RB Chris Whaley

chamrocck

• 2 weeks later...

Still way too early to take this commitments seriously.

Mack Brown doesn't lose in-state early commits. These guys pretty much always stick. OOS commits is a different story, but I can't even remember one that decommitted except those that were avid depth chart watchers, which Whaley isn't.

While I agree that Mack Brown does have a reputation for solidifying in-staters early on, I think that when family becomes involved things are a little different.

Our shot at Chris all depends on what he hears about Nebraska from his big bro.

If he doesn't mind getting tackled by his brother let him stay with Texas.

way too early, but it may be that the kid *really* likes texas and has always seen himself in burned orange. remember, we lost a kid this year because tA&M overlooked him or just assumed he'd walk-on. as soon as the offer was made, he was an aggie.

not everyone wants to be a cornhusker. i know, that just doesn't sound right but sometimes it's true.

or it could be he wants to be on his own team and not be know as 'the little brother of alanzo'. who knows?

anyhow, it's way too early to call it.

"Mack Brown doesn't lose in-state early commits. These guys pretty much always stick. OOS commits is a different story, but I can't even remember one that decommitted except those that were avid depth chart watchers, which Whaley isn't"-sessamoid

He has lost a few. Ryan Perriloux ditched at the last second. Not in-state, but pretty high profile. Also, there was a decommit several years ago that made room for Chris Simms. He does fill up pretty early, and most of those do sign, you never know. We have made some inroads into the Texas talent pool. If NU can be successful, compete in every game and win more than we lose, there is no reason to believe that we can't pull some of these players to NU.

• 1 month later...

"Mack Brown doesn't lose in-state early commits. These guys pretty much always stick. OOS commits is a different story, but I can't even remember one that decommitted except those that were avid depth chart watchers, which Whaley isn't"-sessamoid

He has lost a few. Ryan Perriloux ditched at the last second. Not in-state, but pretty high profile. Also, there was a decommit several years ago that made room for Chris Simms. He does fill up pretty early, and most of those do sign, you never know. We have made some inroads into the Texas talent pool. If NU can be successful, compete in every game and win more than we lose, there is no reason to believe that we can't pull some of these players to NU.

RP was from Louisiana.