bullocks and smith leaving!

Benard

Positive comments but I really have to wonder if you can believe him or Fabian's reason for leaving.  I think they are leaving because of the coaching.  Does anyone honestly think they go pro if the old staff was still here? I sure don't.

Honestly, taking them at more than their word is putting words in their mouth. Looking at what safteys would be entering the draft this year, maybe it was his best chance if he wanted to play professionally.

Do I think they would have gone pro this year under a different staff? Who cares if they would have or not? What difference would it make?

Ahman Green left early.

I wonder if this will help further persuage Adam Meyers-White and Reggie Smith to head to Lincoln?

Good luck Josh. Hope you don't regret it.

Positive comments but I really have to wonder if you can believe him or Fabian's reason for leaving.  I think they are leaving because of the coaching.  Does anyone honestly think they go pro if the old staff was still here? I sure don't.

Honestly, taking them at more than their word is putting words in their mouth. Looking at what safteys would be entering the draft this year, maybe it was his best chance if he wanted to play professionally.

Do I think they would have gone pro this year under a different staff? Who cares if they would have or not? What difference would it make?

Ahman Green left early.

I wonder if this will help further persuage Adam Meyers-White and Reggie Smith to head to Lincoln?

Good luck Josh. Hope you don't regret it.

Its safe to say Ahman had a great year, these 2 didn't have great years. LeKevin is coming back, whether that was a good idea for him or not is to be determined. Alot of rumors still going around that there are more to come. Many have said if Herian didn't get hurt that he would be gone and maybe still will be.

Positive comments but I really have to wonder if you can believe him or Fabian's reason for leaving. I think they are leaving because of the coaching. Does anyone honestly think they go pro if the old staff was still here? I sure don't.

:wtf I am on your side Benard !!!!!

I honestly believe that if Marvin Sanders was still coaching DB's that there is no way in hell that these two guys leave !!!

I understand that $$$ talks and Fabian has legit reason's, but I think that Marvin had a much closer relationship with these guys and would have influenced them enough to stay!!!!

Bullocks is disappointing :steam .... I respect the fact that he had positive comments about NU, but I don't think he is ready.

Both of these guys had average years at best (when compared to last season)...

I know that Ahman Geen left early, but so did Johnnie Mitchell and Lawrence Phillips and that worked out well :wacko:

I hope that they have great careers, but I really believe that the staff had a HUGE influence on them leaving.

This is starting to concern me.....We sucked this year, and hell, our best players on a bad team are leaving :( Where does this leave us ???

:wtf I am on your side Benard !!!!!

I honestly believe that if Marvin Sanders was still coaching DB's that there is no way in hell that these two guys leave !!!

I understand that $$$ talks and Fabian has legit reason's, but I think that Marvin had a much closer relationship with these guys and would have influenced them enough to stay!!!!

Bullocks is disappointing :steam .... I respect the fact that he had positive comments about NU, but I don't think he is ready.

Both of these guys had average years at best (when compared to last season)...

I know that Ahman Geen left early, but so did Johnnie Mitchell and Lawrence Phillips and that worked out well :wacko:

I hope that they have great careers, but I really believe that the staff had a HUGE influence on them leaving.

This is starting to concern me.....We sucked this year, and hell, our best players on a bad team are leaving :( Where does this leave us ???

I think you are out of your skull. Its obvious that the coaches had nothing to do with these guys leaving. Havent you hear what they said, they LOVE this coaching staff, Im sure that they wish that cos-worthless would adopt them. Bullocks (the former AA who turned into an average player under coz) is obviously an ingrate, as is Fabian. Pilkington never would have played again because its obvious that he sucked, and the loads of talent that bill is bringing in would have sent him (a senior returning captain) straight to the bench. Birkel, heck, I dont know how the guy even lettered in high school, he was that bad, I mean 6'3" guys that run 4.4 40's grow on trees, he's a dime a dozen.

(feel the sarcasm)

If the rest of you really want to bury your head in the sand and believe that everything is just roses in Lincoln, that the coaches sit around and sing folk songs with the boys on Friday evenings (well, that would explain the lack of game planning and teaching going on down there), ah, youre all dead wrong.

Like another person said, where theres smoke, theres fire.

Better get the engines to Memorial Stadium.

Quote from LeKevin:

“I have decided to return for my senior year as a Nebraska Cornhusker and not enter the 2005 NFL Draft. The team, and especially the defensive line, has a chance to do great things next season and I want to be a key part of that success. I look forward to my role as a senior leader on this team as we work for a championship this year. I also want to help develop leaders for the future of this football program.

I know I will benefit from another year at the college level and the opportunity to mature, get stronger, and gain more experience. I feel I have a lot more that I can learn from Coach Callahan and Coach Blake. I am also looking forward to finishing my degree in construction management.

I also want to wish Josh Bullocks and Fabian Washington the best as they pursue their goal of playing in the NFL.”

Losing kids to the draft is going to happen more and more IMO. Callahan is going after more and more kids that could have a very viable NFL career.

We are rebuilding and the more old players that leave the better Callahans system willl be. Callahan did not have the players to run his system and it showed. We may not be any better next year, but give it time. The talent is on the way.

I love most of the old players, but if they can go pro, let them. We need new blood who is with the system wholeheartidly