Broderick Thomas Jr.

any news on this kid?

You know rating from Rivals but Scout has him a 3 :star, #76 WR and ESPN, 80 #26 ATH loves him:

We are not sure if Thomas will ever be a quarterback at the next level, but he sure is a special athlete and he can run like the wind. He is a good looking player on the hoof-- a sleek, strong athlete that is a serious dual-threat that really generates momentum with his legs. Looks and moves like a wide receiver which is likely where he will end up. He runs with good vision and great patience but explodes through the line of scrimmage once he finds the crease. Very fluid in space and can change directions without losing much momentum at all. Is elusive in space and displays a noticeable second-gear to run away from most defenders. He shows a powerful arm and can really zip it, but there is a high likelihood it will not hit the target consistently. He really sprays the ball around and is not asked to do much as a downfield passer. Is more of a dink and dunk on screens and quick hitters in the shotgun. Rarely works from his first to second progression and locks on to targets. He clearly has the arm to make all the throws, but he is a project in the passing game and must develop polish, discipline and patience. His overall athleticism and speed are why he is dangerous and at either wide receiver or safety, he could really be a guy in time. Excellent athlete and the upside to be a very good player down the line.

But I don't think he has any offers.

After listening to what the broadcasters had to say about Steinkuhler and how he has followed in his dad's footsteps to NU and handled it very well. I can't imagine the pressure they feel knowing that their dad is a legend at NU and if they do not live up to name. I know it can work the other way and be great like has been for both of them.

However, I think it is a little different in this situation. The Sandman was a different kind of player and human being. I think it would be harder to follow him.

If he is being considered as an athlete/WR, I think Bo should take a look at him. If he is having academic troubles, it may be hard to take him....maybe NU can get him to a JUCO and have him come back when he gets everything straightened out.

• 1 month later...

This was on Scout's ticker earlier, when did we think he was going to walk on?

11:13 a.m.

Some drama in Texas. QB Broderick Thomas is a Houston commit, but apparently Nebraska thinks he is going to walk on. A coach at Madison HS said he is going to sign with UH.

The scholarship limit bites, but I do understand it. This kid and his family are part of the Tradition at Nebraska. I'd love to see him play for Nebraska. After all his dad really changed the OLB position and is the main reason you have OLB playing like a rush end.

Just like I said for the last few years.... I would and never will put a Rudd down period! I absolutely loved them all! Grampa Rudd, Dad Rudd, Barret Rudd and Bo Rudd! :hellloooo:hellloooo They all had a little different situation but ALL played with heart, intellegence and pride. Even with the coaches that created a black mark on the blackshirts. :steam

They are Nebraska. Infact just as much if not more than the Mackovica's and I absolutely love those guys and really would love to see one more.

Common little Mack... if there is such a thing.

I personally do not think the Ruud's belong in the same category as the Makovicka's. Barret and his dad played well for NU. If Bo was so into tradition, he would have handed over his Blackshirt this year after the way he and the defense played. Only Bowman did and I feel Bo should have been the first one to do it. Did Bo play with heart??? I am not so sure he did. Maybe he was just so over matched it made him look like he was not playing. Trust me, I appreciate what their family has done for NU, but I am not sold on Bo.

I hope the Justin Makovicka does what his brothers did!!!!!!

I guess you're kind of right. The Ruud's were brought into UNL on scholly. The Mackovicka's had to earn it the hard way by walking on. So, I guess maybe they don't belong in the same category.

This was on Scout's ticker earlier, when did we think he was going to walk on?

11:13 a.m.

Some drama in Texas. QB Broderick Thomas is a Houston commit, but apparently Nebraska thinks he is going to walk on. A coach at Madison HS said he is going to sign with UH.

He ended up signing with Houston. Too bad. I would have enjoyed seeing the Sandman's son develop at NU.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...mp;pr_key=56764