The Advantages of Wearing Your Husker Gear

Cy you're hilarious. Malvern , Treynor, and Onawa ? all great cities with much to offer ... :sarcasm .. I was born in Omaha and live here now.. but grew up in Glenwood,IA .... so I got your point, not corny at all ... good stuff.. keep it up..

Loved Glenwood....Rupes Pub...The Monkey Tree...going fishing at Pony Creek and pulling dead guys out of the lake instead of fish...the only movie theater in the world where you could get stuck sitting behind a big freakin pillar and couldn't see the damn movie *grrrr*. Knew and still know a lot of people who call Glenwood home...and no, they don't all reside at the hospital school... :angry:

Cy you're hilarious. Malvern , Treynor, and Onawa ? all great cities with much to offer ... :sarcasm .. I was born in Omaha and live here now.. but grew up in Glenwood,IA .... so I got your point, not corny at all ... good stuff.. keep it up..

Loved Glenwood....Rupes Pub...The Monkey Tree...going fishing at Pony Creek and pulling dead guys out of the lake instead of fish...the only movie theater in the world where you could get stuck sitting behind a big freakin pillar and couldn't see the damn movie *grrrr*. Knew and still know a lot of people who call Glenwood home...and no, they don't all reside at the hospital school... :angry:

Onawa home of the Eskimo Bar mmmmmmmm :clap

I drive all over the country....I don't get the freebies, but I do get into a lot of conversations with people about Nebraska Football. Usually they are very supportive and have some respect for the program we have. The only places that I have found hostility is in Kansas and Colorado. More likely in Colorado you find indifference though, they just don't have the tradition like we do, and not everyone is really from Colorado or grew up to be a Buff fan.

It totally amazes me at the number of people around the country that can name some of our past players, and actually know something about our football program and history, especially since most people think Nebraska is nothing more than a big cornfield in the middle of the country somewhere with a bunch of sand hillbillies....(did I really say that??).

It is funny how we come up with these stereotypes...most of the time they are way off, I have learned that it don't matter where you are from, everyone is the same (except for students from Colorado - they are just a$$holes). Everyone has their problems, and just wants to get by and be respected for doing so.

I wear something Nebraska everyday...I am proud of my state, proud of the University that I actually never got to attend myself, and proud of the people that are associated with Nebraska football. They are the best ambassadors of our state to the people that come to visit when their team plays our team. Yeah, we want to kick their butts, but then after the game, we want to make a new friend and have a beer. You don't get that in many places. I love Nebraska...

ps. anyone wants to give me freebies...I am not above taking them!!

doesnt work like that here in AZ.

I scored a couple free beers at the FBR last weekend because I was wearing my Nebraska hat. You're right though, I'm tired of hearing from every ASU fan about the 19-0 "Debacle in the Desert". They seem to forget getting beat by almost 50 in '95 and by almost 40 in '02. Kinda reminds me of some of the arrogant KU fans. Have a good year and forget the past 10-20 yrs.

my cousin moved up to Washington in '03 and he always hated Nebraska because all they did was win the boring way, with the run game (his opinion).. then came Callahan and he started liking NU more and more and all of a sudden he was riding shotgun on the bandwagon because they were not winning all the time and were more exciting with the passing game... it's hilarious because he was the biggest hater you'd ever meet and suddenly every saturday he'd be calling me before kickoff yelling about how the Huskers were gonna tear it up while he's getting hammered at his favorite hole in the wall bar which he called the "Husker Bar" and everyone's wearing red !!

One year I just hopped in my car and started driving, no map, no idea where I was going. I just went driving around the country for two weeks. I stopped in a small town in Idaho, small enough that I have no idea what the name of it was. Probably about 500 people. The only thing they had to eat was a run down Pizza Hut so I stopped in for a pizza. I had a Husker jacket on and ran into a gentlemen about 80 years old, said he had never left the state of Idaho but this guy knew more about Husker football then T.O himself. After 2 hours of talking to this man in utter shock that he knew the things he did, he paid for my pizza, gave me a hand shake and pointed me toward Washington. I have always wanted to head back up that way and see if I could find him again.

That has been my only freebie! :woo

It's been quite a few years ago, but I got a whole lotta love from Florida State grads when I was down there in my Husker gear. Gator and Hurricane boys were just bush-league pricks, but the Fla State crowd NEVER forgot the class act of Nebraska... (from direct quotes) they have always viewed us as what they want to be.

I kinda feel bad that they've now got some real rough times coming IMO.

One year I just hopped in my car and started driving, no map, no idea where I was going. I just went driving around the country for two weeks. I stopped in a small town in Idaho, small enough that I have no idea what the name of it was. Probably about 500 people. The only thing they had to eat was a run down Pizza Hut so I stopped in for a pizza. I had a Husker jacket on and ran into a gentlemen about 80 years old, said he had never left the state of Idaho but this guy knew more about Husker football then T.O himself. After 2 hours of talking to this man in utter shock that he knew the things he did, he paid for my pizza, gave me a hand shake and pointed me toward Washington. I have always wanted to head back up that way and see if I could find him again.

That has been my only freebie! :woo

Man, that is really a cool story. I would love to just say screw it and just drive wherever I wanted!

Be thankful you guys are at least in area's where folks know what college football is...

I live in North Jersey, and I was at the Garden State Plaza (big freakin' mall here) with my girlfriend, and had my Blackshirts sweatshirt on. I had some rocket scientist ask me if I was in a motorcycle gang from Nebraska...

Be thankful you guys are at least in area's where folks know what college football is...

I live in North Jersey, and I was at the Garden State Plaza (big freakin' mall here) with my girlfriend, and had my Blackshirts sweatshirt on. I had some rocket scientist ask me if I was in a motorcycle gang from Nebraska...

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

(I'm guessing this would be the same type of genius that asks if he needs to take a long rifle when visiting Nebraska... you know, for the 'injuns')

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

(I'm guessing this would be the same type of genius that asks if he needs to take a long rifle when visiting Nebraska... you know, for the 'injuns')

Well, me being one of said "injuns", i've decided to take it to them, and invade the northeast...