chamrocck

Player: Chris Whaley

Hometown: Madisonville, TX

Position: RB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 220 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: A Rivals100 member; one of the best TX RB recruits for '09.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Too early to know. See this link which talks about Chris and his brother, Alonzo Whaley, who is a '08 LB recruit we also have offered. Linky: http://www.brazossports.com/football/Madis...keall_stateteam

Video link:

Link to his brother Alonzo Whaley thread:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24211

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alanzo said on 1620 that there is a good chance Chris will come to NU but no promises

That kid runs ANGRY! :woo He reminds me of a Eddie George/Larry Johnson type of runner. Man I would love to have this kid at Nebraska!

Those are great comparisons. He also reminds me a bit of Ahman Green with how smooth and effortless his running looks. He probably needs to learn to get his pads a bit lower going through the line though. He runs pretty upright and will take some serious shots in college. I don't mean to be nit picky or anything...this kid would be an awesome addition to the team!

Alanzo said on 1620 that there is a good chance Chris will come to NU but no promises

That kid runs ANGRY! :woo He reminds me of a Eddie George/Larry Johnson type of runner. Man I would love to have this kid at Nebraska!

Those are great comparisons. He also reminds me a bit of Ahman Green with how smooth and effortless his running looks. He probably needs to learn to get his pads a bit lower going through the line though. He runs pretty upright and will take some serious shots in college. I don't mean to be nit picky or anything...this kid would be an awesome addition to the team!

Remember that Eddie George ran upright a lot. He turned out pretty good! :thumbs In college that is! :lol:

As did Darren McFadden. He has an upright running style. And even with the number of carries Arkansas fed him, he had a relatively injury-free career. Yes, he got dinged up, but rarely did it slow him down or cause him to miss a game.

Depends on the runner. As I recall, Adrian Petersen also runs upright.

The only ding that kid got was when he did a self induced flip into the endzone! :lol:

As did Darren McFadden. He has an upright running style. And even with the number of carries Arkansas fed him, he had a relatively injury-free career. Yes, he got dinged up, but rarely did it slow him down or cause him to miss a game.

The only ding that kid got was when he did a self induced flip into the endzone! :lol:

they should show that clip to all incoming freshmen and review it ever year, with the coach prefacing he video with these word, "okay... *THIS* is why we don't showboat."

they should show that clip to all incoming freshmen and review it ever year, with the coach prefacing he video with these word, "okay... *THIS* is why we don't showboat."

But I thought all "da kool playas in da NFL like to show of their skilz!"