Okies take on OU loss.

HSKRNOKC

Well its had time to sink in that Stoops take some questionable chances in that game at questionable times.

The OU fans around here are LIVIN!

They are talking some major trash about Stoops. From inability to win a big one??( Since he has one ring that's kind of bunk, but oh well) to calling for his head...???

On the sports animal( Local sports radio) One OU fan went on a rant on how Stoops was the most overrated coach in the nation.

Whats you guys take on this.

Well its had time to sink in that Stoops take some questionable chances in that game at questionable times.

They are talking some major trash about Stoops. From inability to win a big one??( Since he has one ring that's kind of bunk, but oh well) to calling for his head...???

On the sports animal( Local sports radio) One OU fan went on a rant on how Stoops was the most overrated coach in the nation.

I wish Nebraska went to a BCS bowl almost every year like Oklahoma does. They are used to winning and want something more. Plus it also shows how special the 2000 championship they won is. Perhaps they would like the times before Stoops came to Oklahoma?? Like when they had losing seasons. This stuff happens all the time. Look at Nebraska fans now. I mean most of us can't handle losing seasons and have expectations of having winning seasons every year. Even though Nebraska was getting blown out still watched. To be fair, bowl games are like season opening games, you really can't expect the same thing a team does the whole season. Teams tend to play different in bowl games and do more trick plays. that is why in some bowl games they are blow outs. Plus he did have receivers getting hurt in the game. I don't think Stoops is overrated just have had bad luck.

I think he is obviously a good coach and his record reflects that. He has won something like 6 Big XII titles in nine years and never had a losing season. He has one national championship and his teams seem to run the table in the Big XII. I think OU fans are going through the same type of feelings that we did with Dr. Tom right now. If they are just patient then good things will come. I think he needs to get some new assistants as that is what seems to be ailing him right now.

I listened to the sports animal all day yesterday at work and you're right: the fans are pissed! Personally, I think Stoops is a good coach and it's just going to take time. All the pieces of the puzzle for OU just haven't all been brought together at the right time. Stoops is much like Osborne was back in his early days of coaching.

He beat a very good MU team twice. He beat UT in the Red River Classic. Yeah, he never wins the big game. :sarcasm

Overall, I think Stoops is an excellent coach -- those fans need to be careful what they wish for. But I do think there must had been some coaching issue in this game, especially on defense. WVU saw something in OU's defense and burned them time and time again. I never seen a Stoops defense give up so many long T.D. plays, and this was a typical speedy OU defense. So obviously the coaching staff did something wrong in the game plan. But the best of coaches have their off days. It happens. Tell me a great coach who has never been blown out, and I will wash your car. :)

Fans can be greedy & spoiled. But mostly it's just knee-jerk reactions.

I would play for Stoops. I think he's definately one of the top three coaches out there.

I'm sure the window banners will be removed from all the Sooner fans here in Texas. Their pride & ego have been shaken.

I think he is obviously a good coach and his record reflects that. He has won something like 6 Big XII titles in nine years and never had a losing season. He has one national championship and his teams seem to run the table in the Big XII. I think OU fans are going through the same type of feelings that we did with Dr. Tom right now. If they are just patient then good things will come. I think he needs to get some new assistants as that is what seems to be ailing him right now.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Just what I was thinking BRI. I moved to Omaha in 1974 and all the talk was that TO wasn't doing the job.

Little did they know what the next 25 years would bring. Never fewer than 9 wins per year. A bowl game every year. Capped off by three National Championships in four years.

Give Stoops a break.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I think it's more a problem with LUCK..

That's one of the reasons College Football is more exciting than almost anything..The Best Team doesn't always win..That's why they play them.

So much luck and emotion is involved..OU probably had the worst draw (Bowl opponent wise) of any BCS Bowl team 2 years in a row..BSU had a built in "Us against the World" motivation, and WV players were trying to win a job for their interim Coach (Like ours did for Pelini "remember the 2003 17/3 Alamo")...I'd probably still pick OU in a rematch with either Boise State or WVU..Or maybe a best 3 outa 5.

USC is probably the closest we'll get to having a "Dynatsty" since Osborn/NU and the leveling of the playing field (Scholarship redux)..And even THEY lost to lowly Stanford .....and sun.

I'd work on why the team was "flat" again after a 3-4 week layoff..unlike WV...Seems like Osborn had a similar problem until he tweaked somethin.