Broderick Thomas Jr.

only lists LSU now...

well, lets be honest: LSU is having some real high profile problems at QB right now.

if i were a hot freshman and wanted to join a top-flight program and have a real shot to compete, you could do worse than LSU.

regardless where his father played, he's got to make the decision that right for him.

• 1 month later...

The scholarship limit bites, but I do understand it. This kid and his family are part of the Tradition at Nebraska. I'd love to see him play for Nebraska. After all his dad really changed the OLB position and is the main reason you have OLB playing like a rush end.

Just like I said for the last few years.... I would and never will put a Rudd down period! I absolutely loved them all! Grampa Rudd, Dad Rudd, Barret Rudd and Bo Rudd! :hellloooo:hellloooo They all had a little different situation but ALL played with heart, intellegence and pride. Even with the coaches that created a black mark on the blackshirts. :steam

They are Nebraska. Infact just as much if not more than the Mackovica's and I absolutely love those guys and really would love to see one more.

Common little Mack... if there is such a thing.

The scholarship limit bites, but I do understand it. This kid and his family are part of the Tradition at Nebraska. I'd love to see him play for Nebraska. After all his dad really changed the OLB position and is the main reason you have OLB playing like a rush end.

Just like I said for the last few years.... I would and never will put a Rudd down period! I absolutely loved them all! Grampa Rudd, Dad Rudd, Barret Rudd and Bo Rudd! :hellloooo:hellloooo They all had a little different situation but ALL played with heart, intellegence and pride. Even with the coaches that created a black mark on the blackshirts. :steam

They are Nebraska. Infact just as much if not more than the Mackovica's and I absolutely love those guys and really would love to see one more.

I personally do not think the Ruud's belong in the same category as the Makovicka's. Barret and his dad played well for NU. If Bo was so into tradition, he would have handed over his Blackshirt this year after the way he and the defense played. Only Bowman did and I feel Bo should have been the first one to do it. Did Bo play with heart??? I am not so sure he did. Maybe he was just so over matched it made him look like he was not playing. Trust me, I appreciate what their family has done for NU, but I am not sold on Bo.

I hope the Justin Makovicka does what his brothers did!!!!!!

I personally do not think the Ruud's belong in the same category as the Makovicka's. Barret and his dad played well for NU. If Bo was so into tradition, he would have handed over his Blackshirt this year after the way he and the defense played. Only Bowman did and I feel Bo should have been the first one to do it. Did Bo play with heart??? I am not so sure he did. Maybe he was just so over matched it made him look like he was not playing. Trust me, I appreciate what their family has done for NU, but I am not sold on Bo.

The Rudd's have 3 generations of Huskers in their family. There Dad is still in one of the "Greatest Husker Hit" films. They all Bleed Red. Barrett holds the all time record for tackles at Nebraska. Bo, unfortuantely had a bumbling idiot for a coach. He knew this and everyone knew this. Not once did I hear him bitch or say anything bad or say anything that would look bad twoards the team or university. And as far as being over machted???? Well he was drafted in the pro's because he has the size, speed and football smarts to play professional football. Last year was painfull to watch all around. Coaching and game plan had a hell of a lot to do with last years debacle. It will be interresting to see what the same players do with new coaches. The Rudd's really are true Huskers.

And I completely agree.... Justin Makovicka.... I really hope he gets the chance to play some smash face, hard running, bone crunching football.

The Rudd's have 3 generations of Huskers in their family. There Dad is still in one of the "Greatest Husker Hit" films. They all Bleed Red. Barrett holds the all time record for tackles at Nebraska. Bo, unfortuantely had a bumbling idiot for a coach. He knew this and everyone knew this. Not once did I hear him bitch or say anything bad or say anything that would look bad twoards the team or university. And as far as being over machted???? Well he was drafted in the pro's because he has the size, speed and football smarts to play professional football. Last year was painfull to watch all around. Coaching and game plan had a hell of a lot to do with last years debacle. It will be interresting to see what the same players do with new coaches. The Rudd's really are true Huskers.

And I completely agree.... Justin Makovicka.... I really hope he gets the chance to play some smash face, hard running, bone crunching football.

I completely agree that the Ruud's are true Huskers...Barret is one of my all time favorites, but Bo just did not do it for me....even though BC and Coz were the coaches. As I said, I think Bo should have given up his Blackshirt to prove he and the "defense" were not worthy of wearing that jersey in practice due to his family's tradition at NU.

I completely agree that the Ruud's are true Huskers...Barret is one of my all time favorites, but Bo just did not do it for me....even though BC and Coz were the coaches. As I said, I think Bo should have given up his Blackshirt to prove he and the "defense" were not worthy of wearing that jersey in practice due to his family's tradition at NU.

Agreed... the blackshirts should have been taken away and since they weren't, I think it should have come from a person of tradition. Come to think of it, maybe Coz shouldn't have been the one anyway. He was part of the problem. I can't wait to see these kids compete this year. I think we are going to see a whole new animal.

:koolaid2:

GBR

• 1 month later...

I hope so too brother! It would be nice if Broderick did decide to come here and be part of the special rebuilding process.

there does not seem to be a lot of interest in this guy, at least fromt he schools he is interested in....no offers, and nu is not one school he is interested in..

• 2 weeks later...

I know pepole wondered if Braoderick Sr had an issue with the previous staff. Well I actually heard a few interviews and very little was left to question as far as his feelings went. :) I for one wondered if he still had a few tough feelings about Nebraska and maybe didn't care to have his son in the middle of the situation. After reading this.... it looks to me like he is feeling pretty good about Nebraska trying to get back to itself.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10405633

GBR

The report (comming from Cody) says: Brodrick (Sandman) calles Cody to talk to him about the position he plays and how to get the most out of it, what it takes to get to the pro's and what a blackshirt means. It was all about Nebraska and pride. Brodrick aslo says "whenever I get to thinking about Nebraska, I give him a call. Maybe 2-3 times a week maybe 2-3 times a month. Sounds pretty good tme me. :)

• 3 months later...