Tommy Frazier

Had a nice opportunity to talk with Tommy Frazier in Des Moines this weekend (he noticed the Nebraska jacket) at Fan Fest 08. Sounds like Doane screwed up his opinion of coaching real good. Apparently they jerked him around quite a bit. Didn't realize the guy was so little though. He's lucky he wasn't playing when I was around. Told him I might have accidently killed him...

He found that to be hysterically funny...

Nice guy though. Talked to my daughter for a while about Doane and I think he convinced her that it probably wasn't the place for her to go to play volleyball...or to have a social life...or learn anything. Conversation probably cost me about 10 G's in tuition. Thanks Tommy.... :angry: Was good to have an opportunity to meet a legend though. I hope he enjoyed the opportunity.... :lol:

Had a nice opportunity to talk with Tommy Frazier in Des Moines this weekend (he noticed the Nebraska jacket) at Fan Fest 08. Sounds like Doane screwed up his opinion of coaching real good. Apparently they jerked him around quite a bit. Didn't realize the guy was so little though. He's lucky he wasn't playing when I was around. Told him I might have accidently killed him...

Nice guy though. Talked to my daughter for a while about Doane and I think he convinced her that it probably wasn't the place for her to go to play volleyball...or to have a social life...or learn anything. Conversation probably cost me about 10 G's in tuition. Thanks Tommy.... :angry: Was good to have an opportunity to meet a legend though. I hope he enjoyed the opportunity.... :lol:

Curious...

a friend in Des Moines told me that Tommie would be there this past weekend...wasn't it an Iowa Cubs thingamajig? Was he getting a lot of attention?

FYI, Cy...I went to Doane while Tommy was there and I knew pretty much every football player. Their

impressions of him were not good. Play calling was terrible for one and he never really established the player/coach relationship with more than a small group of kids. My impressions of him is that he thought he was above Doane and the entire campus. He'd walk in the lunch room with his coaching entourage and acted like he owned the place. Plus there were plenty of college girls that had problems with him (I'll leave it at that.) It was very disappointing that one of my idols growing up was not all that I thought he was. All this being said I never really had a chance to sit and talk with him.

As for Doane (if you want to rake out the money) I loved it. It's a very tight community and campus life can be as fun as you want to make it. I do know both the volleyball coaches and they are good teachers and leaders. I'm not crazy about the head coach, just because I was in track and field and we had to share the indoor arena for practice and she got annoying to me. But that won't be a problem for long after the new facility is built (it will be very nice!)

Just thought I'd let you in on some stuff. GBR!

Not bagging Doane...we're still planning a campus visit there in February along with Wayne State. We've already been to Creighton (she did not like it there), Simpson (too close) and ISU and are planning on visits to Luther, Coe and a few other midwestern schools. Looking at some of these scholarship offers she's been getting makes me wish I would have actually studied once in a while though....

He's lucky he wasn't playing when I was around. Told him I might have accidently killed him...

probably because he knows you'd have to catch him first!

:woo

I thought that, too. Sure I weigh 300 lbs and if I landed on him he'd be squished, but if I jumped at him, by the time I landed he'd be ten yards downfield. :)

He's lucky he wasn't playing when I was around. Told him I might have accidently killed him...

probably because he knows you'd have to catch him first!

:woo

post-340-1199715189.jpg

and sometimes even *that* wasn't enough.

Luckily...all I had to try to catch was that slow-ass Turner Gill..... <_<

That didn't turn out real good either....

:bang them little guys can really be frustrating....but then when you do catch up to one, you just take all the frustration you felt with the ones before on him.... :nutz