Spring Game

rocketlb

Obviously we know the way Callahan ran the spring scrimmage...and it sucked! IMHO

How do you think Pelini will format the spring game this year? Do you think we will see any green jerseys on the field?

I personally think, and hope, that Bo will have the 1s vs. 1s this year. It just seems to me that it goes with his personality and the way he coaches...hardnosed and physical!

Also, I'm hoping that the QBs won't be wearing those damn green jerseys. As has been pointed out in previous threads, we MIGHT be looking at a three-way QB battle. If that's the case, I think we should be testing them in game-like situations. What do you guys think?

Obviously we know the way Callahan ran the spring scrimmage...and it sucked! IMHO

How do you think Pelini will format the spring game this year? Do you think we will see any green jerseys on the field?

I personally think, and hope, that Bo will have the 1s vs. 1s this year. It just seems to me that it goes with his personality and the way he coaches...hardnosed and physical!

Also, I'm hoping that the QBs won't be wearing those damn green jerseys. As has been pointed out in previous threads, we MIGHT be looking at a three-way QB battle. If that's the case, I think we should be testing them in game-like situations. What do you guys think?

I hope it is 1s vs 1s. However I dont think the green jersey is a bad idea. Just be a little more liberal with it, rather then a two hand touch "tackle" make the players wrap up the QB for a tackle. My two cents.

Not sure if we want to put the QB at risk like that. Maybe if there is no blitzing...but then that kind of takes the defense off the field, doesn't it? Yeah we have several QB's, but all of them are not on the same level, and I would hate to think we would put someone out there and get them hurt, then have to wonder if they would have been the "guy" to lead the offense. I don't like the green jersey either...maybe it kind of has to be on the honor system...everyone knows who the QB is, maybe they need to remember that we would like him to live through the Spring game.

Not sure if we want to put the QB at risk like that. Maybe if there is no blitzing...but then that kind of takes the defense off the field, doesn't it? Yeah we have several QB's, but all of them are not on the same level, and I would hate to think we would put someone out there and get them hurt, then have to wonder if they would have been the "guy" to lead the offense. I don't like the green jersey either...maybe it kind of has to be on the honor system...everyone knows who the QB is, maybe they need to remember that we would like him to live through the Spring game.

I'm not saying that I think the QBs should be left to die either. But isn't it reasonable to assume that as the starting QB they will be subjected to much more violence, and have more of a possibility to get injured, by someone in a real game during the season? I mean, it's not like the Peter brothers are playing on our D right now...though God knows I'd love it if they were!

It would give the coaches a chance to see what the QBs will do, and how they'll react, under pressure...just something to think about.

Strigori is right on........1 vs 1 , and gren jerseys for QB..........NO WAY do you put your QB in danger of getting a season ending injury, which ultimately (as much as many of us don't want to admit) is just a "public practice"....

Common sense says that you don't want a young eager D-player bearing down on the guy who may make your offense "go" next season... It is very difficult to have them not wear the jerseys, and yet try to limit the contact... the best way to handle it, is with the jerseys....

Personally, I am not excited about seeing Suh blind side Ganz/Lee.....proves nothing to me...

It will probably be everything every husker fan wants. How could it not?

There will be free beer and hot women from SEC Country here??!!

f#*k, I'm there!

In all seriousness, I hope it's at least 1's and 4's vs. 2's and 3's. I don't wanna see Ganz, Lee, and Witt all on the same team tearing up 3rd and 4th stringers the whole game (a la Keller and Ganz last year)

I think it will be 1 v 1 with the QBs in green jerseys. Got to limit the hits on the QB.

:yeah

Just curious, has there ever been a spring game with no touchdowns? Just dreaming of a blackshirt spring game.

With the offense that we had last season, there will be touchdowns. The defense won't turn around 100% from last season that fast....you forget, they were at the bottom of the list nationally. The Girl Scouts could have scored on them.