Marlon Lucky

np_husker

He would benefit from another year here. However, it's definitely true that Lucky's biggest problem last year was not having any holes to run through.

In the NFL, backs don't get holes, they get seams. Lucky hasn't shown the strength to get through the line and into the secondary.

He'll be back

A lot of the problem this past year was less than stellar run blocking at times. Lucky has improved each year at Nebraska and there is nothing that would indicate that he won't improve even more if he stays next year. I think he should stay, but I think he will eventually make a lot of money in the NFL.

exactly. and when not over-shadowed by a defense that had more hole than a number 9 sponge, his stats will look all the better.

Holes, seams, whatever. Call it what you want. Usually our offensive line was sucking so hard there was NOTHING to run into but a wall of f'ing bodies. Marlon isn't he best runner, but he's far better than our offensive line allowed him to be last season.

Ha..speaking of blocking, isn't that something that a back might want to do once in a while? Maybe pick up a blitzing linebacker or something. In that phase of the game, Marlon didn't exactly look like Matt Snell back there. Face it...the guy doesn't want to hit or be hit. Urge him to go pro and turn the page.

Holes, seams, whatever. Call it what you want. Usually our offensive line was sucking so hard there was NOTHING to run into but a wall of f'ing bodies. Marlon isn't he best runner, but he's far better than our offensive line allowed him to be last season.

Ha..speaking of blocking, isn't that something that a back might want to do once in a while? Maybe pick up a blitzing linebacker or something. In that phase of the game, Marlon didn't exactly look like Matt Snell back there. Face it...the guy doesn't want to hit or be hit. Urge him to go pro and turn the page.

:yeah Agree with Cy. The fact of hearing Marlon Lucky say he didnt go 100% because he didnt want to get hurt earlier this year told me all I needed to know about whre hes really coming from. I think its too bad if he does go, but I think it might be in his & NU's best interest if he does.

I think Lucky needs to come back for his Senior season. Not because I want him to come back just because I'm being selfish either. He needs to show a little bit more to the NFL and we seen what he was capable of this season. I would go as far as saying there is no other running back in the college ranks that can catch and run like him out of the backfield. He doesn't have the running ability that alot of other backs do, but his catching ability makes him a dangerous running back. I think if he came back next season and did as well or a little better than he did last season he would be a 2nd round or maybe maybe a 1st round draft pick.

IMHO, Marlon Lucky looks more like a 3rd or 4th round selection......

Right now yes, but if he had a good Senior season he could definately go 2nd round IMO.

A lot of "ifs" there. If Pelini plays the RB that best fits what were trying to do, Lucky might not see the field here. So he might as well go to the NFL where he can get paid to stand on the sidelines. Granted, he could get in on some 3rd down packages & special teams work. Stuff I dont think he would do here.

Wasn't Lucky the back that threw the block on the blitzer in the Wake Forest game that allowed Keller the time to throw the ball down the middle for a touchdown right before halftime?

He may not have done it all the time but that one stands out to me. I will say though, that if it is an issue with him, that he better learn how to do it quickly or he would never see the field because Bo wouldn't play him if he wasn't going to block for the quarterback. That would be an interesting conversation to overhear the first time Lucky didn't block for the quarterback. It would probably be safer to stay out on the field than go back to the sidelines.

IMHO, Marlon Lucky looks more like a 3rd or 4th round selection......

Right now yes, but if he had a good Senior season he could definately go 2nd round IMO.

A lot of "ifs" there. If Pelini plays the RB that best fits what were trying to do, Lucky might not see the field here. So he might as well go to the NFL where he can get paid to stand on the sidelines. Granted, he could get in on some 3rd down packages & special teams work. Stuff I dont think he would do here.

I would think in a spread type offense he would still get alot of looks?