High Profile First Time H.C.

I will tell you that the BCS game made Bo an unusually high profile first-time H.C. Can anyone think of a coach who was this high profile as a first time H.C.? Fox showed Bo on the sideline more than Miles. Has anyone seen an assistant before this get Gatorade thrown on him? Allowing him to coach the BCS game is a home run for T.O. Do some of you think he is actually more high profile now than some of the coaches who were considered candidates before T.O. chose Bo? (No, I'm not trying to hint that he will be a better coach than guys like Grobe, etc. That is something we won't know until we see Bo coach on the field for a few years. But I am excited about the hire.) I'm strictly talking about in the eyes of the public.

I will tell you that the BCS game made Bo an unusually high profile first-time H.C. Can anyone think of a coach who was this high profile as a first time H.C.? Fox showed Bo on the sideline more than Miles. Has anyone seen an assistant before this get Gatorade thrown on him? Allowing him to coach the BCS game is a home run for T.O. Do some of you think he is actually more high profile now than some of the coaches who were considered candidates before T.O. chose Bo? (No, I'm not trying to hint that he will be a better coach than guys like Grobe, etc. That is something we won't know until we see Bo coach on the field for a few years. But I am excited about the hire.) I'm strictly talking about in the eyes of the public.

I think you are right... Bo is in the limelight and deservingly so. He has had an impressive career at and after Nebraska... and came highly recommended by Pete Carroll and Monte Kiffin. I am sure Bo will make a huge splash this year and get us to the big 12 game, if not a BCS bowl. I am confident this was the move that fate had in store for the Husker Nation.

Did anyone see the LSU tigers throwing Bones? LOL!! :bonez

Maybe Weis at Notre Dame. But the exposure will help Coach Pelini.

I think the team will start feeling more like family again rather than just a business.

Mark Richt had a similar situation as FSU's OC in the 2000 national title game against OU before he moved on to Georgia. He didn't quite have the results that Pelini did, though. They did talk a lot about him during the game. I thought it was strange that the players doused Pelini and another assistant, but didn't touch Miles. Maybe they had instructions not to touch him.

Dude would not have recieved a gatorade shower if he was returning. It was clearly an affection gesture of parting ways.

The story lines get beefed up b/c it's the national championship game. I wouldnt say High Profile, but I would say the credit for his defensive coaching job over the past several years is worthy to get mentioned and publicity.

There is an article in the Journal Star talking about all the positive press Coach Pelini is getting. : link

“Bo Pelini is the next Bob Stoops,” said Tony Barnhart, longtime college football writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “A guy who is fundamentally sound who has been around great coaches all his life, who knows what a championship football team is supposed to look like.

“The fact that he was able to come here and have that defense ready to play with all the things going on, I think speaks well to him and his ability to run an organization.”

Dude would not have recieved a gatorade shower if he was returning. It was clearly an affection gesture of parting ways.

The story lines get beefed up b/c it's the national championship game. I wouldnt say High Profile, but I would say the credit for his defensive coaching job over the past several years is worthy to get mentioned and publicity.

Maybe the "Dude" wouldn't have, maybe he would've, who knows, but he did and it was awesome, let it be.

What I got out of the gatorade bath was that his players had a deep respect for him, and watching the game it looked like his players wanted to send him out in style. I hope he brings this love and respect to husker nation, it has been gone to long. We can all say what we want but I believe we got the right guy, so we should show our respect to Bo, his staff and all of our players and bring back the heart and soul of husker football. Let's pack the house for the spring game and let them all know we are behind them. OK now a question, the other assistant that got the gatorade bath, is he one of the coach's that is coming to Neb?

The spring game can't get here soon enough. :bonez:bonez:bonez

Maybe the "Dude" wouldn't have, maybe he would've, who knows, but he did and it was awesome, let it be.

Huh? Let what be? I'm just replying to the original post. :blink:

It said: Can anyone think of a coach who was this high profile as a first time H.C.? Fox showed Bo on the sideline more than Miles. Has anyone seen an assistant before this get Gatorade thrown on him?

Seemed like a nice question to me. Okay then. ;)

What I got out of the gatorade bath was that his players had a deep respect for him, and watching the game it looked like his players wanted to send him out in style.

Man love, deep respect and sending him out in style after his last game-

adds up to a gatorade shower!!

but opinions obviously vary.

GO BO!!

Maybe Weis at Notre Dame. But the exposure will help Coach Pelini.

I think the team will start feeling more like family again rather than just a business.

and that my friend, is a good thing!

TO is a classy guy. Letting Bo coach in the BCS championship game was a no brainer and the right thing to do.