 'em up for my friends.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez